2019-08-14 23:53:05

Hi i have encountered this error
Error log, created with build version 2.31.0.0:
Error base exception: SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x88960001], Module: [SharpDX.XAudio2], ApiCode: [XAUDIO2_E_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown
   at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.Voice.SetVolume(Single volume, Int32 operationSet)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.process(Int32 playPointer, Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 113
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.play(Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 88
   at TDV.GUI.mainMenu() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 403
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 356
Error Description: HRESULT: [0x88960001], Module: [SharpDX.XAudio2], ApiCode: [XAUDIO2_E_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.Voice.SetVolume(Single volume, Int32 operationSet)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.process(Int32 playPointer, Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 113
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.OggBuffer.play(Boolean loop) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\OggBuffer.cs:line 88
   at TDV.GUI.mainMenu() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 403
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 356
What should I do

2019-08-15 11:08:01

Hello,
@#26 try installing directx via directx web setup.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-08-15 15:19:15

what is this mr whatever
Error log, created with build version 2.31.0.0:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TDV.Mission.createNewFighter(Int32 type, Int32 radius) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Mission.cs:line 495
   at TDV.JuliusAircraft.move() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\JuliusAircraft.cs:line 106
   at TDV.Holder.activate() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Holder.cs:line 106
Error Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at TDV.Mission.createNewFighter(Int32 type, Int32 radius) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Mission.cs:line 495
   at TDV.JuliusAircraft.move() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\JuliusAircraft.cs:line 106
   at TDV.Holder.activate() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Holder.cs:line 106

2019-08-15 16:29:22

I don't know what caused that error in the first place...

73 Wj3u

2019-08-17 08:02:40

mean I have to play from biggening?
what rubbish it is?

2019-08-26 13:16:46

Hai, I tried to run TDV server on my computer.
In the beginning it went well, but when I shutdown server, and run the server again, and I found some error:

C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Three-D-Velocity-Binaries-master\Three-D-Velocity-Binaries-master\TDVServer.exe
MainInstructionIcon  graphic
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Three-D-Velocity-Binaries-master\Three-D-Velocity-Binaries-master\TDVServer.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
Ok button.

How to fix it?

2019-09-01 15:49:27

I just now put out TDV 2.4 and have edited post 1 accordingly.

2019-09-01 19:42:35

What does the server timeout option do?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-09-01 23:42:03

Nice work!  I wonder if this will improve performance for virtual machine users?

2019-09-02 03:33:20

@Chris: I looked through the source to refresh my memory, but can't find any place where the timeout value is used. Perhaps I intended to implement it but got sidetracked. So, as far as I can tell it does nothing.

@Defender: It might. I know there's been a lot of work with Mono and XAudio2 but haven't played with this type of setup. At the very least you'll see smaller memory requirements when you run the game because of its use of 32-bit data types instead of 64-bit types.

2019-09-03 20:29:37

Just updated TDV to version 2.42.

2019-09-04 10:51:02

hi...
this error happens when i want to load my saved file.
Error log, created with build version 2.42.0.0:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TDV.Missile.lockOn(Projector target) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\w_Missile.cs:line 37
   at TDV.Weapons.use() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Weapons.cs:line 573
   at TDV.WeaponsHolder.activate() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\WeaponsHolder.cs:line 32
Error Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at TDV.Missile.lockOn(Projector target) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\w_Missile.cs:line 37
   at TDV.Weapons.use() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Weapons.cs:line 573
   at TDV.WeaponsHolder.activate() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\WeaponsHolder.cs:line 32

The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see true colours of everyone you cared for.

2019-09-07 18:05:11

Updated to 2.43

2019-09-08 14:25:34 (edited by claudiogaranzini 2019-09-08 18:29:29)

Hi all! Just found a bug; When using a screen reader in TDV, specifically NVDA but it happens also with the SAPI voices, when landing or lowering the altitude and trying to know the nose angle, the game crashes; I suspect it is because the numbers are negative and the game doesn't hadle them correctly; I'm redownloading the last version from scratch to test if this is a bug or my pc just doesn't read correctly.

Claudio

2019-09-08 14:40:05

there is a problem with the lts system. whenever player fire their first lts to the target and after using cruise missile, and whenever player want to uses lts again to another targets, it didn't work anymore. so for example, the first lts is to target sam battery, and use cruise missile on it, after it got blow up, the second target, guard tower, player try to use lts on it, it didn't work.

2019-09-08 15:17:22

Hello,

I have found an issue when trying to Play the first brawl Scene after destroying the airbase. When the fight should start, I hear no Sound at all. I can view my and the opponent's health just fine, but I don't hear anything else. Can anyone help?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-09-08 23:37:13 (edited by jack 2019-09-08 23:42:51)

@Juliantheaudiogamer: I'm having that same issue, and the fight is also going off with invisible TRask pwning invisible Chase one-sidedly, and when Chase K O's, it plays the scene while crashing the game and claiming an error log has been generated.
Looks like the error is because we're missing a file.
Error log, created with build version 2.43.0.0:
Error base exception: System.ArgumentException: The sound s\n\ns\-.wav could not be found.
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.LoadSound(String FileName, XAudio2 device, Boolean notificationsSupport) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 85
   at TDV.SelfVoice.NLS(String sFilename, Boolean NWait, Int64 TheRate) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\SelfVoice.cs:line 245
Error Description: The sound s\n\ns\-.wav could not be found.
Stack trace:    at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.LoadSound(String FileName, XAudio2 device, Boolean notificationsSupport) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 85
   at TDV.SelfVoice.NLS(String sFilename, Boolean NWait, Int64 TheRate) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\SelfVoice.cs:line 245

2019-09-10 21:23:43

Updated to 2.44

2019-09-11 07:18:03 (edited by jack 2019-09-11 07:18:24)

Works great. Just beat the game again. For some reason, after I landed on the carrier during the third Brutus fight (apparently he totally understands if you need to take a piss before the fight) and the reo said, "Nice one!" right after we took off. Now that's classic.
Lol!

2019-09-11 10:31:36

Great works as allways; thanks for the update!

Claudio

2019-09-12 19:41:03

You're welcome smile! And thanks for your patience as I go through and sort out issues with XAudio. You guys have all been really good about reporting issues, but hopefully now that @Jack can beat it again that means that it's good to go for the most part? big_smile

2019-09-12 21:03:37

the lts still a problem? when you tag the first object and use cruise missile on it and when you want to tag second object the weapon won't work anymore, is this the bug?

2019-09-12 22:06:09

Possibly. You're not wasting presses, are you? I.e, you're getting a solid lock tone and hitting the lts button once. And what's your fuel at the time? I'm having this same issue and we never had it in previous versions. I do know that some balancing optimizations were made concerning the cruise missiles, i.e so that they don't take Brutus out in one go.

2019-09-13 05:35:47

Hi, when I run the game, it prompts me to download the latest version of directx.
But I obviously have installed the latest version of directx, the game still prompted me to download the latest version of directx, what should I do?

2019-09-13 09:59:55

hey. i have a question. is there a way i can asign  admins on the server without accessing the console?