2019-08-04 22:19:31

Hi guys. so I tried running TDV, and instead of it running, it generated a log, and it exited. Here is the log
Error log, created with build version 2.23.0.3664:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238
Error Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238
so what does this mean. do I have a bad version or something. Help would be appriciated.

2019-08-05 00:02:42

Looks like you're running an old version, perhaps with upgraded BPCSharedComponent.dll and this is why it is crashing. You need TDV 2.31.

2020-02-03 20:02:03

Hello,
Try downloading and running the direct x web setup.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page