2019-06-29 22:03:03

I honestly am willing to give him another shot. Especially because he didn't change litterally one line, lol.

Ty

Thumbs up

2019-06-29 22:37:36

22. Good. Make a game by yourself all the way. Make something original and actually learn to code. You will do yourself and the community a favor by learning to do it right.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my space bar. Prepare to die!

http://l-works.net

2019-06-29 23:00:44

then again, did this guy make anything original? as i can remember, i read a topic about zombie areena, then a hole bunch of stuff came out that was the exact same thing. so i don't know. people seem to have lost there originality.

Thumbs up

2019-06-29 23:20:54

Hi Guys.
I'm very disapointed of this People who say so much critical Things.
It can't happen, that a Fresh and Maybe a bit unexperienced developer gets such a Smash out.
I totally agree with the People who say that they'll give him a second Chance. Because it's very unfair, I think, if a developer, who only wants to release a Maybe cool game, (I don't know because the File link was wrong), anyway. I can't believe that he gets such an asskick from the half comunity because of previous clone Projects.
And let us just realize that:
1. Zombie Arena was Open-Sourced
2. That Mason hasn't anything against that new release
And 3. If the dev of the new game would call this all himselfes source Code, I would agree with you.
So I can't understand These People who are saying: "Oh damn fucker, that's stolen source Code! Oh no!".
So please think About that.

Dennis

2019-06-30 09:05:41

Can't I even download the game?

Thumbs up

2019-06-30 16:28:43

The file is missing, lol.

Ty

Thumbs up

2019-07-01 13:48:16

Ty wrote:

The file is missing, lol.

Yeah, properly because of all the negative comments. People just got what they asked for.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

2019-07-01 14:19:18 (edited by SkyLord 2019-07-01 14:52:00)

wow, what a f*cking good reception we have here!
People, i'm amazed by your ignorance and arrogance, especially master of death impressed me(I didn't mean to do a personal attack at you).
While we should not be greatful for every game that gets released, it's true, but in the last days, i see that what ever gets released gets such a bashing, battering and beating that a developer that releases the game loses all his motivation to develope anything at all! While i my self maybe bashed some game not so long ago, i don't remember exactly what game it was.
You know, i'm trying to stand aside from those clony drama conflicts and such, but this surprised me so much.
I know bopitmaster released glass breaker, ultimate destruction and something else saying that it's completely his game, and he eventually got a warning, after what he promised to change.
Then, he releases world of the zombies, and people, without eeven trying it out, start to bash him, shouting: hey guy, fuck you with your stupid game, go away!
I agree with the following posts: @10 and @15. Finally someone here who understands that a newbie developer needs to learn how to code, and what if he uses an open sourced game? mason said nothing about that it couldn't be used, and you still bash the dev. I agree he released the game a little too early, but he's heading in the right direction! no?
You people expect too much, and if that will continue eventually no one will develope nothing.
Don't think you will always get high quality games. And no, i'm not defending echos from levia or however it's spelled.
I didn't want to offend anyone i'm sorry if i did, and basicly this was just a small opinion about what's happening in the last days/weeks/months. Sure, someone might disagree and i fully understand those who does.
Again, i hope i offended no one.

flawless victory!

2019-07-01 15:00:27 (edited by defender 2019-07-01 15:09:07)

I think people are just tired and fed up of low effort games to be honest, but some just join the hate train because they want a human punching bag that the rest of the community gives them a temporary free pass to use.
They just like wading into drama head first and throwing jabs left and right, regardless of the original argument, and usually do to some stupid off forum personal fude.
But I'm not even seeing much of that here, so not sure what all the fuss is about really.  I see far more posts bitching about people bitching than I do ones that are actually bitching at the OP.

We had like three crappy zombie arena spinoffs in the not so recent past, and since he said lots of things were changed, but really not many were at all, and the original source isn't even that good anyway, plus the concept is massively overused, yeah, I kinda get it.
I don't think most people were that nasty here, just dismissive and not welcoming, and it's hard to blame them.

I think some degree of gatekeeping is reasonable, lest we end up with 90% total crap for new releases, but it's a balance between that, and shooting down new devs who start out with simplistic titles, which is something that PB Games, Dragonapps, L-works, BPC Programs, BSC Games, , Mason Armstrong, Sam Tupy, Morokuma, and others all did, and those are just the ones who released their early projects to the public.  Who knows about all the unreleased prototypes and sudo games.

However when most new developers feel the pressure to show off and prove them selves by releasing something, anything as soon as possible no matter how bad or unoriginal it is, and keep the same username after getting busted for stolen sourcecode, despite the community making it very clear how much we don't want that and the dev room being right friggin there, it's unsurprising that they get a cold reception.

I'm not suggesting that kicking them while they are down or going out of one's way to get personal and nasty is okay, but negative feedback is still valid feedback, and people should be aloud to express how they feel about it in my opinion, even if it isn't that constructive, since this is after all the new releases room and allot of these things barely count as new.

I mean how else is someone going to know that they need to change what they are doing, if all they get are a bunch of fluffy white lyes and kids who don't care what it is as long as they can shoot/stab something heaping praise upon them?
I think that, since we've made it so clear that things like this aren't welcome here, at least as new releases, we shouldn't be expected to continually hold their hand and walk them through the concept.

But this falls on the mods to make firmer rules around what goes in the Dev room and what can go in the New Releases room, as well, and though this has been talked about before, nothing has been done still.

Buy the worlds greatest machine gun. It's about 50 inches in length, It's huge! & it can shoot really far, &, it's cheap!
Lets demonstrate this: stand still Thom...
Okay ma.aaa!
Oh! crap!

Thumbs up

2019-07-01 17:05:46

Sorry evryone for this:
Out of this whole negative possitive argument, can anyone help me get the game?

Thumbs up

2019-07-01 21:16:48

I was wondering the same thing. I want to at least give it a try.

Ty

Thumbs up

2019-07-01 23:52:49

Need link. *grunts*

see ya later. Hope you don't fall off a roof.

Thumbs up

2019-07-02 01:11:13

Yea, we expect too much, we are so negative because we are tired of stupid and simple sidescrollers and because new devs never heard of internal private testing? This is the kind of stuff you call  alpha, not finished, not ready for public and so on. It's not the kind of stuff you post to impress others. Even  if I ignore this guy's past completely, what's the point? When you base the game on another source, you have to make a lot of changes before you post it. Before that, you invite testers to help you, then you can release the game. People need to stop getting excited because they change a few lines, add a feature and are like oh hey this is ready for posting now. No it's not. Did you ever see a successful developer starting out like that? Everybody can do this while learning programming, but there is no need to post this publicly. @22 if you are so easily offended, then perhaps development is indeed not for you, because it is not just coding. These guys who are like oh be positive give him a chance probably never developed something outside of the blind community. If you did, you would know that people wont give you a chance, they will write honestly about your program. If it's garbage, it's garbage. If it's excellent, it's excellent. Imagine yourself developing audio games in this small community, and one day you develop a general purpose program and post it publicly. If you are used to this forum, you will expect much more positive feedback, and when you don't get it you will no longer be motivated to develop. This is why I believe everybody's honest opinions about a game should be accepted. Not everybody can develop. It takes a huge amount of patience.

Thumbs up +1

2019-07-02 04:00:28

Yeah, agree with 38.
If you change a couple lines, and aren't sure what to do after that, get some testers. Or if you are going to add more, don't release it yet, ask for a beta team to help you.

Ty

Thumbs up

2019-07-02 10:14:17

and we don't know what's in this game we need link.
I said in post 19 it cause, yeah audiogame's game, world of zombies had a few levels, hazards, new weapons, and it was so fun for playing.

you can contact me with email: [email protected], or you can find me in quentine sceenes playroom named gamer2004

Thumbs up

2019-07-02 16:55:12

Yeah probably need to just test it before I release it. and the link was wrong because aparrently, the place where I uploaded the game didn't keep the game so it all died. but when I release it, it will have new things. new weapons, all that. so stay tuned to this topic to see when it gets released. this concept demmo is old anyway. i'm kinda glad the link doesn't work because there were some things that were buggy, like some maps had no sources or step sounds, all the levels were not in the menu, etc. so yeah, stay tuned for 1.0

I like bop it.

Thumbs up

2019-07-02 17:24:43

And if you need a beta team, I'll gladdly help.

Ty

Thumbs up

2019-07-02 19:42:02

ok if you need beta help i'm here

you can contact me with email: [email protected], or you can find me in quentine sceenes playroom named gamer2004

Thumbs up

2019-07-02 20:33:05

I'm waiting for the game's release.
I'm so excited.

Thumbs up

2019-07-04 05:40:59

Hi, after clicking the link, it says file not found

Thumbs up

2019-07-04 06:53:45

Since yall like to see the game, I will still be posting news about it. Here is the changelog: new in private beta0.5
Added a minigame! More to come. The minigame is buggy though.
new in private beta0.4
Added a bunch of food and a new weapon
new in private beta0.3
Added some new weapons and a logo
Removed the registration system because I couldn't get it to work like I wanted it to
new in private beta0.2
Added a kind of generic registration system. I wasn't gonna jump in just yet, so I added a menu-based system
new in private beta0.1
Redid a lot of things and aded a level systemPm me if you want to beta test the game. Don't know how I'll do the beta testing but will try. so yeah, that's an update since all the people want the link. Some notes: The official release will come out in a few weeks. That is an estimated time. The current minigame is a game where you spawn enemies and kill them. but I will fix it to where they spawn. So yeah, again pm me if you want to beta test. That's it.

I like bop it.

Thumbs up +1

2019-07-10 19:01:34

Okay, I replied to everyone that wanted to beta test the game

I like bop it.

Thumbs up

2019-07-12 14:42:08

Hi. I know bopitmaster in person. And I have to say, that he is learning bgt. Also, don't be all mean to him because he is developing games out of games. I know, people might call him a cloner, but by doing that, you are probably making him feel bad. And then he won't make any new games. Sorry if I caused drama in the forum, but I'm out for now

Thumbs up

2019-07-12 16:37:31

There is nothing wrong with using a project to learn. In fact, that is how I got started. What people don’t like is you using that framework, barely changing a thing, swapping sounds, and releasing it under a different name.  In this case, different levels do not help to make the game yours. Anyone could’ve done that, the source code provides you with clear functionality to do so.

Coding is not hard. No, not at all.
What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.
This is what truly takes a large amount of effort on a developer's part.

Thumbs up

2019-07-13 03:21:21 (edited by Ty 2019-07-13 03:22:11)

I as well started programming using open sourced things. I still haven't released anything because, one, I haven't finished any of my projects, and i want to make my project different, much different, from the project it was based on, and  i'm just lazy, big_smile

Ty

Thumbs up