2019-08-20 10:22:44

So I have a question, how to make a save in crazy party so when the new version gets released you have your unlocked mini games and arenas and everything in the new version? also, I can't see the central server today but I have been beable to connect to the central server yesterday.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-08-20 10:37:50

Just copy your savefile to the folder with a new version, lol.

2019-08-20 11:01:24

The save.bin file?

2019-08-20 11:22:27 (edited by Chris 2019-08-20 11:30:09)

Copy the save.bin file from the folder containing the old version to the one with the new version. Also make sure to copy the deck folder if you play the battle mode and want to keep your decks.

The central server is currently down. If you want to play, you may use my server. It must be accessed using the private server option. Type christopherw.me into the address box and use 2500 for the port. You'll need to give this info to anyone you want to play with. The server is available almost all the time. The only reason it might go down is if the program crashes, the VPS crashes, or I'm rebooting everything. However, that happens very rarely, so you should be fine. Linode rocks!

If Pragma wants a backup server in the public list, I don't mind if mine is used. It's available 99.99% of the time, and serves as an alternative option that might help lessen the load on the main server if necessary. Since it's based in the United States, there's also less latency if all players connect from the U.S. Less latency benefits everyone!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-08-20 11:27:34

All your progress in the  game EG what worlds, minigames, gyms etc you have unlocked is contained in the file save.bin, so long as you have a copy of that file you will be fine. Similarly, any decks you make are just text files saved in your decks folder.

When crazy party gets updated, the new installation will contain the game exe file plus some game data files, but it won't contain a copy of the save.bin file or any new deck files, since these get created as you start playing the game, so to update, just unzip the contents of the new installation directly ontop of your old one, and when your asked to replace the files go ahead, and you'll have the latest version with all your save files.

I would however recommend backing up the save.bin file just in case, indeed you can even copy the save.bin file onto other machines if you want  to continue your game in more than one place (I've had mine on three machines so far). Ditto with any decks you create.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-20 11:34:09

I agree with Dark. Backing up your save.bin file and the deck folder is always a good idea. You avoid the possibility of data corruption, and you never know when your hard drive or computer might fail. Having to start all over in Crazy Party is a major pain.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-08-20 14:35:17

Yeah, @chris, i know that because I have experienced that the starting over and playing all things again is very boring. And thank you, i already use your server. i know you have it so I have used it when the central server is down.

2019-08-20 16:02:30

Crazy party stores its save data in a file in the directory called save.bin. Copy this to the new directory, or better yet, extract the new version to the folder with your old insilation, and choose to replace the files, you will have your save, decks, and mini games lists, and you never had to copy anything, just extract.
HTH.