2019-08-04 18:19:08

Hello all,

I'm a huge fan of superheroes and before I lost what little sight I had, I was a huge fan of Superhero RPG games like city of Heroes, Dc Universe Online, and Champions online.

I'm wondering if you guys know of any accessable superhero RPGs other than Twilight heroes and interactive fiction games.

I'm looking for browser, windows, or IOs games.

I've tried Twilight heroes and it isn't really what I'm looking for and although I like interactive fiction and want to get the "Hero Project" games from choiceofgames and similar stuff,  I don't want interactive fiction. I'd like something where I could play a hero or villain (but I'd settle if only heroes were available) in a world where I could level up, get new powers and do stuff in a world rather than just a short preset story.

I know things like City of Heroes and DC Universe Online won't be available or anything, but I want something, and Yes, if anyone knows of some good ACTIVE muds, I'd be interested.

2019-08-04 21:18:00

I know some for android, not windows, web, or IOS though. Sorry.

2019-08-04 23:14:30

I used to play herozero too, but then it had some weird updates and I couldn't play it anymore.

2019-08-05 00:54:01

Oh damn, was going to suggest hero zero. Shame it became unplayable.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-08-05 02:18:14

What are the superhero RPG's for android?

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-08-05 14:16:49

regarding herozero, it was mostly playable except for some inventory management  for quite some time, but then after an update, it became completely unresponsive to voiceover. The broser portion was always unusable.

2019-08-05 15:24:47 (edited by Dark 2019-08-05 15:25:49)

I'll admit I'm emphatically not! a superhero fan, but I'll have a think.

The only superhero themed games I know tend to be text based, twilight heroes as a browser game, the several from choiceofgames such as hero's rise trilogy, and several traditional parser based if games like the Earth and sky trilogy by paul Obrian, or the interactive commic futureboy.

There was captain dynamite and the fallen hero, an attempt at a rhythm action game where you played as two super heroes, but there was only ever a short demo released, and while the music and acting were very cool, the gameplay was a bit over easy.
I believe there was also some sort of short interactive audio drama thingy for Ios where you played as a blind superhero, but what happened to it I'm not exactly sure.

Sorry that's all that occurs to me at the second.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-05 15:28:40 (edited by bookrage 2019-08-05 15:36:30)

eI've got nothing against interactive fiction, and actually really like it, but looking for other stuff. That said, I'm going to redownload Herozero and see if it is playable. Recently, traveler's quest, which I had to stop playing for a long time due to accessibility issues fixed itself too.

Update: Herozero is still unusable.

2019-08-05 15:41:11 (edited by Dark 2019-08-05 19:32:18)

I couldn't get travellers quest to work. Whenever I put in a username and password, I always was told "couldn't connect to server" even though the game apparently is available in the UK.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-05 15:51:20

weird, I'm in the US but for a while I wasn't able to use the treasure map to dig up things. You have to have it set a specific way to make it work that you can find on Applevis that I can't remember.

I've been doing some google searches and I've been coming up empty.

2019-08-05 19:32:40

Never went that far for me, I couldn't even create a new account for the game. A shame since the idea sounded interesting.