2019-06-22 03:45:02 (edited by leoguima 2019-06-23 04:14:07)

Hey, guys! All right with you?
I am a programmer and I installed JAWS to test with java (since I was having problems with NVDA)
I installed the demo version to really test the new features of the program. even because I do not understand anything about JAWS.
installation completed, I tested what I had to test in java. everything worked properly.
I decided to create a document in Word to compare the performance of both screen readers.
I use here the office 365 pro plus in the latest version. fully activated by my university.
when I run word with JAWS 2019, I get a screen with two buttons. cancel and minimize.
I used OCR and got the message that the word is loading. after 5 seconds the program shuts randomly.
I find this very strange. I thought it was my computer.
I closed JAWS and opened NVDA and executed word again. the program opened as usual ...
in my last test, I left word and NVDA open. I started JAWS and I want you to try to guess what happened ...
microsoft word closes as soon as JAWS has run.
in short: JAWS does not work with office 365 pro plus. we are talking about a program with an estimated value of USD $ 1100.
I really get very upset about these findings.
it's just me or you too?
I would like to know if it is a problem that someone has already passed or it is just me that I do not get along with the most expensive screen reader in the world.

UPDATE
guys, I was able to solve the problem.
I went into the JAWS settings and disabled the video intercept driver.
After that, I uninstalled the video intercept from the windows control panel.
I rebooted my computer and office 365 started running with JAWS open.
I believe it is a lack of compatibility of recent microsoft programs with JAWS native video intercept driver.
mystery has been solved!
now if someone has the same problem I had, we already know how to fix

Many thanks to all who tried to help me in some way.

2019-06-22 04:07:23

I'm running JAWS 2019 with Office 365 Pro with no issues at all.

2019-06-22 04:17:11 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2022-02-20 15:21:37)

JAWS' price annoys lots of us too. But I've never heard of the issues you're having with Word. Then again, I use NVDA to do all of my work, and have not touched jaws for the better part of three years.

Funnily enough, by using JAWS for testing, you're violating Freedom Scientific's license agreement, which is ridiculous!

Also, in my experience, Java is a pain when it comes to accessibility.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-06-22 09:26:55

I also use Jaws with Office 365, and it works OK.
Jaws is my new main screenreader!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-06-22 12:36:47

Hmm. I can't imagine why it would be doing that either. When I open Word with JAWS, it puts me in that document template thing with empty document. something isn't playing nice on your machine.

2019-06-22 14:02:13

Try checkign the office crash logs.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-06-23 00:46:54 (edited by defender 2019-06-24 00:08:29)

Maybe switch your active capture method within JAWS?  It's got it's access driver (formerly called video intercept) but then it also has the newer method which I forget the name of.  You should find it in settings center but, I forget the name of the setting as well, sorry...

2019-06-23 04:07:33

guys, I was able to solve the problem.
I went into the JAWS settings and disabled the video intercept driver.
After that, I uninstalled the video intercept from the windows control panel.
I rebooted my computer and office 365 started running with JAWS open.
I believe it is a lack of compatibility of recent microsoft programs with JAWS native video intercept driver.
mystery has been solved!
now if someone has the same problem I had, we already know how to fix

2019-06-23 05:21:17

This is why FS needs to [stop!] shipping old, 20-year-out-of-date drivrs with their products.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-23 08:15:00 (edited by defender 2019-06-23 08:16:16)

Yep that was it, glad you found it.
And thanks for updating your post title to say the issue has been solved, I really wish people would do that more around here...

2019-06-23 11:59:30

Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture? I have that one on and word still works fine. Weird. At least I think that's the right one. I don't see anything called video intercept in settings.

2019-06-23 20:09:20

Hey, this is actually pretty cool. I'm glad to know someone else saw improvements in JAWS after removing the access driver. Hopefully one day they'll just stop installing the driver altogether. Maybe when they stop supporting Windows 7 that will happen.

Also seconded re: changing the subject line. That's really considerate of you.