2019-08-06 04:18:17

I'm putting my castaways houses further out than my other buildings thinking they get a lot less traffic than the other buildings.  Does this make sense?

2019-08-06 21:03:36

Houses aren't actually used by the NPC's, they only increase population count so doesn't matter where you put them. The only issue might be enemies that burn them down, but all that'll do is prevent you from making more babies until you fill the quota for houses required again, it's not like if a house goes down they'll all start dying.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-08-07 03:41:01

Thanks.  What about things that don't need supplies to function like farms and mines.  I never hear any messages saying a peasant has brought something to the storehouse.  Do produced goods just teleport there?  And if so, can I put my farms and mines out on the fringes of my settlement?

2019-08-07 13:11:46

I don't remember if the storehouse location affects delivery times, but I want to think it does? I have a save file for mission5 where I have two storehouses and two taverns, which I think I did to increase construction speeds.
But that doesn't answer your question, since you're asking about things going to the storehouse, not from. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-08-07 16:05:52

Here's how it works:
1: miners mine ore.
2: peasants take the ore to storehouse. (or to foundry directly if it has room? not sure on that)
3: peasants transport goods to fill up other buildings, hospitals, taverns, etc while the workers are working / just sleeping on the jobs if they have nothing to do.
So well, if you have a big settlement, you should probably build a storehouse on the other side of it too.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.