2009-05-19 01:30:21

Hello All,
Finally, the much awaited TDV evaluation is out!

Almost a year after the first release of Three-D Velocity, we bring to you
an all new version. Three-D Velocity is a real-time fighterjet simulation--the
first of its kind for blind or visually impaired people! If you have always wanted to  fly an aircraft but were prevented because of your blindness, this game is for  you! With
top speeds clocked at around mach two, you are placed right in the middle of  a fast action aerial dogfight with other aircraft. If you've always wanted to enjoy  the thrill of going head to head with your enemy when you're more than
ten-thousand feet above sealevel, you will get that with Three-D Velocity.

The full release will most likely be release early in 2010; however, this is  a tentative date only.

The demonstration allows you to play fifteen minutes of racing or death  match simulation. All other functionality has been disabled.

Changes in the May 2009 Release
A little over a year after the first public evaluation release of Three-D
Velocity, we bring to you the second release. We have added several new features and
functionality to this version, and it is a more accurate image of what the final version
will contain.
1.  We have extended the demo time to fifteen minutes of game play per mode.
2.  The opponent craft can now fire at you. Although this functionality was
present in the first release, we disabled it because some things needed fine-tuning.
3.  Your afterburners function more like an actual aircraft.
4.  We have greatly improved the resource management system in the game.
5.  This release contains support for flight controllers.
6.  Thanks to many suggestions by players after the first release, we have  rewritten the Status Mode; now, pressing TAB will place you in "status mode." From  here, you can press one of several keys to get information--in other words, the status
menu is gone.
7.  We have included a full-fledged HTML documentation.
8.  TDV has been upgraded to .NET Framework 3.5, and uses SlimDX instead of
Managed DirectX.
9.  The loading time at the beginning of the first release has been
eliminated.

You can get the new release by visiting the BPC website:
http://www.bpcprograms.com/programs/programs.php. Good luck with your new
aircraft!
Munawar

2009-05-19 09:20:22

Munawar: This is totally awesome. I'm downloading the beta now and I'll check it out asap.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2009-05-19 09:24:57

hi,the link don't seems to be working

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2009-05-19 09:44:27

Hi.

Funny, that link isn't working indeed, however you can download the game from http://www.bpcprograms.com/scripts/php/programdesc.php

Congrats on getting this one out the door Munawar.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-05-19 13:52:58

This is great!!! Tip for who ever is playing, avasive is the key for the death match mode.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-05-19 14:39:03

Hi,
For some reason, when the forum directs you to that link I provided, it includes the last period in the address as well--that's why it's failing, so I'll put the link on a separate line smile. Here it is:
http://www.bpcprograms.com/programs/programs.php

I think it's a bug with the forum code.
Munawar

2009-05-19 18:41:47

Another option would be to use the URL tags.

My understanding, albeit limited, is that this forum system is fairly basic so don't expect anything fancy like recognising dots as full stops rather than as part of the address wink

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-05-20 12:38:47

for some reason captain chase never lets me land, after this 1 time when I paused and alt tabbed away when I was asked to land, the game crashed, I lost the log file but this is frustrating that I can't land. also, why you have the engines running when you start? it would be nice if you would have to start your engines manually.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2009-05-20 15:39:02

hey, i'm having a problem instaling slindx
or something similar to this name, wen i try to open the game, it asks for the requirement, and
then wen i downloaded and tried to run the installer from bpc's site and in the middle of the
installation it says that it encountered an error and needed to be closed.
i tried to install it 2 or 3 times, but got the same error again and again.
any suggestions in what i can try to do whould be very welcome.
thanks.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-05-20 17:14:45

for some reason captain chase never lets me land, after this 1 time when I paused and alt tabbed away when I was asked to land, the game crashed, I lost the log file but this is frustrating that I can't land.

What do you mean "Chase never lets me land?" Also, I'll try to reproduce your error here and see what I can come up with. Thanks for letting me know about it--there's always one or two bugs that slip through the testing cycle. smile. If I understand you correctly, you are told to land, and then hit pause, go to another app, and TDV crashes?

2009-05-20 17:18:22

yes, and by never lets me land I mean I'm no longer asked to do so, I played like 15 times and it kept saying that I was spared.

2009-05-20 18:30:52

hi munawar,
I played the game more and I finally did manage to be asked to land, it's ok now.
there is a bug in the racing mode, if you press r in the status mode it'll always say that you're in first, no matter in what place you really are. in.
as for the alt tabbing away thing, it actually occurs when you pause and alt tab, if you don't pause it won't happen. I have the log this time though.

Error log, created with build version 1.0.3425.25072: 
Error base exception: SlimDX.DirectInput.DirectInputException: ERROR_INVALID_ACCESS: The operation cannot be performed unless the device is acquired. (-2147024884)
   at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   at SlimDX.DirectInput.Device`1.GetCurrentState(DataFormat& data)
   at SlimDX.DirectInput.Device`1.GetCurrentState()
   at TDV.dxInput.isKeyHeldDown(Key num)
   at TDV.Vehicle.interact()
   at TDV.Vehicle.move()
Error Description: ERROR_INVALID_ACCESS: The operation cannot be performed unless the device is acquired. (-2147024884)
Stack trace:    at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   at SlimDX.DirectInput.Device`1.GetCurrentState(DataFormat& data)
   at SlimDX.DirectInput.Device`1.GetCurrentState()
   at TDV.dxInput.isKeyHeldDown(Key num)
   at TDV.Vehicle.interact()
   at TDV.Vehicle.move()

hth.

2009-05-20 22:29:29

One thing I don't understand is acording to the docs, you acan take off at a speed of 150 mph, but if you press tab and S the speed is in knots.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2009-05-21 14:28:48

I love the game my only question is, do you have to complete death match mode before mission mode?

Audio game king

2009-05-21 18:15:40

hey munawar,
do you have any suggestions with what could be causing the slimdx installing problem that i'm
having?
i'll post the exact error that appears wen i try to install it.
SlimDX Redistributable (March 2009) Setup
The installer has encountered an unexpected error
installing this package. This may indicate a problem with
this package. The error code is 2908.
OK
SlimDX Redistributable (March 2009) Setup
An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'SlimDX,version="2.0.7.41",culture="neutral",publicKeyT
oken="B1B0C32FD1FFE4F9",processorArchitecture="x8
6"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more
information. HRESULT: 0x8002802F.
OK

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-05-21 21:33:34

Hi Drv,
I wonder if the installer is corrupted somehow. Did you try redownloading the package from the site? Let me know how that goes. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll reupload it. Or you can get it directly from the SlimDX website here:
http://slimdx.org/download.php
Just download the End User Runtimes. That's what I recommend you try instead of getting it from BPC, and let me know if that works for you. If not I'll forward your message to SlimDX and hopefully we can get this solved. Thanks for your patience. I've never heard of anyone getting this error before but maybe the developers can tell me some things if it continues. Hope this helps.

One more thing, can you give me the specs on your system? Eg. what's your operating system, what processor are you running--32 or 64-bit, etc?
Munawar

2009-05-21 21:52:41

hey man.
thanks so much for the help. i'll try downloading it directly from the web site then, and see.
ok my systen is windows xp, 3.0 processor with 512 mb of ram, 32 bit, with latest directx
installed i believe, and .netframework all versions until 3.5...
thanks again.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-05-21 21:59:32

hi man, i downloaded the file from the site that you past here, but the same errors appear. hmm
just to have sure, how i can check if my windows is 32 or 64 bit?

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-05-22 08:51:03

hi drg, do this
i think it should work if it doesn't let me know
uninstal three-d velocity from your pc and then instal slim dx. after this instal the game again
it worked for me
and it should do the same for u,lets hope...

Follow me on twitter

2009-05-22 12:43:21

I know you use jaws 5 and if your systemm would be 64-bit jaws5 would not work on it. smile 64-bit support was added recently only in jaws 10 and only in vista.

2009-05-22 13:48:38

a right then, then it's confirmed that's 32 bit version (thanks man for the info)
and thanks gryfindore for the info as well, i hope it works, will try wen i arrive at my house.
sorry for the offtopic in the next line but
gryfindore check your spam folder or junk folder in your email, i tried to send you something
that you'll like.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-05-22 14:00:19

wp85 wrote:

I love the game my only question is, do you have to complete death match mode before mission mode?

First off, sorry for the late response. Forums are often times hard to keep track of and I came across your message while reading earlier posts. smile.

Yes, you will have to complete a racing and death match simulation in mission mode before you can play the story. Unlike the demo however, the real mission mode will score you based on how well or how poorly you did. The two modes are available as stand-alone as a sort of training mode so that you can get used to dogfighting and racing before they start hurting your score.

2009-05-22 17:17:24

drg wrote:

hi man, i downloaded the file from the site that you past here, but the same errors appear. hmm

OK. I've asked the SlimDX group about it. In the meantime let me know if the solution provided by Gryfindor solves your problem. If it does, then it's probably an issue of TDV installing the SlimDX library and then the installer failing because it can't override it. Has anyone else had the problem Drv is describing? I was on skype with a couple people while they installed it, and they installed TDV before installing SlimDX, so I'm confused as to what the real issue is. Either way I hope SlimDX dev can shed some light on this. Good luck, and keep me posted on what happens. Sorry for the trouble.

2009-05-22 17:32:52

Admin message: please keep on topic when posting within in a thread. Off topic posting is best done privately or in a separate thread. In that way, people know in advance it's off topic. Now, they don't understand what you mean and have to read through it. Thanks for your understanding!

sorry for the off topic in the next line
got it, a realy great thanks
what did u say i'll like it?
well u r wrong,i loved it!!!!!!!!
thanks again
and i do have a question which im gone to fire on u

Follow me on twitter

2009-05-22 17:35:33

hey all, i tried to do what grryfindore sayd but it gives me the same error...
i hope that shortly i find something to help with it.
and thanks so much munawar in trying to help with that man.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com