2019-08-07 21:18:38

Glad you decided to pick it up @75!  I also wish you could get some credits in arcade  mode, or I wonder how hard it'd be to race with steam friends?  I also want to take a look at achievements, start seeing if I can unlock any of them.

2019-08-07 21:34:51

I'd love to pick up the game if it wasn't on steam, any news of alternative distribution methods on more accessible platforms?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-07 21:45:58

Hey all is  steering what is broken for us at the moment in the current build? I don’t understand why and how we should be steering. What are we steering around?

2019-08-07 22:40:25

Hello.  I can post now.  Thank you.  I'm sorry that I haven't had enough time to respond to all of the feedback that I've gotten.

I should clarify that there are no holds in the audible versions of the game.  I still haven't figured out how that might work.

Also, just so you know, the game is going to go on sale soon.

2019-08-07 23:18:00

Have the charts changed in the newer version for arcade mode? I'm finding the timing is way more strict and a bunch of the patterns are different. I'm using Audio Cues 1.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-08 00:37:33

For anyone who doesn't already know this, just a quick PSA. You can in fact build up a small stockpile of credits by completing already completed tracks on higher difficulties. There's no way to grind... but the spare change helps with upgrades and the like.
@dark, Steam really isn't that bad now... I'd honestly say just give it a shot, and if you have questions plenty of us are around who can help.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-08 02:15:13

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
@special magic games Welcome, and glad you can finally post! I'm having a lot of trouble with Virtual Insanity. I can't seem to finish within the time limit. Do you have any tips?

2019-08-08 02:49:43

The new sounds for streams and the autopilot feature are incredibly helpful. I can't figure out how to get the bonus objective for welcome to Daemon Space though, since I think the autopilot is still colliding with other vehicles or the edges of the track and there's still no way to know where the other cars are before boosting or how close to the edge of the track you are.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-08 03:00:43

I haven't gotten as far as Virtual Insanity as far as evaluating how it works in the audio modes.

In welcome to daemon space, the rivals behave differently in that they actually purposefully try to ram into you, so you do need to manually steer around them. I think this objective might be very tricky to do by ear.

2019-08-08 03:15:28

I have seen references to a "clipboard" method of narration, but I can't find any good resources for learning how this works.  Can somebody help me?

2019-08-08 03:21:48

Clipboard narration is literally just sending the game's text to the clipboard. There are certain programs that will let screen readers automatically read the content of the clipboard when it changes.

2019-08-08 03:39:32

I didn't have any issues with Welcome to Daemon Space. Got gold on normal and challenge modes. What is a little problematic is bonus objectives for some of these missions, as there's no way to tell where rivals are in relation to your rig. I'm also having issues obtaining high accuracy. it's always around 90% no matter how perfect my timing is when hitting notes. I did try messing with the settings, however I haven't messed around with accessibility ones as I wish to have as much of an authentic experience as possible, only the ones that control ms. Did no good. I wonder if there's like a detection issue in accessible modes? be great if dev could check into that.

2019-08-08 03:58:15

First of all, loving the game so far.
Second, good news for @Dark and everyone else who is having issues with Steam.
You can download the latest version of the demo here
And it looks like Steam itself is finally! slowly but surely rolling out accessible interface updates. The chat features were the first to become accessible, and word has it that the library is to be converted next. The thing will play out like a web page, they just need to make sure to make it keyboard friendly, though if it uses mouse navigation I guess that isn't an immediate show stopper as long as the text is clearly readable with standard navigation keys.

2019-08-08 04:10:30 (edited by Stormy 2019-08-08 06:44:42)

@85
As explained, there are certain programs that keep track of when the text in the clipboard changes and speaks the text whenever it's updated. It's helpful for allowing blind players to translate the game's text into other languages as they play. It would just be a matter of outputting game text to the clipboard instead of speaking it through narration. It could also offer the opportunity for players to hear the game's narration through a voice of their choosing as opposed to being limited to sAPI voices.
@87
I only have one or two of the accessibility settings enabled. In my opinion, checking them out doesn't take too much away from the game experience at all, and I believe that, for the time being anyways, there are certain missions you might not be able to complete without any of the accessibility settings enabled at a certain point.
@82
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
I managed a bronze medal on Virtual insanity for now. If I'm correct, the hallucinations are really strong on this one, and I believe they interfere with how your rig is operating. I think trying to use boost as much as you can might really help here. That was how I approached it anyways. I struggled a lot more with antiviral.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-08-08 05:02:39

Yes, antivirus was a jerk, but the music is so good! I love the soundtrack so much.

2019-08-08 05:03:17

I have uploaded part four of the blind playthrough slash development log video: https://youtu.be/rGAsyx_XyGY

2019-08-08 09:02:11

Hi @special magic games.
Welcome to the forum. big_smile
Will there be a chance that the game will be released for Mac or Xbox in the future?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-08-08 11:46:05

Hi, has anyone passed "Mia Green is missing"? I can't for the life of me figure out how to stay in range of the sec bot. I'm pretty sure the barriers slow me down when I crash into them, but I don't know what to do about that. I've tried steering around them, but that has proven to be ineffectual since I don't exactly know what direction I need to steer in. I think they have a sound now, but have no idea how to use it to steer away from them.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-08-08 12:21:43

@93
I'm pretty sure the barriers slow you down when you crash into them. They sweep back and forth I believe, so it's just a matter of trying to slide past them without being hit. I'm also having a bit of trouble with that mission.

2019-08-08 12:31:55

hi.

Holy shit, on difficultys challenging and up, the game start to become interesting. I love this.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-08 13:21:37

Stuck on New Girl currently and in spite of everything I do I just can't seem to get past my rivals.  Trying everything - hyperdrift, boost with autopilot on... Just can't figure out what I'm doing to screw this up and it's kinda frustrating me at this point.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-08-08 14:31:37

Hi guys. Does anybody know if I am able to trade games on steam for other games? I have some games that I have finished and I would like to trade them for this game. Is that even possible?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-08-08 14:40:26 (edited by musicalman 2019-08-08 15:10:08)

Well, I finally got past the third tutorial where you have to boost. Also, great updates to accessibility!
BTW I have my timing judgment set at -120. This seems to suit my system response, and my personal response time best. I'm getting around 90 percent accuracy for the stuff I don't know very well, with a dozen or so great judgments and less good and bad judgments, and the rest are synchronized or misses because I was stupid. In the f1 mission performance screen, it sometimes tells you how early or late your average timing is. Mine seems to hang around 6 ms late, which seems negligible.
Since I've begun making headway in this, I'm really, really tempted to purchase. I've played through I believe all the missions that can be unlocked in the demo (haven't messed with the arcade yet or higher difficulty levels, though) but a few things are unclear. I've been able to power through the missions despite this, but am pretty confused on some things. If anyone could help clarify any of these, it would be greatly appreciated!
1. Seems like steering is pretty difficult to get right. I'm glad steering around rigs is merely optional, at least it seems that way, because I have no clue how to do it. And steering around the bariors in brutal defenses... I think I managed to steer around a couple but it seems really hard. I guess I'm supposed to wait until they get close, then use the speed boost and as they come to one side, steer to the other side? That sounds like it requires some pretty intricate timing to be able to get the speed boost in the right window so you have time to steer around the barrior before the speed boost is depleted.
2. What is the difference between speed boost and drift? Drift does something with autopiloting I think, but does it provide a speed boost as well? I'm guessing not, but since I was so confused about steering with the speed boost, I didn't really understand what drift does, though using drifts and collecting notes to keep the drift going is insanely fun. Also, do you have to have your power maxed out to use them affectively, or can you get away with less?
3. There was a mission where the bonus objective was to hold all notes for the correct time. I somehow completed it, but I don't know the difference between a hold and just pressing the key. And in the f1 mission performance screen, it said 0 of 0 holds. So I dunno.
4. The health of your car. I've never run out of health I don't think but it's hard to tell; I don't know how much health I have, or what takes away health.
5. I haven't messed much with the audio cues 2 mode, but from what I've seen, it sounds like it's more of an audio complement to the visual cues mode. The speech gives more visual-oriented instructions. I know it's still in testing, though, so am not trying to criticize much. Just pointing it out in case it was missed.
Okay, I think that's everything. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really excited about the game but missing a lot of the picture I think.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-08 15:00:58

K, so haven't posted in this here thread as of yet but been keeping up with the game and I love what's happening here. Not sure how I get the concept of steering though. Using my keyboard here and don't have a controller here. Maybe I'd have to play with this a bit more, but I do like what I'm seeing here. Keep up the good work.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-08-08 15:20:19 (edited by Stormy 2019-08-08 15:22:47)

@98
1. I agree. It's incredible that steering around the barriers is at least possible now with the audio cues. I've practiced a lot with steering around them, but my results vary, so I wouldn't want to try and explain how I go about it since it's still hit or miss for me. I've been considering doing some audio recordings of the game just for the fun of it to show off certain levels or aspects if there is any interest. I've found that you definitely have to be careful with the timing in order to keep the speed boost going long enough to make it past. I settled on learning where the barriers are in a mission, so I can anticipate them and activate the boost as late as I can to ensure that I won't run out while trying to get past. (as well as making sure that I can get my power meter as full as I can beforehand)
2. I'm pretty sure that drift allows you to maintain the increased speed while turning, but your speed will start to decline while turning with boost. Boost allows the ability to steer, but not drift. I'm pretty sure that how long the effects last depends on how much power is in your meter, so they're best used when the meter is as full as possible. Holds aren't incorporated into the accessibility mode.
4. There are subtle sounds for when your power and health meters change. I believe you lose health by missing notes, being burned, and maybe hitting barriers?
5. The audio cues 2 mode is a lot more challenging in my opinion. It mirrors the visual mode more closely, but it requires some pretty intense reaction speeds even on the easiest missions. I haven't managed to get very far using it myself, but that might just be a lack of skill on my part.
I really love the game and its soundtrack as well, and I am looking forward to finishing all of the missions. I'm stuck on some brutal ones at the moment.