2019-08-01 22:24:43

Hello all!

We bring some good news: AudioWizards now has its first proper gameplay trailer! Tell us your thoughts, we really appreciate the feedback and whether the trailer gave a clear picture about the game smile The launch is planned for 1st of September.

https://youtu.be/t0OwppLV0EQ

We have also updated our website to better represent the game: https://www.mytruesound.com/audiowizards-home

2019-08-02 00:21:35

Oh nice.
Thanks for the updae.
Can't wait to try out the game.

2019-08-02 03:15:21

is this for android, ios, mac, or windows?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-02 03:17:30

my question has ben ancered.
sad

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-02 08:26:48

Hi,
well for now I'm not sure... Since you were talking about wizzard battles, based on elements etc, I was hoping for something a little more.. epic, with lightnings being repailed by forcefields, flames being frozen along the way by defensive ice spells. Actually I don't know what happens during these sequence, but I'm still curious about the game! Hopefully we've only seen the visible part of the iceberg!
Can't wait to try it out.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-08-02 08:47:42

Hi!
The music is very nice, but I didn't understand how the gameplay works... Do we have to draw simbols on the phone? Do we have to react to the enemy sound like in A Blind Legend?
Thanks!

2019-08-02 09:58:41

Hello everyone! Thanks for the support and questions, I'll try to answer each of them in this reply.

adel.spence wrote:

is this for android, ios, mac, or windows?

Sorry for the late answer! AudioWizards will be released for both Android and iOS. Of course, with high enough demand, we might consider doing a PC-version.

Arkandias wrote:

Actually I don't know what happens during these sequence, but I'm still curious about the game! Hopefully we've only seen the visible part of the iceberg!

Thanks for the curiosity! We understand the concerns about the vagueness and we promise to make everything as clear as possible before the release. We will also be handing out review copies of the game to content creators which hopefully helps to bring some third-party perspective about the game. I'll try to explain more about the gameplay in the next answer:

siria wrote:

The music is very nice, but I didn't understand how the gameplay works... Do we have to draw simbols on the phone? Do we have to react to the enemy sound like in A Blind Legend?

Thanks for the questions! AudioWizards will be action orientated game. In the game, enemies approach you from three different directions while you have to defend yourself from them never reaching you. You have four different elements at your disposal with each enemy having their own weaknesses. You select the spells and cast them by doing simple swipe gestures (fun fact: very early in the development we actually thought about using symbols tongue). While your tools stay pretty much the same throughout the whole game, the changes come from the different scenarios you will be facing through your journey. We also want AudioWizards to have a high skill ceiling for the players who really want to master the game.

2019-08-02 10:49:29 (edited by Dark 2019-08-02 10:50:40)

Sounds like a fun arcade/adventure title, I'm particularly interested in what you mention  the game requiring skill to master, since we could do with arcade games based on a bit more than reactions.

I enjoyed the music and the voice of the creaky old wizard was making me smile.

I'll be looking forward to giving this a try next month.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-02 11:21:49

7, thanks for the answer! I'm curious too about the high skill sealing to master the game. Looking forward to this.

2019-08-02 11:28:05

I like the sounds, music and voice. It sounds like you've put a lot of effort into this game and I'm looking forward to trying it out next month.

2019-08-02 11:30:07

This sounds like a nice new game, especially since there aren't many titles with immersive audio and voice acting for the android platform.
Will the game have upgrades to your character? Like health, defence etc.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-08-02 11:54:01 (edited by AudioWizards 2019-08-02 11:55:00)

TheBlindSaiyan wrote:

This sounds like a nice new game, especially since there aren't many titles with immersive audio and voice acting for the android platform.
Will the game have upgrades to your character? Like health, defence etc.

Thanks for the kind words! There will not be traditional stats that you might find in a RPG. You have three lives default but depending on the scenario you can gain more or less. As I said in a previous reply, there will be different settings which will affect how you should approach each specific scenario! For example, in the Story Mode, you might have a level where you have disturbing noise trying to hinder your focus. These modifiers you encounter in the Story Mode will also be present in the Endless Mode where your skills are really put into a test when aiming for the higher scores. You can also unlock some new things in the Story Mode which we'll keep as secrets for now wink

2019-08-06 21:15:32

Hi.
Wow. I look very much forward to check this out. The gameplay sounds easy, but I hope it isn't that easy as it sounds. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-08-07 11:47:00 (edited by Honk 2019-08-07 11:50:38)

Hi MyTrueSound-Team,

I found it to be almost impossible to discern actual gameplay in this trailer - at least for me - so I can't really comment on that. What you describe in your post #7 sounds quite interessting though. Especially the sound design feels pretty crisp and high quality which I like.
For me AudioDefense Zombie Arena was probably the best audio game for iOS and maybe even the best arcade audio game across all platforms. This sounds like it could be a little like that which I like even more.
So I'll definitely give Audiowizards a try!

I acknowledge that making a representative game play trailer for an audio game is really difficult to pull off. One thing I'd consider for next time is some kind of explanation what the player inputs do in the game and if you also put cutscenes in your trailer a clear pointer when they end and actual gameplay starts. You did this now in this thread but probably not everyone watching your trailer will also read here.
There is this awesome youtube channel called Gamemakers Toolkit, the showrunner Marc Brown tackles all kinds of different game development aspects and also has made a video about indie game trailers. Even though that one is obviously aimed at video trailers you still might find it interessting and/or useful.
Klick here for
GMTK - How to make an indie game trailer

This feedback is not meant as criticism because I don't see why I should criticise you here. I just want to throw my perspective into the mix tongue

2019-08-08 10:09:53

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
Wow. I look very much forward to check this out. The gameplay sounds easy, but I hope it isn't that easy as it sounds. smile

Don't worry, that's wont be the case wink

Honk wrote:

Hi MyTrueSound-Team,

I found it to be almost impossible to discern actual gameplay in this trailer - at least for me - so I can't really comment on that. What you describe in your post #7 sounds quite interessting though. Especially the sound design feels pretty crisp and high quality which I like.
For me AudioDefense Zombie Arena was probably the best audio game for iOS and maybe even the best arcade audio game across all platforms. This sounds like it could be a little like that which I like even more.
So I'll definitely give Audiowizards a try!
This feedback is not meant as criticism because I don't see why I should criticise you here. I just want to throw my perspective into the mix tongue

Thanks for the interest! Wow, this is actually exactly the kind of feedback we're looking for. Thanks a lot! We have also acknowledged the fact that the "gameplay" trailer didn't showcase the actual gameplay in a clear way. We wanted to try to make the trailer feel like any other trailer for any game while making it accessible, which just didn't hit the mark this time. At the moment we're crafting another kind of video which should make it very clear what kind of game AudioWizards is with commentary and how-to-play section. I cannot say any certain release date for the next video but it should be ready well before the release date tongue

Once again, thanks for the feedback! And don't worry about the criticism, we here at Team AudioWizards and myTrueSound are still learning and appreciate any form of feedback. That's the part of being a game developer, afterall!

2019-08-08 10:12:28

I didn't understand what was happening in the gameplay trailer but reading the thread the game sounds interesting.  I do hope you decide to port it over to PC eventually, becaue I won't be able to play it otherwise and I'd really like to.