2019-08-21 06:29:16

Hi, so I’m looking for some suggestions for games I can play on either windows or Mac.   Mainly adventure games,  Side scroller  that type of thing. As well as shooting games. My one  thing is, I want  games where I’m not killing any animals. I really don’t like doing that and games. Any suggestions you have would be great. Thank you

2019-08-21 09:43:57

Well you definitely wouldn't like Perilous Hearts then!

Try Rode to Rage or Technoshock with Locudus's sound mod (only animal is a robotic mosquito) for shooters, and run for your life, oh shit, Kringle Crash, Bloodshed Release the Pain, Scrolling Battles 9.6, The shooter concept demo, Crime Hunter, 2D Platformer, Deathmatch Project Alpha, or The Blood Rain for side scrollers.
Also try legacy as an adventure game, and maybe Sarah and the Castle of witchcraft and wizardry as well if you are comfortable with killing a giant magical snake monster (not graphic or actually required to beat the game) or making a cat sleep with a stunning spell.
Those are all the games I can think of that I'm sure don't have animal killing in them, that fit your genres.  You can grab most of those right from audiogames.net by looking under the games link or using the combo box on the front page, but you'll have to get The Blood Rain direct from ch-games.ru/en and Legacy from Right here
You can get the Technoshock mod from this link and you can get Shooter, Crime Hunter, 2D Platformer, and Scrolling Battles 9.6 (which is in the old games archive) from the "masonasons.me" website.

2019-08-21 14:34:02

Hmm, how about A Blind Legend?

2019-08-21 14:51:26

Super Liam also fits this bill, as there are dogs in the game but they're robot dogs.
Shades of Doom is a fairly primitive adventure/shooter hybrid, where all you really kill are demons.
Monkey Business? Anyone remind me if you actually kill animals in that game? It's been awhile.
I'd recommend A Hero's Call, as it's got great adventure potential (seriously, you will get lost), but there are a lot of animals in that game (wolves, bats, ravens) and if you opt not to kill them, it may be difficult to gain levels.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-21 15:19:20

Monkey Business? Well, you're not get to kill those monkeys, but still, you gotta catch them.

2019-08-21 15:49:39

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, much appreciated. Actually, I have tried a blind legend. There is animal killing in that one.

2019-08-22 04:25:48

Survive the wild

2019-08-23 10:11:02 (edited by defender 2019-08-23 10:15:33)

Don't be a jerk Zarvox, you know very well that STW has graphic animal killing in it, not cool man.

And yeah, ABL has a bear in that cave, that large bird that attacks you on the mountain after the Marauder, and that wild bore in the forest path to the demon, among others probably.
I wouldn't suggest Shades of Doom because you kill birds, dogs, and rats in that one.
AHC is also definitely out, not really sure why it or SOD were even mentioned at all to be honest...
I'm quite confident that GMA Tank Commander has no animal killing in it though, and I suppose that would be considered a shooter so maybe you should check it out.

2019-08-24 03:44:49

Zarvox, the first paragraph of the STw description literally mentions hunting for survival. I can't begin to imagine how a bit of research or even common sense might have allowed you to pass that one up. Unless you're simply trolling in which case I'd call it unnecessarily childish since OP is trusting the community to give him/her worthwhile suggestions. Come on.

2019-08-24 12:17:38

How about Alien Outback?

2019-08-24 12:33:50

You have to shoot the sheep in the bonus round, so no.

2019-08-25 01:24:01

Super Liam also has rats, and berds, and snakes.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-25 13:50:27

And bears...  Wait birds?  Where.

2019-08-25 17:49:56

rats in the sewers, birds as the ambiance, and snakes in the woods

2019-08-25 18:14:20

But they don't get hurt.

2019-08-26 07:31:08

Rats in the sewer, and you do kill those; admittedly they don't sound much like rats.
Bears in the woods, and snakes. You are supposed to jump the snakes, but if you step on them, you get hurt, so maybe that's okay? Bears definitely attack though.

I apologize. I forgot this when suggesting the game as viable. That wasn't an intent to troll. It was me forgetting that those things were bears and rats.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-26 10:49:43

It's really easy to forget for me too, I had to really think about it and even read the enemy section of the manual for a couple of them to make sure.
And yeah those rats totally don't sound like rats haha, but I love how they sound regardless.

2019-09-07 01:26:20

What about the gate? D

2019-09-07 01:54:21

There are bees in the gate. Possibly others I have missed too. You can play judgment day too I suppose.

2019-09-07 09:48:51

Bees, birds, and dog like creatures in The Gate.  Though the dog like creatures don't make wining sounds when they die or anything and the birds honestly sound pretty cartoonish with their ridiculous squawks and drop bombs as well LOL.
Yeah Judgement Day is fine, and so is World of War.