2019-07-09 00:31:33

@100, I can't stop laughing.
You've spent the last two or three days tearing into people for doing something illegal that they're doing because they think it shouldn't be illegal, and now you come here saying this other thing that is illegal shouldn't be illegal and is totally fine to do.
Just find it hilarious how you don't see the flaw here.

Thumbs up +3

2019-07-09 01:31:23 (edited by Ethin 2019-07-09 01:45:40)

@101, I never said anything about region locking, now did I? I certainly can see the flaw. I said things about pirating movies. Bypassing region locking and purchasing the AD is legally obtaining the movie. Hence, no piracy. Happy that I made you laugh, but hey, great way of entirely missing my point... eh? big_smile
If you have any other alternatives that are 100-percent legal and are available to everyone, please share. A VPN is the only thing that comes to mind that allows you to legally acquire content, even if acquiring it is borderline illegal.
Finally, I was harping on people for doing it on the forum just as pretty much everyone else bar a few were. Even Jadea dmits that he does some illegal things off-forum. Everyone does. Hell, there are some ultra-obscure laws practically everywhere that no one even knows about or, if they do, they don't get enforced. You probably break most of them every day without knowing.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 01:45:06

It's not legal though. If you use a VPN to say that your in the states to get access to US netflicks, you're still breaking the law and if companies had their way you'd still be locked in prison for ever.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 01:47:54 (edited by Ethin 2019-07-09 01:48:41)

@103, right. But that's the brilliance of VPNs -- its hard to detect that your on a VPN unless:
1) your ISP tracks all packets sent from your computer and has tools like wireshark at their disposal; or
2) someone hacks your router and is able to track all packets sent from the network.
There are probably other ways I don't know of. But those are the two ways I know of to detect a VPN. 99 percent of the time it won't be noticeable. also, I edited post 102. So big companies who can't get their way will have no idea your not from the US and your actually in Germany. Its probably the closest thing you have to a "legal" way of obtaining AD.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 01:47:57

straight from the netflicks terms of service, I garintee you that most companies are exactly the same.
You may view a movie or TV show through the Netflix service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such movie or TV show. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location. Netflix will use technologies to verify your geographic location.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 01:49:32 (edited by Ethin 2019-07-09 01:52:17)

@105, yes. But the most they can do is geolocation. I have experience with that and can say that geolocation is wildly inaccurate. (They could also ask your browser for its location, but if your smart, you'll block it.) Ad if your on a VPN, it will give the location of the VPN server, not your actual location. Not sure about the browser location though, which is why you should block it.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 02:16:56

doesn't stop it being illegal, which is my point.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 02:30:11

@107, and I get your point. But my point is just as valid, so its a kinda stailmate of sorts.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 05:42:37

grryfindore wrote:

and really if the admins/ moderators had asked me to remove the direct links from the bmmv topic, and just keep the link to the homepage there, I would have been very happy to comply.

This is by far the most worrying thing I have read onto the topic, which kind of disturbs me a bit. And I would agree with the sentiment here. Simply locking the topic, or a topic, whatever one that might have been without a reasonable basis, for example, a report or a request posted elsewhere... is at best, a hasty attempt. I think this has been talked about before but things are not having an outlook for change anyway.

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 08:33:29

I take what I read on TorrentFreak with a grain of salt, so why am I bringing them up?

There was an article on there, not sure how long it has been now talking about HBO canseling accounts that were using a proxy or a VPN to access their service.

These customers were willing to pay for the service, but because they couldn't get it in their country, they had to resort to a VPN to gain access.

Netflix on the otherhand sees you're attempting to use a VPN, but instead of canseling your account, they block you from using a proxy or VPN, but not only that, but sometimes if you're lucky enough, that movie or show you tried to watch may end up on your local Netflix.

I've recently noticed this with a TV show called Glee.

So sometimes, it does pay off, either that or Netflix is monitoring  my searches, which can be a little creepy, but if it ends up with good results in the long run, then it's obviously working for them.

Thumbs up

2019-07-11 06:15:04

Hi,
Another update
I have started working on a forum, but if it turns out to be too much hassel, we will go with google groups. easier that way. Looking at a forum software as that seems to have the most votes.
Should also start adding news and such to the website itself, but it lacks interactivity which we had on the forum here, but at least it will keep people up to date.
Cheers.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-07-11 09:40:10 (edited by defender 2019-07-11 09:40:42)

Well, though I can't promise it will last through the month, you could always use Mason's forum as a temporary discussion spot until you get something of your own set up, as it's aloud in his rules.

Buy the worlds greatest machine gun. It's about 50 inches in length, It's huge! & it can shoot really far, &, it's cheap!
Lets demonstrate this: stand still Thom...
Okay ma.aaa!
Oh! crap!

Thumbs up

2019-07-11 12:57:06

hi.
I like the new featured list on the website. It's so cool!

:)

Thumbs up +1