2019-10-29 07:17:36

@25: Right click on a feed and choose export or whatever it's called, should create an XML file for you.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-11-03 03:04:56

Version 3.3 is now available for automatic update and download!
the changes are below, and they are huge:

3.3:
Bug fix: fixed where alt b failed to work if you opened a search result's info list and then tried to go back from the search screen.
Bug fix: fixed where the program did not fully shut down properly.
Bug Fix: Fixed where OPML files were put out with an xml extension. It makes no difference, but is more conventional.
Bug fix: Fixed a bug with the feed checker that could cause it to go wrong.
Bug fix: Fixed a lot of visual problems.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where if you streamed a file twice, the second time it would fail.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where logs got huge.
Bug Fix: fixed several misc bugs that could cause the program to crash.
Documentation: Updated the Read me.
Feature Addition: you can now create your own custom categories and move feeds to them.
Feature Addition: The Main screen now has a menu bar.
Feature addition: When playing episodes, the title of the window changes to reflect what is being played.
Feature Addition: Added another searchable archive for both rss feeds and podcasts.
Feature Addition: the program now supports password protected feeds.
Feature Addition: you can now edit Feed URl and login data from the action menu.
Feature Addition: The program now allows you to view the update status of feeds.
Feature Change: the feeds list is now a tree view.
Feature Change: The action menu, accessed through the button or by pressing the applications key, now adapts depending on what was clicked on.
Feature Change: When deleting a feed, the program now asks if you  want to delete the downloads and the feed, or just the feed.
Feature Change: All of the buttons on the main screen were moved to the top menu/

To download, head over to https://nathantech.net/nathantechsoftware.php or use the built in updater.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-11-28 10:05:37 (edited by Xvordan 2019-11-28 10:44:05)

Can there please be an option to not have the program reside in the background? I'm a very OCD person about what programs are running. In my case, for example, I only launch my podcast app to catch up then listen to a podcast and, once I close the window, I want it to be gone. I respect there are people who do want it in the background for RSS updates, but I'm one of them.
The problem here is that there's no way that I know of to stop this program behaviour -- even if you explicitly click the exit button, it just minimizes to the system tray.
Also, is it normal that the application should have so many repeat entries in task manager? Per the above problem, I was shutting it down via task manager, and at one point noticed 5 separate entries! It also seems that if you click on the desktop shortcut, the application isn't smart enough to detect that LunaRSS is already running and just bring it to the front -- it launches a brand new instance, which is probably why I had 5 separate entries. Note however, that even when I had just launched the program once, it created two separate processes in task manager.
The audio navigation while listening to a stream also needs finer control. At one point, I was listening to a podcast where the left and right arrow were skipping by several minute intervals, and unless I'm missing it, there was no way to fine-tune this so that I could skip just seconds.

Edit: I just went to download the full archive of a big feed and the program gave me a quick progress bar, but then it stopped after a while and I am now just seeing the abort button. There's no indication that it's downloading, what speeds it's downloading at, what file it's download, what the progress of that file or of the entire download is, or anything. I have no idea if the program's frozen and I should just click abort, or if it's actually still downloading and I should let it continue.

I really do like some of the things LunaRSS does, but these issues make it less than ideal for me.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!