2019-08-06 22:16:01 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-08-07 02:30:46)

I first wanted to write this list for fun. But, it isn’t exactly humorous unfortunately.   This was more aimed towards admins of audio games,  but I guess it  Could  Apply in   many different cases. Still though, I feel that it does raise a few legitimate points.  I welcome any criticisms of the following points. 

Thou shall  do their best to  judge all matters fairly and without bias.

Thou shall not visit a punishment on another without provocation.

Thou shall recruit admins based on their merits instead of personal feelings.

Thou shall not abuse any powers given to them.

Thou shall not look down on other players just because they hold the power.

Thou shall not, When involved in any sort of conflict or dispute between two or more parties, and more closely affiliated with one side than another, immediately take this side. The opposite is also true. An admin shall not proceed to punish the other side because they have a personal grievance against them.

Thou shall not bee an asshole to players because of admin status. Differs from command four, in that, looking down upon others is possessing an attitude, where beeing an asshole to another player because of your status, is doing something. Both are bad, One serving to promote the other, so thou Shall not do either of these things.

Thou shall look into all reports given to them, and take any actions accordingly.

Thou shall take necessary action when for what ever reason, a player is some how put at risk, especially when this is because of another individual.

Thou shall not while taking any sort of action, discriminate against a Player because they belong to a specific demographic of any kind.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-08-07 00:30:05

I'd like to point out that the first commandment is impossible to obey. You cannot judge something completely without bias; there will always be bias in there. What you can do though is remove as much bias as possible; i.e.: attempt to act like a neutral third-party, unaffiliated with the matter at hand.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-07 00:43:39 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-08-07 01:32:12)

Yeah, I don’t really like the look of that one either.  I edited the first to say shall do their best. I thought about the very same thing earlier today, but was too preoccupied with getting the rest of this written and doing other things to think about it. Edit, what the hell was that statement? I ment, give it more thought.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-08-07 03:03:26

do what I say
do what I say
do what I say
do what I say
do what I say
do what I say
do what I say
do what I say
do what I say
do what I say

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-07 03:54:02 (edited by Zarvox 2019-08-07 03:59:58)

these are common snese. And they are not for admins, they are basic human decency and respect. Perhaps you should rename the topic. But I like that you have posted this list, everyone needs a reminder because although it is common sense many games do not apply these rules to their admin system, which I understand is the exact reason for this topic.

2019-08-07 03:56:14

zarvox is correct, accept that sometimes admins don't follow these rules.

2019-08-07 05:01:57

I am aware of all that.   But people don’t seem to apply these things enough wile considering an administrator for something, and I was board. I think people do need a reminder.  A lot of the specific ones were inspired by things I’ve seen happen in the past on audio games.

2019-08-07 07:04:01 (edited by defender 2019-08-07 07:05:23)

Yeah a crap ton of these are too alike, and abuse of power is kinda subjective.  Players have all sorts of opinions on what exactly that means, which often go right out the door within a week of becoming admin them selves.
Equally, without rules to govern players by, or a present head admin/dev to help settle bigger issues, it's hard to blame admins who have everything on their shoulders or have their hands tied while players use them as a punching bag.
These guidelines are also just too broad to fit into all games, and simpler is almost always better with this kind of thing, where as I see some padding to get to 10.

2019-08-07 08:24:11

Yes! George Carlin says it is a padded list, this is the same!

2019-08-07 11:34:38 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-08-07 11:35:42)

I’m probably going to Redraft a lot of these.  A few are probably going to be replaced.  This was not meant to be a perfect set of guidelines, nor, anything official. I just wanted to see if I could do it, and change things over time as suggestions came in.

2019-08-07 13:05:42

Moderation:
Moved this to the off topic room.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-07 13:24:28

The difference between a good admin, and a bad admin, is simply this:
A bad admin will check he is doing all of those things.
A good admin will know he is by the compliments of his players.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-08-07 14:59:27

Yup, nathan is absolutely correct.

2019-08-07 15:49:05

Thumbs up post 12

2019-08-07 15:56:29

I disagree.

The difference between a good admin and a bad admin is largely a willingness to listen.

No one is wholly without bias, and no one is perfect. We will sometimes make mistakes, act harshly, act too quickly, act without consideration. The good admin sees this, accepts it and tries to do better next time. The bad admin either sees it and doesn't care, or tries to justify it at most turns.

Generally, however, it all boils down to how you use the power you have, and how you feel about it. I think a lot can be said of a person by the way they treat those over whom they have power.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-07 16:13:58

I'd thumb you up for that Jayde, except it's you who're writing it. It's about as hipocritical as a mass murderer proclaiming thou shalt not kill. I mean, he's correct, you should not kill, but the irony is still hilarious.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-08-07 19:20:26

The only worthwhile response to that last message is lol

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-07 19:51:32

I have seen everyone of these broken, all in one place.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all