2019-08-02 22:12:26

Hi,
After almost a week of hard work, we bring to you sbp, version 3.0.0!
A lot of the game, code and features, have changed in this version. Make sure you read the changelogs for both client and server.
And without therver ado, here's the link.
http://ims-productions.com/downloads/sbp.zip
A page on our site with more info about the game will be coming soon. Enjoy!

Use the below link to get about 500 or so mb of extra dropbox space when you create an account.
https://db.tt/dDngEzFLo7

2019-08-02 22:31:06

The requested URL /downloads/sbp.zip was not found on this server.

2019-08-02 22:31:08

good job charli

Thumbs up

2019-08-02 22:36:27

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm currently on Android so can't test.
Also, Ivan did do quite a lot of the work for this update. He deserves some credit as well.

Use the below link to get about 500 or so mb of extra dropbox space when you create an account.

2019-08-02 22:39:59

I managed to get it, here's the changelog.
New in 3.0.0
Welcome to the new Scrolling Battles Pro! 75% of the code rewritten!
Adds safe zones, let me know if something breaks.
Updated readme to remove references about single player.
Fixes bgt runtime error in inventory.
Adds f4 pinging.
Adds inventory items and an inventory.
Removed handling of bombs, items and players.
Removed custom servers.
Removed the need of GameEngine.dll.
Redid some sounds.

Buy the worlds greatest machine gun. It's about 50 inches in length, It's huge! & it can shoot really far, &, it's cheap!
Lets demonstrate this: stand still Thom...
Okay ma.aaa!
Oh! crap!

Thumbs up

2019-08-02 22:40:27

hmmm
link work fine
I m download

Thumbs up

2019-08-02 23:07:47

That's weird. It doesn't work for me still

2019-08-02 23:23:41

It worked fine for me, downloading now.

I like cats.

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 00:01:30

The link works for me.
Currently, i don't see any difference between this version and previous version, only glider removed, and now you can place mines and timebombs by inventory instead pressing those m and t keys. Oh, and safezones added yeah.
Weapons have not changed, almost nothing got changed, at least from the player's perspective. I can't say anything bad or good about it, i'll just wait until more interesting things will be added.

flawless victory!

2019-08-03 00:16:54

As Charlie said in the old topic, this is not SBP 2, where everything is amazing and different. Its mainly a mass codebase update to make the server and client a little less buggy. The old code was that bad to the point where I rewrote a lot of the code from scratch. If you have ideas for somethings to add, please put them down here, as now everything or mostly everything, is handled through the client, so less updates for the client, and more protection for cheaters.

Ivan

2019-08-03 00:20:52

More weapons may be added avenchually, however with the current system doing that is quite a process to say the least. I'd say that's pretty low priority for the moment though.

2019-08-03 01:07:05

So am I right in saying that the singleplayer feature has been taken out?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
Don't forget to thumb up my posts :)

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 02:36:36

Yes, @12, you are. For now

I like cats.

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 02:48:50

So what exactly does this version do? I assume most of the changes are under the hood. The server handles most of the game info now?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 06:05:18

I'm interested in what Mason said, did he give permission? The SBP Online code was never be shared

You must know... Cats are soft!

2019-08-03 07:53:34

@Chris, yes, but this version has a couple extras as well, like safe zones and the like. The main thing in this update is now the game kind of has a future because now we can add things much easier, and a lot of the existing bugs have also been fixed. @dash, I'm not sure what rock you've been hiding under lately, but if you check the masonasons updates Twitter or the old sbp topic created by me, you won't have to look far to see that the code was soled, a long time ago in fact.

2019-08-03 11:02:38

Why do I get a virus warning  If I try to run this game

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 12:26:13

It's a BGT issue, and sadly one we can do nothing about. The best I can say is either exclude the folder or disable your anti virus.

2019-08-03 16:04:59

oh yes. downloading now!

if you like tts kits and  good stuff for the blind,
subscribe hear
[my facebook groop]
[follow me on twitter!]

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 17:18:55

I have one request. Can you please, add running? Or speed up the walking speed?

I like cats.

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 17:51:47

Few things here. In my opinion, this version is not as good as the old one was. As skylord already said, from the player perspective not so much changed, the menu still sounds and feels like sbyw3, the safe zone map reminds strongly like it was from ultra power, and no single player and custom srvs, which where 2 things that made the game really fun to play.

Coding is fun. You can how ever only code good if you have enough motivation to do so.

Give the new devs a motivation. Don't expect to much from their first steps cause after all they are new, but give them some chances.

2019-08-03 20:32:22

Hi,
I haven't played the game, but here are a few things I suggest to add/redo. As the sidescroller games are quickly losing user interest, you could add new concepts or completely alter the old ones. Inventory system eg. Red spot, STW, Ultra power, Fire fight  and a few other games have had the inventory system. Personally speaking, these fancy schmancy cool  things able to carry a tun load of stuff is getting boring to me. Player could put an entire mountain within them without breaking out a few sweats. Cart wheels, barrows, stationary depots, military backpacks limited to hold a few items are new concepts. While moving around a barrow or cart wheel sounds weird, I only named them to cross the idea. You could add other new features too. New smart MPCS eg that could be hired and deployed in watch towers, infirmaries to heal the player, infantries to keep the front line busy, vehicles to move units, choppers to cut down any air resistance, etc. If this game is not going to be a RPG/RTS, then again things could be twisted a little. Different types of bombs, bombs with the ability to change terrains (Blowing pits/ setting huge fires), chemical weapons to poison, blind, torture, mutate, infect, or kill players. Tech labs that could be built over time and make remote weapons to control other players, make them to do something, weapons to disarm, disembowel, disfigure, disable, disjoint, guns that kill with a  single shot, devices to make players invisible, reincarnate, capture other players and more. Heck, you could even turn this into a magic game with players able to brew potions and cast spells haha.
I hope my ideas were interesting to take a look at, if not, sorry to bother.

I'm the Empty Bound. Set me on fire, for I don't care a hoot.

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 20:32:45

Why do you like the old version better? Certainly its not just because you can host the server right?
big_smile

Ivan

2019-08-03 21:10:28

well you could always play the old version with custom servers like I do if you don't like the new version. Still. Nicely done. or something.

Thumbs up

2019-08-03 22:07:15

@22: wow nice thing, that would be cool. Would you mind me using that in maybe a future game of mine? I would also credit you.
@23: cause it didn't clamed to have so much new like this ver had. When you made this toppic, it was looking like a revolutionary update, you should have used the old one instead if it's not that. And also, a lot of great things that made sbp original are gone now, like single player with real ai and glider.

Coding is fun. You can how ever only code good if you have enough motivation to do so.

Give the new devs a motivation. Don't expect to much from their first steps cause after all they are new, but give them some chances.