2019-07-31 05:04:58

Viralite learns Soul Ripper, and Dormanoid may as well, though that might just be the gift one. I feel like there's something else which does as well. Actually, Aerial Vision+Soul Ripper is a pretty mean combo; of course, Viralite is dead if it's hit, so it's another failed gimmick, but yeah.

And please don't pass out the BTSync key or whatever to that folder with manamon sounds. I guess we can't destroy it now that it exists, but it really...shouldn't exist. Those sounds are not ours to redistribute.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-07-31 05:31:16

Pandorbit as well

2019-08-02 17:13:21

just because i said the thing about coppyright dosent meen the coppyright is gon, as long as the coppyright is still there you cant clone or steal sounds, if youd whanted to code your own manamon game it would be better if you could just create it from your own code

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-08-03 03:45:07

And, ahem, it would also be a whole lot better if you 1. didn't call it Manamon, 2. didn't refer to manamon, 3. didn't obviously rip off Manamon and 4. definitely used your own code.

I mean, if you want to create a monster-capturing game in the vein of pokemon, it'd be awfully hard to nail you on a technicality given the way we reacted to Manamon as a community. But if you want to do it, do your own thing instead of piggybacking a pre-existing game.

2019-08-03 14:52:45

But manamon is very close to pokemon. Only 2 reasons he got away with it: 1; its a mainstream game but inaccessible. So now that there is an accessible one, this community has a reference to target the new game saying, we already have this. 2; no person or organization filed copyright on pokemon. Its a small community. If it was not, it would have likely been stepping on the trademark

2019-08-03 17:16:39

Given the staggering amount of similarity to pokemon (I've addressed this in other posts), I'm actually very surprised Nintendo/Gamefreak have never chased this. There's borrowing a concept, and then there's lifting most of a concept wholesale straight from another game, and in my opinion, Manamon does more of the latter than the former. I have little to no problem with the former, since most games do it to one extent or another.

2019-08-03 21:56:05

I have no problem, Nintendo didn't lose any money and people who wouldn't be able to play got to play smile

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2019-08-03 22:00:35

Does ELbon (sorry if that's spelled wrong) the magical variant of Muttmo, get any powerful magic moves besides magic wave?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-08-05 02:40:20

Elvond, with a v, not a b. But I think it gets TriBeam and Magic Wave, and that's it. TriBeam's not too bad, though it has an accuracy penalty and sometimes only hits once and is thus stupidly weak. More balance issues. Bleh.

Also...regarding the person who said that it's okay because it's only Nintendo/Aaron was just trying to let people who otherwise wouldn't be able to play pokemon do so?
Uh, no, that is precisely -not what he was trying to do. I could borrow a friend's DS, GBA or whatnot and even straight-up buy a second-hand pokemon game for approximately twenty dollars; Aaron's game costs more than twice that. Aaron also didn't just remake pokemon, though he came awfully close in a lot of ways; he made his own game, with heavy borrowing from a very well-known franchise, in order to fill a niche in the market. If all he'd wanted to do was make an old pokemon game accessible, aka Braillemon, then okay, you have an argument. That is absolutely not what happened though. The instant you borrow this heavily and then start trying to monetize it, you're eding into extremely iffy territory in my books.

If I write a book called The Five Halls of Argentio about a quest of three heroes who meet under unlikely circumstances, travel across the world and invade an enchanted castle, and then a few years later I see that you wrote a book called The Five Rooms of Arcenio with a very similar concept (naming, concepts, story progression, plot arc, even dialogue bits), you'd better believe I'd be pissed. Especially if your work wasn't just fanfiction (I care little about fanfiction, honestly). If you tried ripping off my book, or my piece of music, or my game, or my whatever, and I found out, and it was pretty damn obvious what you were doing, I would first probably ask you to demonetize the project, and then try and seek legal action against you. This is not because I'm a hard-nosed capitalist. I'm quite the opposite. It's because everyone deserves protection, or nobody does. It's just about that simple.

Aaron Baker does not get a free pass just because he scratched everybody's pokemon itch, guys.

2019-08-05 12:58:38

So of the five spells Elvon can learn, only two of those are magic? Why not add Meteor Rush or something like that? TriBeam, when I've seen other manamon use it, never really impressed me. Perhaps I'm missing something. And when does ELvon get triBeam? Mine is at level 51 and I still have just magic wave, all of the other moves it has are physical standard-type moves.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-08-05 18:50:43

Oh. I might be wrong then. If it's 51 and hasn't gotten TriBeam, it may never get that move.

Yeah. As for Elvond not getting the right sort of same-type attacks, or good moves in general? Get in line. lol I'd say well over half the manamon in the game have bad movesets.

2019-08-05 19:42:48

@34 I should've taken more time I guess, not to give the wrong impression.
I got to play Braillemon and even supported the project but, it's not even complete yet. And, even though it's playable there are parts that are hard even with prior sighted knowledge.
The price is high but wanting to play something of the sort and hearing so much about it I finally paid for it.
Finally, there was a lot of work put into the game and I'm enjoying it!
So, to me this means, this is an exception and no one forced me to make the purchase. I'm also glad I don't have buyer's remorse.
P.S. noticed the Manamon was completed and supported

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2019-08-05 22:52:40

It was completed because the storyline was prewritten... by Nintendo. I don’t know what braillemon is, but it sounds like an already existing game being modified. So that means trying to think of an original idea not done before, modifying a game to be accessible. Hard work to plan how to do it and also to emplament it. Assuming I am correct about braillemon

2019-08-05 23:19:33

do you think a huge company called nintendo going to chase aaron do to cloning the idea of pokemon, lol i bet they evin dont know about it eather

2019-08-06 03:00:55

Do you think a well-known author who found out their book was plagiarized would chase an indy author who ripped them off really blatantly? Guess what? It happens. Ditto with music artists, painters, sculptors, all sorts of art. Nintendo may not chase them, but if they avoided it, it wouldn't be because they don't care; it would be because they'd be afraid of the media twisting it way, way out of shape.
Manamon did engender a ton of hard work. There was a lot of original (if weird) character design, and the writing of the code, script and all that probably took a lot of time. I won't take that away from Aaron. The game was solid and relatively bug-free, and the sound design was good. It was rare that people broke their games due to bugs or issues. So fine. He worked hard. But he also hugely borrowed from a popular franchise, and instead of just saying "here guys, this is what it's like to play pokemon", he turned arouna dnc charged near the price of a console game, even though he didn't have a graphics budget and used many sounds and music under a GPL which, as far as I know, means he neither had to pay any composers for them nor any royalties on game sales. So his budget wasn't nearly as big, but neither was the amount he needed in order to break even either. And again, huge borrowing. I could go through it in detail, but I've done it elsewhere. I am quite sure that if one of Nintendo's lawyers was consulted about this, it would absolutely count as plagiarism.

2019-08-06 04:24:18

Has he even called it a clone himself? Or has he all this time been trying to call it Manamon without including the name Pokemon anywhere? Here's his page description on the game.

VGStorm would like to welcome you to the world of Manamon!
Manamon is a turnbased roleplaying game in which you capture various feral monsters you find around the world and use them to help you complete the storyline.
It features experimental online gameplay which will allow you to trade and battle your friends to determine which of you is the stronger Manamon Tamer.

Doesn't mention Pokemon anywhere. Also, I find it very suspicious that there were 158 original pokemon. And if you read the list of features in Manamon...
158 Manamon Creatures to discover, capture, and fight against.

Ok, let's look at the manual now. Maybe he mentions pokemon in there to save his ass.

8. Credits
Game designed and programmed by Aaron Baker.
Minigames by Aaron Baker and Damien Pendleton.
Creature design by Aaron Baker, Damien Pendleton, and Sean Legett.
Sound design by Aaron Baker and Damien Pendleton.
Piano samples from Salamander Grand Piano by Alexander Holm under the CC By license.
Music by Damien Pendleton, Kristofer Eng, Andre Louis, TeknoAXE, JewelBeat and the Audio Network.
Some songs used from Incompetech.com, by Kevin Macleod under the creative commons 3.0 license.
List of used songs follows:
• Itty bitty 8bit
• Neowestern
• Wizardtorium
• Spring Thaw
Manual written by Damien Pendleton and proof-read by Aaron Baker.
Special thanks to the beta team (Damien Pendleton, Mike Breedlove, Jordan Verner, Yukio Nozawa, Martin Sutton, and Ryan Conroy).

9. Conclusion
We sincerely hope you enjoy this game. To contact us, purchase the full version, or see what other titles we have to offer, please visit our website.
Copyright 2016, VGStorm.

Still don't see any reference to pokemon. Aaron Baker, it's no wonder why somone wouldn't want to pay for the game. I think it's an awesome game, but quality does not beat honesty.

2019-08-06 06:48:33

Well, while it's hot, let's point some stuff out.

1. Original pokemon game has 151, not 158, but that's not a huge difference.
2. Shared types. Standard (normal), flame (fire), water, plant (grass), insect (bug), ice, dragon, ghost, steel, earth (ground), stone (rock), magic (psychic), fighting, electric, air (flying), poison. Pokémon has the fairy type for itself. Manamon has the undead and holy types. That's...pretty much it when it comes down to type differences. The rest are cut from the same cloth and share most of the same interactions. So sixteen of seventeen types are borrowed almost straight from pokemon. If this was just earth/water/air/fire/spirit/light/dark/whatever, then whatever, but it's not. Sorry, you don't get a free pass just because you call a dark type a shadow type, or a grass type a plant type.
2. Tamers vs. trainers. Stadiums vs. gyms, with puzzles/challenges in each. You earn keys/badges to prove you're the very best like no one ever was. Each stadium/gym has a leader with a particular gimmick as well as at least one underling in most cases who espouse one type in particular.
3. You have a friendly rival (like the newer games). You get an electronic gismo that records creature data when you encounter them, including where it was encountered and a description. You catch with nets or balls, and better nets/balls yield better catch rate. The combat mechanics are similar, albeit slightly different in each franchise; I'll give Manamon a little credit here, since a 6 vs. 6 battle is kind of nuts and it pulled it off. Also tri typing, which was also handled with a fair degree of grace. Equippable items. Super-effective vs. not-very-effective attacks. The game plays almost exactly like pokemon, with the differences being pretty skin-deep.
4. Manamon hotel/pokemon center. Evil organization bent on taking over the world...uh, just because? Mythicals/legendaries.
5. A lot of pokemon games have the first "dungeon" area in a forest. This game is no different. Not a big deal, but kinda stands for all the rest.
6. Literally dozens of moves with names taken straight from pokemon or borrowed heavily in functionality.

Yeah, I dunno, folks. I'm just scratching the surface here, and I don't think anyone can try and claim this game is not plagiarism in its truest sense. The more I see, and the more time I've spent with this game, the clearer it all gets. If you read a book or article and then submitted an essay that borrowed this heavily from something, and you didn't cite sources (or hell, even if you did), you'd probably be nailed for academic dishonesty. And what is it called when we do that and try to charge money for it, especially when the source material is not part of the public domain?

2019-08-06 07:01:57 (edited by tayo.bethel 2019-08-06 07:11:18)

If I go to the move tutor's house, could he teach Elvonany new moves, or just moves that he may have forgotten. Also, I transformed Muttmoas soon as I got it, which was at level twenty. That may have something to do with it.

As for the plagiarism charge ...

Care and breeding of monsters is in the hands of preteen children. Check. Boy-girl rivalry. Check. Defeat stadium leaders. Check. Capture legendaries, ahem, excuse me, mythicals, check. Defeat an incompetently evil organization with a cliche boss. Check. And this is just on the writing side of things. A good writer could have done so much with a new world to build up, rather than borrowing so heavily from an existing franchise. I'm not trying to denigrate the game, I'm playing as I write this, but I'm also an avid reader who enjoys original worldbuilding and strong characters. Cliche bosses, characters with nonsensical motives for their actions, these things make me wince.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2019-08-06 11:39:19

Go back to the move tutor and see what Elvond can learn. It's possible he can learn Tri-Beam earlier than level 20, although I doubt it.

I personally always bred Mutmo and got one with good stats, then transformed it at level 1 into Elvond so it got the proper stat distribution. On the other hand, though, for Blaizond I waited all the way till level 49, left it a Mutmo till it got Slash, since Blaizond is undoubtedly the best of the Mutmo trio.
Speaking of Mutmo, he may as well be Eevee, but at least Aaron didn't go with fire-water-electric; he went magic-shadow-flame, for some reason.
I think for me, the greatest outrage, so to speak, was finding the poster in the arcade which led to the rocket hideout (ahem, the shadow warrior's underground, or whatever it's called). For the uninitiated, this is exactly what you do near the midpoint of the first generation of pokemon games; you go into Celadon's game corner, tear down a poster, and *gasp!* there's a way to a Team rocket dungeon. And see, in that dungeon, you get a useful item; in this area, you get...a whole bunch of goodies if you know ehre to look, but otherwise nothing. Basically it's a way to artificially inflate the plot. Yavin wants you to come by and meet him there, so you plough through all the fights (including the scaled ones at each door), play the recycled mini-games at each door, navigate the couple of puzzles, fight Yavin, and then...go right back to the jungle, which is mysteriously wide open now. This is, IMHO, lazy writing at its best. Conveniently locked areas - and by extension, conveniently -unlocked areas - are a feature that's very common in this game, unfortunately, and this one really smarts because it's initiated by some extremely blatant pokemon homage.

And that's the other thing. Some people are going to say that this is a loving homage. Fine, okay. I like some homages, as they're often better than the original and often prove how much a person loved a franchise. But these usually don't cost money and usually don't make the creator any sort of profit, because that's called plagiarism, and you don't get a free pass just because you hit the nostalgia button.

I'm sure some people will think I'm being too hard on the game, or on its creator, but that's cool. Go on and think it at this point. I've played the game over a dozen times to see what's what. I've written a guide for it. I've also played over half a dozen mainstream pokemon games, and have generally been a pretty big pokemon fan for the last fifteen years or so. Each time a new generation came out, I found myself asking if it might be playable. My interest in obtaining and playing new pokemon games is less now, but I still love the strategy the franchise has become famous for.

2019-08-06 14:36:13

Continuing on the bashing tain...

Getting thrown off a volcano into a beach. Not even going to try with logic there.

Not getting the police involved with the Rhena girl. Smart Decision manamon trainer. You are so selfish on your journey to becoming the master that you false sympathy for this girl, and even say, I will prove to you that you can do what you want, by defeating your father. Because war is the answer to everything. Fun fact that war happened to be with the religion leader, therefore influencing religion starting wars and influencing murder of creatures. Fuck you religion!

At the beach there is a high maximum security factory. But you can still walk up to it without getting gunned down? They think as long as he can't get in, no security needed, yet it's the most secret base of operations? Ok, ignoring logic again.

And let's totally ignore how Octorous was able to use 9 manamon against you in a battle, and even if you won the same outcome happened, and by some luck he dropped one of his manamon. You have encounted this guy like 6 times, and you didn't stop to think, hey, there's a dangerous guy around this country, let's report him to police...

Another thing I don't understand. How did the organization know Melony existed and what was the purpose of taking her? Oh, and while we are talking about siblings, what the fuck is the deal with your mom fucking Octorous? The fuck? Have you ever seen a single movie where the good guy and bad guy have a mom who fucked on both sides? And where is she in all of this? Now I need to know! It's been awhile since I've played, maybe they did mention her whereabouts or if she was dead. Just Octorous, leave the grandma alone! I don't even want to know her history of sex! Leave me out of it, don't tell me that story!

One last complaint. Some of the maps are just like pokemon red and blue. Haven't played those games but several people I know have and they have told me they have noticed it.

That's all my bashing, let's end this with 3 things I like about this game that made it stand out.

Full party brawls. As Jade said, going against 5 or 6 manamon at once can be a challenge. I fell like the 3 biggest challenges were at the top of the volcano, near the top of the Tangerian tower, and near the top of shadow kingdom. Those battles were epic!

The traps in the game are cool. There are so many different kinds. Electricity, fire, lasers, guards, and even time limits to different areas. I really like that. The time limits make the game much more interesting.

The sound design and the music. Aaron Baker likes good sound design, and he does it well. And the music... He is one of the best people when it comes to music in his games. He puts a large variety, many different styles, and even has music change during cut scenes which not a lot of audio game developers do. He skills with an rpg game are really good. Well the writing portion not so much. I mean in Paladin of the sky, they are 20 feet away from a gun. Somehow at the last second Ross manages to shield Shuana and make them both doge. I learned in forensics that bullets travel 1200 feet per second, some guns even faster. You are 20 feet away. That's bareally a hundreth of a second to dodge, and he helped someone dodge, by moving in front of them. Completely ridiculous. On top of that, Simon gets shot in the shoulder and survives like nothing happened to him. What the hell man. Twenty feet away will kill no matter what part of the body was shot!

That's my rant about manamon and then Paladin of the sky. A lot for Paladin, but this is a manamon topic.

2019-08-06 15:20:15

Here's my closure for the beaten dead game. We all knew it was plagiarism from the first day. So here is my question to the 2016 forum moderators.

Why did you let such activity as this one occur? Why was nothing done about this game being sold at a high price and being claimed as "original work"? No one told Aaron, hey dude, this is plagiarism. It's not right. Before you can release this game you have to admit that it is a clone and lower the price.

Here's why this bothers me so much. We are a small community. And sometimes sighted game developers take a look at this forum to see how they can assist this community, or if this community will benefit and if they will benefit from accessibility in their game. So they come here and they see Manamon. They see 3 clones of tk, although the mods are cracking down on that issue, but cloning is still a hot persuit. They will see things like Manamon, plagiarism from a sighted game, and arrogance and money hungry so far that they claim it is original work. This is damaging to our reputation, majorly! So I don't understand why the forum, both mods and users in 2016 didn't tell Aaron he needed to fix some shit before he could release the game. I sincerely hope that the forum in 2019 will take better care of what is being distributed among the community. Maybe my hopes are too high. But we can not let another plagiarism like Manamon take place, no matter how good the quality is. Our reputation would be at risk for any sighted developer who finds it.

2019-08-06 16:16:57

In 2016, manamon came kind of out of nowhere. Very few people knew it existed. Then it did exist, and everyone (self included, I'll admit) went a little nuts for three weeks or so. If you want proof, just dig up the original thread where Aaron announced it. That thread was cray-cray. It really did a good job at scratching the pokemon itch, and some of the rip-off quality was not really apparent till we gave ourselves time to step back.
But have you noticed that Aaron is virtually gone now? He didn't take well when people began criticizing him, for this reason and many others, and now he's virtually persona non gratta here. I mean yes, he's got a job now, I think, or is going to college full-time...and good for him. Honestly, I want to see people succeed. But the plagiarism in this game really hurt his credibility, in my opinion, and I see I'm not alone in that. Nevertheless, the variety of traps/environments, the good music choices/decent sound design, and the fact that gameplay itself is pretty tight and not too grievously broken is definitely in his favour. Every game of this type is going to have its warts, and that's fine, but at least it's not as if his balance was completely shot to hell. It was iffy, but it could stand up. If you did have a balanced team, you would probably pull through all right.

But for the sake of our collective sanity, let's not drag Paladin's story out into the light. Then we'd have to kill it with fire, because that game's story is so busted in so, so many ways.

2019-08-17 06:39:27 (edited by Dragons 2019-08-17 18:27:33)

I don't know anybody have this problem now. I play this game at least ten times. And I able to trade with myself just find until yesterday.

I am not  able to connect online and trade. When I get online it's says, "Unable to setup your wireless connection." Even Unnoned Gifts say that as well. Weired!! I also forgot to mention this. the VGStorm website isn't working either.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-08-17 08:02:01 (edited by Leonidas 2019-08-17 08:03:09)

haye, i have a question. how can i get Muttmo?

2019-08-17 11:39:39

Check out my guide. It will tell you how to get Muttmo. Or, you can use the search feature here on the forum. Guys, please learn to use the search feature.