2019-08-21 07:27:06

Hello.

I'll start this off.

Do you come across the today, two days ago and last week view in downloads and wish it was how it used to be? Well here's the steps to fix that.

1. Once you're in the downloads folder, Press alt v for view.

2. press your down arrow,, then tab 5 times, to get to group by...

3. Press enter, you will now be shown a list, press your down arrow until you hear none and press enter.

Shortcuts: when in the downloads window: press alt v then g to jump to group by...

I'm gone for real :)

2019-08-21 09:39:22

You don't know how to fixx input flyout pop up when you press alt+shift to change keyboard layout?
I rolled back to 803 from 903 cuz of this.

2019-08-21 09:49:58 (edited by Dark 2019-08-21 09:50:16)

Oddly enough, my lady got that problem in downloads but I didn't, I'm not sure why since I do have the latest update myself (I just double checked and windows is set to update).

I had to go trawling google to find a way of fixing the problem on my lady's machine, then was surprised when it was as easy as it was.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-21 12:13:38

Hello.

@SkyLord pressing alt shift works fine for me.

maybe you should try reinstalling the keyboards.

@jesseleivo, I just tried clasic shell and it didn't interfeer with my downloads folder.

If you can do it, i'd recommend reinstalling windows. It might sound like a lot for one thing but this is very important to access your menus.

I have an older version of the windows 10 updater, it's not a crack, it's legal, about a year ago I think? Microsoft said that if you have a screen reader you can upgrade to windows and i have the upgrade assistant.

Do you think you'll need it? If so, I can give it to you using a dropbox link.

2019-08-21 12:40:08

Well, did you already notice that configuring the Downloads folder to not group anything will last until the next reboot only? At least for me there is no way to save those changes permanently over the next reboot. I also don't get those keyboard issues mentioned above (just trying it right now).
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-08-21 14:16:57

hi all.
is  Windows 10 Insider (64-bit) build 17134.950 still supported? and when it stops being supported, do I have to upgrade manualy, or will it install the latest released build automaticly?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-08-21 15:49:44

jesseleivo wrote:

I am getting this also, but the file menus are pretty much inaccessible to me somehow so I can't change the view in the downloads folder. When I am in the downloads folder, and hit alt, NVDA says something like, show hidden items unavailable, translated from my language as I have a non english system. From there hitting arrows does nothing and enter doesn't give me any menu, and hitting space after alt gives me a similar menu to what one would get when pressing alt space on apps like notepad, and no file menus. When I had a old windows 7 laptop, hitting alt on any folder showed me the file menu, edit menu and a few others that could be switched around with left or right arrow but now, no menus at all. I am using Classic Shell, which has something called Classic Explorer, classic shell itself makes the start menu more like windows 7, and there's also something called classic explorer settings, so not sure if certain features of classic shell are screwing over the file menus. In other words, the file menus that the alt key are pretty much inaccessable to me now. If I hadn't learned the ctrl shift n keystroke to create new folders a few months ago, then i'd have no way of creating folders without sighted help. Idk how I could fix my explorer so the file menu would work correctly.

Hello,
Press windows+up arrow while in the downloads folder, then try pressing the alt key again. I had the same problem and it worked when I did that

2019-08-21 23:43:00 (edited by brad 2019-08-21 23:43:41)

Hi.

@jesseleivo, that's great! I'm glad that worked for you.

2019-08-22 03:45:53

@7, Yes, that version is still supported until November of 2019. You should normally just wait until the feature update is offered through Windows update, though if 1803 is reaching its end of support period and you still haven't received the update, you could always force it through the update assistant. @6, I've noticed that as well, though you can usually just click the name button and it should hopefully remain grouped by none.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-08-22 08:41:50

This might be deserving of a topic of its own, but ever since the last Windows 10 update and the skype update that came with it I can no longer freely navigate skype as if it is a web page or something.  I am forced to use tab to jump between tabs, contacts etc.  It does not bother me all that much, what is driving me mad is that I can no longer freely navigate, select, copy and paste certain parts of messages.  In fact, the only way I seem to be able to copy messages is to use NVDA + left-click to snap to the message and then right-click and copy.  However, whenever a message is short the cursor snaps to empty space and I can't right-click on the message and have to navigate to it with the mouse manually which is very frustrating.
Am I being an idiot? Is there an easier way of doing this?

2019-08-22 13:32:18

I am assuming you switched to the Skype built in to Windows 10, since that one is a universal app and you cannot navigate it like a web page. Either make sure you are using Skype for desktop, or for copying, you actually don't need to do it with the mouse commands, the applications key should work on a message, however if not if you tab once past it there should be a more options button, which when pressed should offer the ability to copy. Additionally, you can make it even easier for yourself by installing the speech history official addon for NVDA, which will offer the ability to copy anything spoken with the f12 key which can also be changed in the input gestures dialog. It also allows you to go through the history of spoken things with shift f11 and shift f12 and copy something older if needed.