2019-08-10 19:18:13

@149
By way of a response to your description of the barrier cue, I know you said about sticking to walls etc to avoid them.  Is there a certain side we should stick to in order to optimally avoid them, or does it not matter?

Also, after a number of trials and tribulations, I've been progressing with missions and grinding credits via difficulty, as well as, seemingly, getting my head round boosting vs drifting in terms of optimal usage.  Think that's partially due to the turn sfx you added.  Great work on that by the way.

My final question for now, though it's not an urgent tweak: could you add a little more description of each of the other character's avatars?  I know our protagonist has their avatar described briefly in the opening mission or so, but none of the other characters, where the opportunity is there, receive such additional description.  I just think it might assist in a little character development as well maybe, though admittedly I've not played through much more of the story either so I might be missing something there.

Once again and this likely won't be the final time I say this, keep up all the great work when you return from your well-deserved weekend off from coding.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-08-10 20:56:19

So now we wait. more bots missions. These are going to be fun once there's a clear indicator for where they are on the track. I have to ram into 7 of them. This game is almost fully accessible now! super awesome. I also wanna point out that I completed some missions using the audio cues 2 mode. definitely turn off confirmation cues if you guys wish to try it. It's a super fun mode! although it does tend to get insane after a while hahaha. it all depends on the track and its bpm. some faster tracks are harder to react to due to the way the mode works. it's definitely a new way to play the game though. I think I'm going to find myself switching back and forth between the two modes depending on the tracks difficulty.

2019-08-11 07:36:29

One suggestion that I got from @goldfingas was to be able to raise and lower the volume of the different instruments in addition to move the panning.  Not sure why you'd want this, but their it is.  The other suggestion I got from another friend of mine was to have a quick tone play for max power instead of having speech read it, maybe as a toggle in options.

2019-08-11 07:39:14

Sightless, it doesn't matter where you go, just try and stick to the walls.  Has anyone heard the hit sound for barriers?  I haven't yet.  I've been trying audio cues 2 as well, and really like it.  Check out the steam workshop as well for the game, their are at least 7 other tracks to download to your game.

2019-08-11 11:51:53

hay there! is there a way to delete the progress? I wanna start from begining again. I try to go to the steam directry and steam apps then commen, then sequence storm. I delete the save folder but still I can't start from the begining. I hope you all guys can answer my question. thanks

2019-08-11 12:49:33

@154
Thanks very much for the clarification and the recommendation to download additional tracks from the Steam workshop, I've figured out how to do it and have all the content available so far from what I can see.  Now to await the level editor becoming accessible eventually, maybe.

@155
There's a file called Progress.sav that stores your progress, don't know the exact location myself.  Why do you want to start from the beginning though?  If you want to replay story scenes as well, just hit F5 on the mission at the select screen.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2019-08-11 13:23:48

so what>every the confirmation queues are they what we hear when we press a correct key? also, can someone record audio queues mode 2? confused how differs.

2019-08-11 13:50:58

just bought the full game after playing the demo for a couple of hours. Loving the game so far

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2019-08-11 14:26:15

Hi,
I'm really enjoying this game. Thanks to the developer for making it accessible, it's so much fun!
I have a problem though. I'm in the first level which has barriers. And I can't get around them for the life of me! I read the recommendation to stick to walls, but I think you get damaged as well when you hit a wall, so that seems like a bad idea to me, especially because I'm losing speed that way too.
So, any hints on how to deal with these barriers? The autopilot doesn't seem to help there either, so I have to do it manually. I just don't know how.
And by the way, I can't hear any sound either when colliding with such a barrier.
Thanks for helping
Tikki

2019-08-11 15:26:33 (edited by stewie 2019-08-11 15:38:31)

How did people here get past the antiviral mission? The rapid line/scratch notes at the end are so close together that I can't process in time which side comes first. I've literally been trying this for the last hour

(edit)I finally got it, my brain is slowly adjusting to the timing(/edit)

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-11 16:41:53

how can people not hear the barrier sounds? it makes a loud boinging sound when you smash into it, and you hear your rig decelerate. hahaha

2019-08-11 17:11:40

@160
I'm stuck on precisely the same mission.  I've turned the rhythm controls down to 4 because of precisely the same issue you had and unfortunately that doesn't help because the rigs keep swarming me towards the end, meaning that I lose all my health regardless.  Any tips you have to pass this mission would be much appreciated.

@161
I've been able to hear the collision sound since I started playing and hitting barriers, so I'm in the same position as yourself.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2019-08-11 17:35:31

I was curious to see what the experience would be like to use NVDA with the clipboard narration mode and I actually liked it. Here is the program for anyone who is interested. Clipboard readers definitely already exist, but I just made my own in a few minutes since I didn't have one. Just check the clipboard narration box in the accessibility settings of Sequence Storm, and launch this program. It will monitor the clipboard and read whatever gets copied to it. Use the number row to review the last ten messages spoken for the cases when speech gets cut off. Use space to open the Voice Options menu which I strongly recommend so you can set the speech delay for NVDA. The game feels a lot snappier when you are using a more responsive voice.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-08-11 17:38:42

if people are being rammed by rival rigs, then it means you aren't far enough ahead. if you're in first and they're all far behind, they'll never catch up. just try boosting and get ahead as quickly as possible.

2019-08-11 18:01:24 (edited by stewie 2019-08-11 18:02:16)

@162
I think my build was something like 2 health, 2 acceleration, 2 cornering with the numbing module at level 3. Use hyper drift a lot and only in either the first or second pattern after each filter hits you. for the first filter it's better to wait for the second pattern because the first pattern is only 2 notes long. After that you can pretty consistently use hyper drift after each filter, maybe saving up one for a while. Towards the middle there's a section with a long note pattern repeated twice, use that to heal. When you get to the first kind of confusing pattern with a lot of column 3 notes and lines, just boost through it. That gave me enough speed to attempt the line patterns over and over until I got it.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-11 23:21:23

Has anyone finished the game yet?  I'm wondering fi it's fully accessible yet or fi I should wait on buying until it does.

2019-08-11 23:26:57

I believe the only thing that is missing is the level editor and the holds.  Other than that, in my opinion it's fully playable.

2019-08-12 00:01:28

@165
I appreciate the tips, but I don't have enough stat points to run that build, nor enough credits to upgrade my numbing module to level 3 yet, I'd only have enough to do one of the above and that'll still take a few more missions of grinding I think even now.  I thought the upgrades would be cheaper than stats at least, but turns out they're definitely not.  I think that's all this game needs, a few tweaks to point and upgrade prices (of course as well as the accessibility additions).

Also, I'm not a fan of having to reduce rhythm controls to 4 just to not have simultaneous notes completely removed from the equation, I still want a challenge, but not one that involves simultaneous notes that make me the audio equivalent of cross-eyed trying to squint to see what notes are actually coming down the track...  If we could have simultaneous notes and simultaneous scratches options, that would make everything fine (in the sense that you can still have it as it currently stands if you so wish, but if you want to still use all 9 notes and not have to worry about simultaneous notes on one particular column or all of them, you can avoid that as well).

I have been playing the same mission for a while and yet it still flummoxes me.  I suppose I'll just have to keep grinding credits on other missions if that's even possible to get upgrades and stat points.  At least I have the shield damage module, but that in itself might need an upgrade and I haven't been able to work out how useful it is yet.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2019-08-12 01:02:42

@168
This only works in some cases, but you can practice certain tracks in the arcade with the same notes that are used in the story mode. You just have to select the correct difficulty. For several missions in the game after Antiviral, I chose to take this approach. I didn't see any other way besides learning the notes before attempting the mission in the story mode because some of the tracks get very intense. It also allows me to focus on other obstacles and objectives I have to complete if I'm comfortable with the notes. I used to feel that there needed to be a lot more opportunities to purchase stat points in the game, but at this point I really don't think you need as many as I once believed. I think it comes to finding the strategy that helps you enjoy the experience more.

2019-08-12 01:32:00

@168 I think I actually had 1 less stat point than that, I may have had cornering at 1. I have done some missions on higher difficulty for more credits though.

2019-08-12 04:01:35

yeah. i already delete that file but instead it display new game and all my previus progress still there. the reason i want to start from the begining is because I wanna try to use my credit as good at possible. I can't manage it. Now I unlocked the flame track. not enough credit to buy stat points to upgrade the stats

2019-08-12 04:04:25

Sightless. Why do you believe this game needs any credit tweaking at all? Just replay some missions and try for higher scores, and/or bonus completions.

2019-08-12 04:13:26

I'm very curious what the last mission in the game happens to be. I finished a mission that advanced the main story, but nothing else has been unlocked as far as I can tell. The scene after the mission was somewhat ambiguous as far as the future goes, but part of me thinks it could have possibly been the last one. I'm just not sure because there are a couple missions that haven't been completed for accessibility reasons, but they were just branches off the main path.

2019-08-12 04:17:20 (edited by special magic games 2019-08-12 04:19:35)

The name of the very last mission is.

spoiler.
spoiler.

b
e
a
t
t
h
e
r
e
a
p
e
r

2019-08-12 07:20:19

@171 you can play missions on higher difficulties to earn more credits. Also if you get a medal below gold, getting higher medals will get you the credits you missed. For example if you had a mission with 100 credits total and got 20 credits for the bronze, getting the gold medal would give you the remaining 80 credits for example.