2019-07-20 00:47:41

Hi there,
So I am considering making one or two very simple apps for IOS.
For example, one might be a very simple clock.
Another might be an app that receives notifications and pushes them to your screen.
I realise this has been done before, and the products above would merely be for personal use.
The problem is I'm not sure where to start.
Should I use xcode? Is xcode accessible?
Any tips, getting started ideas, and the like would be greatly appreciated.
Nate

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-07-20 02:03:16

I've seen most iOS development in C#, though C/C++ and swift are also used. Not sure about xcode's accessibility, though it does seem to have an [accessibility inspector] feature built in, it would be especially ironic though if the inspector and xcode itself were not accessible. If your more of the Python bent you could also try [Kivy] which seems to hook in with xcode, but that might not be as straight forward as you'd like.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-07-20 09:42:46 (edited by pauliyobo 2019-07-20 09:43:34)

as far as i know kivy's witdgets are not accessible. however, I don't know if kivy has accessible widgets.

Paul

2019-07-20 09:53:05

Wait for iOS 13 and swift ui. Heard its accessible

2019-07-20 16:40:24

The accessibility inspector is for checking the accessibility of your app and UI elements.
Xcode is accessible if a bit tedious. VoiceOver + j is your friend.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2019-07-21 02:49:47

Hi there.
Thanks for the tips.
I've grabbed me visual studeo, so I'll pick up c# in a day or two and try and run with it.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!