2019-08-05 04:43:57

I got stuck with my doctor doing nothing even though there were two patients.  And my weavers were working as peasants despite a huge pile of furs in the storehouse.   The doctors had no cloth and the weavers no fur.   I designated 12 out of 24 of my people to be people to be peasants and it didn't help.  They did some side chores for the 10 healthy people I had working but spent most of their time delivering wheat to the the mill and grinding flour, despite the fact that I had a great quantity of flour that my 1 baker couldn't keep up with and a huge amount of bread.  After a long time I ran out of wheat in my storehouse and they started making the deliveries I wanted them to make.  They filled up the hospital with cloth and the textile with furs and I was back in business.

This is my first game and I'm playing in sandbox mode.  It prolonged me getting supplies to build my ship for quite a significant time.  It would have been a real problem in a real game.  Any idea what the problem was?

It wasn't distance - they were delivering ore to my forge which was further from my storehouse than either my textile or hospital.  There's no way to direct/prioritize the peasants, is there?  Shouldn't they just do a little of everything all the time?  I noticed when I first build the forge the metallurgist mined a few ore while waiting for peasants to bring him ore... but that was nothing like this and my hospital wasn't new and my textile sat for a very long time without getting materials from peasants until I ran out of wheat.  I even assigned 2 weavers thinking they should be smart enough to get what was needed but they just grabbed wheat and made flour I didn't need like the other peasants.

2019-08-05 12:09:02

Maybe you have too much wheat? Could closing the wheat farm had helped? I kinda wish there were saves from the middle of this situation so we could test this.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.