2019-07-20 02:53:23

Has anyone played this? It's by the same people who brought us odinsphere and muramasa.

I'm currently playing this on my ps3 and made it through several missions. The dialogs and cutscenes are fully narrated like a real dnd campaign, and the gameplay is side scrolling hacknslash like capcom's dnd arcades. In instances where I need to hit a switch I just carefully click around the screen with the right stick and r3 and my partner will comment and activate it when its found. I just wish I knew what the menus were.

2019-07-20 03:20:19

I started this but never really got into it because of the afore-mentioned switches. Got through the first couple of stages but not far beyond that.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-07-20 04:01:18

Pretty disappointed their games are not on xbox.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-07-21 19:59:53

I tried Odinsphere and was interested in this game but the switch and door problem really turned me off from wanting to play the game because the thing I dislike the most is when you have to click switches and find doors.  It's cool that it's fully voiced though, just wish they had a demo to play to test the waters on it.

2019-07-21 20:44:11

I had the vita version of this somewhere, might grab the ps4 version when I get settled into my new place.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-07-21 21:25:59

I discovered that when you're in town, you can use the right stick to bring up key locations in a horizontal list so that you can just select it to go to it rather than manually walking to it and pressing up.

2019-07-22 08:31:00

@6, the locations are done by trial and error though, right? Unless until you talk to the coresponding npc?

2019-07-22 14:04:18

I think you have to move the clicker to a location first then click it, and fortunately there are 2 locations near the left most edge. That was actually how I managed to follow the fairy to the tower because I couldn't find it any other way at first. So out of frustration I started moving the clicker around and clicking randomly and discovered that.

2019-07-22 19:07:42

I have this for PS4. I can write up menus. They should be the same as the PS3, I would wager. I adore this game. Beat it with the wizard. Low vision but still had a lot of trouble with clicking on the stones or whatever  they are called, later on in the game. Did those parts by jumping in online co-op with a buddy.

Not sure how you would go about inventory management though. Picking the best equipment, etc.

I feel like completing SyQuest would be an issue as well unless you can somehow  OCR.

Another issue might be, with certain classes like the  wizard and sorceress, to do their spells you have to cycle through your inventory using the left and right buttons on the D pad,  and once you find it you either press up or down on the D pad to use that skill ...

I played with the wizard and I am going through the game again with the sorceress. I like these classes because I have trouble targeting enemies with melee classes  since you can move up and down on the foreground .  Especially with a lightning rod equipped, the magic users can jump and do a lightning attack that covers a wide radius...

It won’t be the easiest but I still think it’s doable, even without vision. Although you might need to join a party down the line ...  but I can’t say for sure.

I have to check but I think there might be a way to cheese equipping the best equipment.  I think the main issue would be side quests which are pretty key as they reward you skill points to be assigned in how you want to level up your character.  Although if you have any kind of OCR on your phone and can figure out which quests you have active, you could go online look up said quest, try to finish it, go back to the guild and see if it is completed.

Lastly, I am super busy with the current semester at school but it’s over in two weeks so if you’re interested, I can help out as much as possible then.  I’m always up for doing another run of the game, as well.

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2019-07-22 19:20:28

Awesome! Would greatly appreciate the help in menu guides and whatever else is handy.

2024-03-27 15:39:19

Bringing this topic back since I thought this'd be better than creating a new one... Dragon's Crown pro is free for ps+ premium, so I thought I'd download it and give it a shot! What are tips people have for playing this, especially navigating the town and stages? As I've mentioned elsewhere, I haven't really played this since the original ps3 version which I put down after a while.

2024-03-27 15:49:50

Well, I've played it to the end of the first book. I need sighted assistance maybe two times as there's a bit of platforming here and there. Also which is so sad you can't say what entrance you are next to so it is a bit harder to know where you are entering. Probably it can be memorised. So sad the entrances don't have any signs like letters / numbers when next to it so OCR is not reading anything there.

I remember my biggest issue was to use the teleporters in some areas. It is kinda weird system so I never know where I will land.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2024-03-27 19:15:28

That's good to know. Any tips on audio cues and navigating the world?

2024-03-27 19:57:40

I believe you can sort of fast travel in town using the map, as I remember. I never made it very far though, was too busy with 13 Sentinels and so on.

2024-03-27 22:24:25

The onlu cues I am aware of are the for items around. SO sad they removed the one for doors / entrances so now just hold up when going right so you will stop at every entrance. Interact button is X and this is kinda bad as in towns it is used for interacting with NPCs but also you are jumping.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2024-03-28 01:37:08

I don't find navigating the dungeon to be a problem at least for early game. I'm not at the rune part yet so not sure about that one. Also, I still don't know how to assign item shortcuts and I really, really want that. It's the only way for me to heal or switch something mid fight so I don't die, but I don't know how. i'm using rpcs3 to play.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-04-10 22:54:26

Does anyone know what to do after the narrator tells you you've found the bones of a missing adventurer? I've tried scanning around with right stick to see if Ranny will do anything there, and even spamming l1 like crazy, there seems to be no luck getting him to interact with anything. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

2024-04-11 00:31:41

Be careful with guiding Ranny. You can't be too fast or you'll miss doors and chest stuff. Also, try moving to different points on the screen and he'll move after you, allowing interactions with parts of the screen in your range. That's the first area of the game yet. There's no platforming. There will be later, from the lab onward, and opening doors tend to be trickier. I still haven't tried runes so I don't know how it works.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-04-11 00:42:15

So the secret here sems to be move slowly with right stick and spam the l1 button, right? This is going to be a long trek... lol

2024-04-11 00:55:48

Move your char. Move the right stick and not just left and right but also up and down too, and spam until you get it. You can be slow if you want, or can be fast and hope you hit something.

2024-04-11 20:01:58

Yeah.. definitely not getting this. I guess I should ask. When I find the bones, do I have to interact with them with x, or is Ranny supposed to do something with them? Not sure why this section is giving me such a hard time... lol. Pretty sure this was as far as I got originally too when the game first came out.

2024-04-11 21:30:23

You get it automatically. Just get back to the quester and that's pretty much it. But for story though, you have to go all the way in. There's also a door to another quest in the area you have to reenter later, and an endgame puzzle some place near that door.

2024-04-11 22:43:16

What? I get it automatically? It doesn't seem like I can leave the area, though.

2024-04-11 23:23:17

You can't until you go all the way to the end and defeat the dungeon that way.

2024-04-12 06:14:51

Right... so I do need to proceed. Guess I just need to keep clicking until I find the door then?