2019-08-18 12:03:47

Hi, I'm stuck on a certain part of shadow rine. I now have the fourth character in my party and have talked to the king again, but now I don't know what to do or where to go. It said something about the back gate of the city, but that just brought me out to the south part of the lake. What to do in this part?
Thx in advance.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-08-18 15:13:11

Go  in a sort of a curve from the north side of the city.  You need to go to the forest of winds

2019-08-18 20:21:28 (edited by stewie 2019-08-18 20:21:58)

The back gate is the northern gate and the front gate is the southern gate for some reason. Go straight north from the back gate past the screen with the save point and you  should be able to find your way from there.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-19 08:41:17

can some give me a play true of that game?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-19 10:57:47

Ah, thanks for that. I have no idea why I didn't see that exit in the first place, i asumed you had to go back to the seal.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-08-19 13:00:11

Admittedly, that map is a touch confusing if you're not looking too hard. I got hung up briefly there too.
The reason that's the back gate is because the other one fronts on the plains, while this one fronts on the forest, which is basically a dead end.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-30 14:03:03

@4:
I just saw this topic. I know Assault did a playthrough, but I don't believe he ever finished the game. I could probably try to do a playthrough, I've been considering playing again. I've only beaten the game once but for what it was, I liked it. I didn't even get half the unlockable stuff apparently... I'm not even sure if it's possible to 100 percent the game on your first playthrough? Think I only got 84 which amazed me. I felt like I got everything. That included the bonus 40 floor dungeon too.

2019-08-30 23:39:18

40 floor dungeon? OK, I'm gunna try the full voice version again! I've just managed to beat the original version on hard, which is actually not that confusing. Maybe I should try impossible next... The full voice, however, I allways get stuck trying to navigate the royal pallace. I also normally have problems figuring out the switches in the dragon shrine, in the original version it was just levers. In the full voice, there are like 4 switches, and if you step on the wrong one you can't open the door, or that's what I remember. I obviously did it once, since I was able to get to the royal pallace and eventually the forest of wind. Also, a bit off topic, does the full voice version have multiple endings like the original version? I beat the original once on normal, then again on hard and on hard I got a different ending than when I beat it on normal.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2019-08-31 07:25:38

is their a different ending for each difficulty?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-08-31 12:27:31

That's what it seems like, and I heard on this forum that each character has a different ending. Also, regarding post 4 (the person asking about a playthrough of the game), I can make one. I can't record both my voice and the game, unless I learn how to do that using Audacity and buy a microphone. Still want me to make one?

2019-08-31 14:02:59

So, I'm pretty sure the difficulty does not unlock endings. I'm pretty sure there's a "bad ending", which is if everyone in your party dislikes you or at least is not friendly to you. And then there's a good ending for each character. I could be mistaken, but this was my understanding.

Also, I don't know of any forty-floor dungeon. Do you mean the one with the fencer, where you have to play on normal or higher and be a certain level before the quest unlocks? The cave in the south of Coreshia?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-31 14:21:18

I mean the 40 floor dungeon mentioned in post 7. Also, I've allready started making the playthrough of the game. I finished the first part, but I think I'm gunna wait until I finish the game to upload so I can just zip it into one big file.

2019-08-31 14:57:59

I only bin able to unlock the good ending. How do I have everyone dislike me?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-08-31 18:04:44

You have conversations where you can choose what to say next. One is positive, and one is negative. Some cases you will have choices that focus on a specific character.

#11, yes, I believe that is the dungeon he's talking about.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-08-31 21:11:54

@11
Yep, the Fencer one was the one I was talking about. I believe it's 40 floors? It's been a long time so I could be like... way off. I'm not completely sure what level you have to be to unlock it, either. I just remember playing the game so much, exploring every single thing I could. I think in the end I got over 30 hours of playtime lol.

2019-09-01 22:17:21

I've just finished recording parts 2 and 3 of the playthrough, and am now wondering about something. There is a cave ware you can get a Defense Glass accessed by going north after leaving the forest. Is it true that there's something similar to that in or near the volcano or the lake?

2019-09-10 14:09:07

Okay I'm going back through this game after my pc crashed.
I got to the wind forrest the last time I played, but I can't remember where to find Rin so he can talk to the king.
I seem to remember him arguing with someone in town, but I can't remember where that is.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Later!

2019-09-25 01:07:27

@17 You can find Ren by going north of the throne room until you reach the north gate, then turning west. On the map you arive in after going west, go southeast or southwest until you find another map. If your footsteps change, you're going the rite direction. Look for an entrance to a map on the southeast side of the room, and the person you need to talk to to activate the scene is someware in that area.
Also, I finally finished recording the playthrough of the game. Their are some parts I had to cut out, like some of the Forest Of Wind because I kept getting lost. So, as you're listening to it, you'll hear the sounds and music then it will quickly skip to another part. The playthrough goes through the main game only, I didn't do any of the post game. I let the game read the story, accept for what comes befor the final battle. I was very short on time then, and wanted to get it done. Also for anyone who doesn't want to hear the ending, it's their so stop the recording after the final fight with the boss. Now, for the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5g2nnrtged8a … h.zip?dl=0
It's zipped up and sepparated into different parts. Here's the list of what each part is.
Part 1: stopps when Lillia joins you in the ruins.
Part 2: finishing the ruins and going into a certain cave for an item.
Part 3: finishing that cave, getting to the temple and starting the dragon shrine.
Part 4: finishing the dragon shrine.
Part 5: returning to the temple and finding some bonus items in the volcano.
Part 6: beginning the lake.
Part 7: finishing the Forest of Wind (this one was long).
Part 8: the battle with the, um, surpent or whatever that thing is, the game says it's a creature that summons anacondas from the forest.
Part 9: the final dungeon ルドルフィア. Note: I lost against the black surpent like 3 times, so after losing the last time I just stopped the recording.
Part 10: the final battle (man, he was hard like he normally is). Since I can't record my voice, I will write some strategies below on how to beat each of the bosses for people who are stuck on them.
Captain Bat (first boss). He's fast, but only hits for 1 damage. Stay away from the pits, and attack him. Their are recovery items in the place, so you can grab them if needed.
Dark Garasu (Dragon Shrine, second boss). I know I didn't spell the name right, I'm trying to spell it the way the Japanese voice says it. Either way, this guy can be hard. He uses fire attacks, wich will move across the screen and hit you unless you move out of the way. Since you have Alleena, use her high speed and decent attack to your advantage. Their are no pits, but the dragon's attacks do more damage. Pound him, and if you can, get behind him. This way, you can hit him while his fire attack goes away from you.
デュラハン (forest of wind boss). If you have Ren with you, this fight is very easy. He doesn't hit hard, their are no pits and Ren does good damage to him. You can't hit Ren, so find him and button mash until he goes down.
Surpent (lake boss). He's slow, but hits very, very hard. Rulai's ranged attacks or Alleena work well, or your main character if you're good at dodging. He also has a lot of HP. When he growles, take a few steps away to avoid him, and go back to do some more damage to the boss. As with the other bosses, recovery items are their.
Final boss ルドルフ (form 1). He's fast, but doesn't hit very hard. He'll also sometimes stop moving. If he does this, pound him then get away. He's pretty similar to Captain Bat.
Final boss ルドルフ (form 2). This giant thing took me 42 or 43 hits to kill. He also took off 10 percent of my HP per hit. After he attacks, move around him so he'll keep missing and pound the attack button until he goes down. Main character or Alleena recommended here.
Final boss ルドルフ (form 3). Exactly the same thing as the dragon accept he's got more HP and does more damage. He only hit me for 3 percent, so use what you want to beat him. Take note of the lava pits, though.
Final boss ルドルフ (last form.) When you hit him, he'll block your attacks with a sword. Whenever he starts to charge hit him once and move away. If you hit him and he says (heeya!) I think that's a counterattack, it took off 10 percent. All his other attacks are ranged. He'll say something like "huh!" Or " くらえぇ!" then you'll hear a vibrating sound. Move away from that and he'll miss. Keep this up, and he'll die. Oh, and obviously the recovery items are their. Though his ranged attacks are easy to avoid, the counterattack really, really hurts.