2019-08-20 18:48:22

Hello.
How do I connect an xBox 360 controller to windows 10? The controller is wireless, I got a receiver. The receiver has no buttons on it, it looks like an USB stick. I turn the power switch which is on the lower side of the controller to the right, plug the receiver in a USB port and then I don't know what to do. Where is the connect button on the controller? The instructions say that I need to press something on the receiver, but the receiver has no buttons. It is warmer, which means that it's working.
I also have an USB cable which can be connected to the pc and the other end goes to the controller, but nothing happens upon connecting the USB port. So, how do I get started with it?

2019-08-20 22:10:37

Well usually you connect and it does.
If it doesn't.
1.  use windows key and i and do a check for updates, maybe there are hardware drivers that will then install.
If not go to device manager in search or control panel and see if there are any strange devices that need updating, right click them and update their drivers automatically.
If this doesn't work, pull everything else out controler wize and get and install the microsoft mouse and keyboard centre, plug things back in and see.
Go to the place where you get the instructions to connect it may have extra software to install, once that is installed it works.
For me, I had a wired ms keyboard and while it did install with generic drivers, I needed the formentioned software to get it to work.

2019-08-21 16:07:31

Nothing of it really worked. Is there some way to test does the controller work before launching any game, such as some app to test does the connection work?