2019-07-21 21:35:17

Hello everyone.
I love playing MUDS, but I've been searching for a specific feature in muds, playing as any class that can control minions, and the minions don't just disappear when you quit.
I wish I can find a mud where the minions tend to stay with you and level up and stuff.
any suggestions? and thanks, smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2019-07-22 00:23:00

Only one I can think of is lostsouls. There is a really steep learning curve to the mud though, so if you try it, good luck.

thanks,
Michael

2019-07-22 00:35:13

Pokemon fusion maybe? Never played it though but that one should be by nature.

2019-07-22 15:21:55

oh, lost souls. couldn't even figure out anything in that mud lol.
going to try out Pokemon fusion.
thanks for the suggestions, if you know of any other muds? send them my way smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2019-07-22 21:11:24

Okay there are several I can think of.
First and probably the closest to having minions who are customisable characters is flexible survival.
You can have mutant children in the game, provided of course you get pregnant (given the game's theme something that will happen). Your children are essential deployed as combat items, they can learn abilities and be set to different roles, and can level up and gain experience, and there are perks you can take directly connected to your offspring, EG perks that reduce the lag time in your own attacks caused by your children. Indeed, Flexible survival has one of the most unique and complex battle systems of any mud, and the children are just another aspect of that.

First thing of course, Flexible survival's theme is pretty adult, being an apocalyptic world full of sex crazed feral mutants, and though the mud  on the hole less extreme in its descriptions than the single player game, don't try it if you've got an issue with adult material.

Also, bare in mind to have children you need to get pregnant, which can occur with another pc or a monster or npc, however, pregnancies progress in real time days, so don't expect to get kids the second you start.

A more traditional option is erionmud. This has  familiars which work like extra npcs and fight along side you. Familiars grow, need healing, level up and can take damage, though only some classes have them and the maximum you can have is three, and that only by taking the archer's beastmaster subclass.

I also believe cosmic rage has drones which can do various things throughout the game, but that is a mud I need to check back to since its changed quite a deal I think since I last played.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-22 23:59:10

oh flexible survival. the joy of playing that mud, I love it.
but the combat was soooooooooo spammy last I checked, need to go there again.