2019-08-21 12:23:05

Hy!
As I was planning some new features for next release for the ultimate game kit(the new bgt), I thought that pdf reading capabilities like in balabolca would be nice for the user of UGK. So, is there any reliable pdf writer similar to pypdf2 for c#?

2019-08-21 12:32:38

Did you google your problem before? Because when I'm googling things, I find packages over packages for C#, like PDFNet, the package more powerful than everything Python has to offer, at least thats how it seems:
PDFNet
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-08-21 12:53:34

@2: offcourse I did search it on googlle and I found the thing you linked here as well as another solution.
Your linked to is way too big for my little game engine and my other solution works only on a file by file manner, converting from.html to .pdf and so on

2019-08-22 02:40:12

It seemsthat the new bgt will not have pdf support in the first alfa release after all.
Speaking of which, I want to inform you that the next release, if nothing else will happen in the meantime, willl be available  latest 3 weeks earliest one week from now

2019-08-22 20:02:41

PDF NET is not very big, its easily implementable./

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-08-22 20:33:41

Can you back your statement with some code? Can you show how to extract text from a pdf file page by page?

2019-08-22 21:33:27

This is the example I found
https://www.pdftron.com/documentation/s … xtractTest

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-08-22 22:39:44

Thank you for that, you saved my day.
I've never used a newget package before, so as you seem more rehersed in vs and those things, could you teal me how to add a newget package to my project? What happens if someone will compile my project with a slow or nonexistent internet connection? Does a newget package even have documentation? Is PdfNet payed?

2019-08-22 23:00:25

Just as a side-note, i'd recommend you to at least think about the solutions people provide without saying "yes I looked into it but it doesn't help me", just to do a 180 later and say "oh, now that I see an example (you could have googled that yourself btw), it does help me indeed.".
NuGet Packages can be installed through multiple ways. Either by using e.g. Visual Studio on Windows (it has a built-in NuGet package manager) or a command-line tool (Visual Studio again has one of those as well).
NuGet basically is what pip is for Python. Whenever someone wants to use or compile your project on a different machine, they will have to run your NuGet initialization command first to get all dependencies of your project. With a slow or even no internet connection, you'll have to install the dependencies by hand from a package archive one by one until the project runs smoothly. At those times however, a slow internet connection shouldn't be a thing, and even if you're hit hard by the 1990, you'll know this already from most other modern programming languages like JavaScript (Node.js), Python (pip), Ruby or Go and loads more. So its common practice to use a dependency manager like NuGet, its just a nice way to get your project up and running.
Those NuGet packages should be runnable cross-platform on Linux as well as Windows and probably even many more, depending on the package itself. A NuGet packaging tool is available for any platform as far as I know.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-08-23 00:36:46

if one uses VS, there's even no need to use the init command. The packages are restored as soon as the project is loaded to the IDE, just on a sidenote.

2019-08-23 00:38:50

For those who are not using VS, 'dotnet restore' is the magic command which will restore all nuget packages related to the project in the current directory