2019-08-20 20:18:10

It seemed worth coming back to AG.net to make this post.

It's still a bit of a work in progress, but I have a forum set up for anyone with a valid Kaldobsky gamer account.  When you log in on the Kaldobsky.com website, there is now a link called Forum, next to where you normally access your account or log yourself back out.  You will be asked to enter a nickname that will appear on the forum when you post.

I've had a small handful of people helping me test it and check for accessibility, and I think it's ready for more people to join in.

I don't intend to return to read/post replies on this AG.net thread, so please post any questions/comments inside the new forum.  Thank you.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2019-08-21 12:09:47

I don't like register but if you need dollar, just make this, so I cant try sorry

2019-08-22 09:42:06 (edited by zakc93 2019-08-22 09:43:49)

This is a nice little place, but unfortunately only available to people with gamer accounts at the moment. If you do have an account for swamp though (or any of aprone's other online games) I would recommend checking it out. And in case anyone was wondering, aprone said it wouldn't take any time away from your account to use it for this forum so no need to worry about that.

2019-08-22 12:11:19

Can I access it if my acount is out of time?

2019-08-22 13:21:36

You can tell Aprone that when I try and set my nick name I am thrown back to the main page withoput any error. My account is still valid

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-08-22 14:14:12

such a shame to who ever that aprone pissed off

2019-08-23 10:37:17

So it's only available to those who have gamer accounts, yet he'll only answer to those who post on said restricted forum...
Great.

I'm also not sure why this is happening now?  I could understand starting a new general audiogaming forum, but not one specifically for Aprone's online games.  Swamp never got it's promised update so the influx of new players fizzled out for the most part within a couple months, castaways2 is dead, and no other large projects like the planned Swamp Rewrite have come to fruition, so I'm not really sure what there is to talk about?  It's not like Questions directed towards Aprone about Swamp for instance, unless emergency stuff, were being answered here anyway, so I don't see how that's gonna change just because it's on a different website.

Ideally of course, this will result in more experimental games which may turn into something, with easy access to already vetted testers, and more player feedback will be answered, but I'm not all that confident.
I guess we'll just have to see if my cynicism is founded or not.

2019-08-23 14:17:17

It seems to be a general forum where you can talk about anything. There's just two areas where you can post any topic you like. The two areas are a tavern in which you are supposed to make an effort to be civil, and the street, where you should accept that to an extent, shit happens. At the moment Aprone is only allowing account holders to register in an effort to limit undesirables without having to do much admin. Seems he's open to the idea of branching out though. It remains to be seen whether it'll take off as a forum, or just be a place to ask game-related questions, or whether it'll prove to be too much hassle altogether.

2019-08-23 15:16:15

Well, I won't pay that much only to play an almost dead Swamp and to access the forum. I like Aprone as a person, he has good points of view, but this is too much for me.

2019-08-24 02:29:38 (edited by cj89 2019-08-24 02:34:05)

Can I ask why Aprone doesn't post here anymore? Or if there's a topic that explains all this? Hopefully something can come of that forum. update: I didn't even think to look at his last posts so yeah answered my own question.

2019-08-24 02:30:00

Am I required to pay to use this forum?

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-08-24 12:47:33

hey guys.
i would just like to let you all know that aprone made a change so you now can enter his forum even if your account is out of time.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-08-24 22:39:04

He should check this topic so people can ask questions. And what does he mean, "Undesirables"? I mean, he has a forum called, "street". Can't the miscreants go in the street forum? This was badly done and the fact you have to pay, I highly dout that it will take off.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-24 22:53:55 (edited by flackers 2019-08-24 22:54:25)

Undesirables was my word not his. I think he was thinking of the sorts of people who aren't there to contribute anything of use, like spammers and the sorts of blatant trolls who get banned then immediately open a new account and carry on causing trouble for the sake of it.

2019-08-25 14:01:07 (edited by defender 2019-08-25 14:02:34)

LOL I like the tavern and street thing though I gotta say.
And in a way, the fact that someone needs to set up a forum that only lets paid users in just to avoid stupidity in this community is pretty telling...

2019-08-26 13:30:39

Well, I have enough in the AG forum, don't have the time to check multiple forums all the time, so I'll pass but keep checking this forum...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen