2019-09-16 03:06:31

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could explain the advanced audio queue tutorial please? I understand you’re supposed to hold down a letter until I start but I don’t know if 50 at you or the area how long to hold it down etc. are you supposed to also be tapping according to the rhythm until the sounds come on any help would be sincerely appreciated

2019-09-16 10:08:14

SMG, would something like https://ko-fi.com be better than Patrion?

2019-09-16 17:47:32

I'm going to try Patreon.  Today I'm working on putting the game soundtrack on itch.io, and I'm also going to tie the Patreon to the itch store so patrons can the game and soundtrack.  I'm still deciding how to price that, though.

2019-09-16 18:09:55 (edited by special magic games 2019-09-16 19:33:00)

Ok, the soundtrack page is up, and you can get it if you pledge $3 on Patreon, using this link:

https://special-magic-games-llc.itch.io … eon-access

And here is the regular store link: https://special-magic-games-llc.itch.io … soundtrack

and the patreon: https://www.patreon.com/specialmagicgames

2019-09-17 00:05:55

sweet! I totally would not complain if this game were expanded. SMG I do have a question. you mentioned leaderboards: I know you haven't made up your mind on how it would work for cues 1, but what about cues 2? That one is like visual cues, so you could potentially add leaderboards, correct? unless there's something I'm not taking into account

does cues 2 have visuals? that would be even better. we'd be able to compete with other sighted players. I'm not saying adding to cues 1 would be a bad idea, but I'd love it on cues 2 as well. I'm just not sure if cues 2 is scored the same as visual cues.

2019-09-17 00:11:02

I really have to wonder at how Autumn Day Distraction is rated 13 on easy but man it doesn't seem like a rated 13 track.

2019-09-17 00:25:38

musicman, leaderboards should indeed be enabled for audio cues 2 mode, because the notes are all the same as the visible cues mode.  But they aren't... it's a bug I need to fix.  Also I think I will also enable the visuals for that mode.

blindndangerous, there are currently bugs that make Autumn Day Distraction not work properly in audio cues 1 mode (maybe also 2?).  It has to do with the fact that it has BPM changes in it.

2019-09-17 00:29:39

Hi,
I just completed the man VS Machine mission, but it crashed on the after story.
I heard the sound indicating I had unlocked something, then it said not responding.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-09-17 00:33:23 (edited by stewie 2019-09-17 00:35:28)

I kind of wish that modes were more customisable. For example, before you start a track or mission you could hit a hotkey and get a menu like this (and the options menu would have a mode submenu)

• Audible cues 1 or 2

• visuals on/off

• Beat count/note delay

• Confirmation cues on/off

• helper drum on/off

• autopilot on/off

That way all of the options would be in one place for easier experimentation. I also find myself wanting to switch between modes a lot.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-09-17 11:58:58

Nice job! I have a question though. How split screen works? Is it unlocking somewhere in the game? Interesting, if I can play with my wife on the same level.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-09-17 12:41:51

Anyone else also noticed that if two scratch up sounds play at the same time the scratch up sound plays in the center channel?  Is that supposed to happen just because of how the panning works or is that a bug?

2019-09-17 12:58:30

Yes, this is how panning works. If you have two identical sounds, where their channel volumes mirror each other, they will balance each other out, so you will hear them in the middle.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2019-09-17 14:39:43

Can anyone help with my problem in  post 434?
Thanks

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-09-17 16:56:43

TheBlindSaiyan, completing Man Vs. Machine unlocks the track Overload.

Lirin, split screen doesn't work properly right now with the audible cues modes.  Player 2 can press start on a controller at the arcade screen to join, but right now there is no support for player 2 to play a different game mode or difficulty.  I actually have not even tested this yet.

blindndangerous, I want to do something to make the simultaneous scratches on either side sound more distinct.  I have some other similar but different scratch sounds I think I want to try using on one of the sides.

2019-09-18 12:15:29

Hi!
SMG, congratulations for the game, from the videos I've watched it seems great! I'm gonna buy it as soon as the new month starts.
I'm too very interested in the split screen mode, hope one day I can compete live with my sighted friends on the same level.
Keep up the very good work, you're a fantastic developer.

2019-09-18 16:16:29

I'll look into split screen in case it is something I can do quickly on Friday which is usually my day to clean up back log items.

Also, this week I'm hoping to post a tiny preview of the DLC to my Patreon.

2019-09-19 23:06:33

Oh, I thought leaderboards were active for the audio cues mode. Well, hope that gets fixed sometime, that'd open the game up a whole bunch more for positions.

2019-09-20 21:51:24

This week I worked on adding support for DLC in the game, which means that I can distribute a zip file with extra content and you can install and play it.  I didn't quite get done, and being Friday afternoon my energy is gone.

What I wanted to do was to release in-development versions of the next DLC on the patreon.  I've already got new tracks in development.

Well I think next week I'll be able to make a lot more progress.  Lots of random stuff happened this week.

2019-09-22 12:30:14 (edited by keyIsFull 2019-09-22 12:56:50)

Is there no way to know where the recovery items are located on the track? I'm currently just steering around randomly until I hit one with luck.
Also: barriers I know people have been asking about them a lot, and I've been trying to keep up with the topic, but is it mainly guesswork as to which wall to steer for when you hear the warning beeps for a barrier? Even if you steer in the opposite direction the barrier is moving, it doesn't guarantee that you'll avoid the barrier. Or maybe I'm  just steering too late?
Also, re: steering, is there any way to make it the steering less sensitive so I hit walls less? There are missions whose bonus objectives are not to collide with other rigs or the sides of the track, but the steering is so abrupt that avoiding collisions with walls is pretty much impossible, even on an opposite turn such as avoiding the right wall on a right turn which should theoretically be a bit easier, it can still happen.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-09-22 15:25:57

They appear where the notes are visually on screen (which is the same as the default panning for each audible cue) so steering over those spots will get you them. If you just boost for the center two columns and the jump notes (space bar on eyboard notes) you'll grab  all of them).

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-09-23 16:39:03

Hey,
There's a bug in the traitor mission where if you have holds enabled with audio cues 1, your opponent can't be heard at all. The only way I was able to complete it was by disabling holds just so I could hear the other racer. Also, if you restart in the middle of that mission, you instantly take a ton of damage.

Game Man

2019-09-23 21:16:00

Thank you for letting me know, Game Man.  I'll add it to the list... I'm sorry but I feel like I've been very slow with updates lately.

2019-09-24 11:34:17

Is there any manual for sequence storm, and what's the difference between audible cues 1 and 2 modes?
Also, what are the best settings for accessibility, should I change something or is the default good?
I couldn't find any list of keyboard commands, I just know that kick drum is space.

2019-09-24 13:15:13

The manual is in the tutorials, and the difference is audio cues 1 is hear a pattern, repeat it back, audio cues 2 is your either a beat, a beat and a half, or 2 beats behind, and you follow along with the beats while remembering that you're behind at least one sound.  2 is the way that sighted players play.

2019-09-26 03:00:44

So which mode is better now, audio 1 or 2?