2019-06-21 01:04:19

Hello all,

I'm trying to help a friend install VB Cable. I connect to her computer using NVDA Remote. When I run the installer, using NVDA object navigation to click the install text does absolutely nothing. I've tried moving the mouse and double clicking, but nothing. I've even had her click the left mouse button to see if it will take mouse clicks, but nothing. There are no other windows open, yet the installation seems to be blocked. Any ideas? The computer is an HP EliteBook 8460p running 64-bit Windows 10 Professional build 17134.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-06-21 01:27:52

Are you sure there is no install button?
The text and the button could be two different things.
also make sure that after clicking the install text/button, you give it a minute, then check to see if any other windows have popped up, but not had their focus moved to them

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-06-21 01:37:45

No other windows pop up. It's supposed to immediately change when you use NVDA+Enter to activate the install text. There isn't a button, or at least not one that can be navigated to and activated with the keyboard. I'm guessing it's some weird graphical label? I haven't run into this, so could it be something blocking it?

2019-06-21 01:43:27

Alas, I admit I didn't hit this issue.
Could it be that specific instal file? I'm clutching at straws by this point.
It could be being blocked, I suppose, but surely an error would pop up?
sorry I can't be of better help

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-06-21 03:02:44 (edited by Chris 2019-06-21 03:13:08)

Downloading a fresh copy of the installer did nothing. At this point, I have no idea. I don't get any error messages or anything like that. I think the Windows installation might be wonky, but I don't want to mess with anything on that computer unless I know what I'm doing and i have a good hunch it would fix it. I've literally never experienced this before. Does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas?

2019-06-22 21:52:23

hi. I also tried downloading vb cable and when i press enter on the setup file, nothing at all happens. There's not even a windows that pops up or anything.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-06-23 18:11:16

where could i download it?

2019-06-24 18:08:02

I'd recommend using vac, not vbc, as i have had no problems with it, but i did with VB.
HTH.