2019-06-20 12:45:53

hi all baseball fans. I've just played MLB 08 on the PSP, playing the road to the show mode. so far, the mode is pretty accessible, even more accessible if you use an OCR on an emulator.
I have 2 questions here:
1. has anyone tried playing this mode?
2. I've just completed the spring training sections, although I lose some of the matches. suddenly, my player has been assigned to a contract to san fransisco giants for 190000$ for 1 year. I've accepted the offer however when I choose schedule it doesn't work. do I need to select advance season to continue the game?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-06-20 12:54:37

Hi.

I think you need to choose a calender date when you click that option, at leased it was like this in the training mode. How bad is the lag when hitting the ball actually? I tried an MLB game for the PS2 and it was pritty bad.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-20 13:33:52

@simba, choosing a calender date doesn't work after I sign a contract. instead, in the main road to the show menu, there is a new option that let me advance to the 2008 season. pressing this option shows a popup weather you want to advance or not. if you click yes, you can select a date in the calender like normal, but you'll play the minor league first, but sadly you are not using a team that you've selected before starting road to the show, instead your player will be chosen to a minor league team.
about hitting the ball, I'm not experiencing any lag at all, it worked just fine.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2019-06-20 16:54:07

WHICH WOULD YOU SAY IS THE BEST MLB GAME TO GET IF i WAS TO GET ONE?

2019-06-20 17:17:10

The older mlb titles are accessible, such as mlb 08. The newer ones are becoming unplayable because there is no fielding assist and there is no sound when someone throws the ball to the batter

2019-06-20 17:25:30

I'm not sure. With sports games, I hate the old ones since they're so out of date with the current season. The show 19 in particular has a March to October mode and a pretty cool, and very long, franchise mode. It is hard to bat in the latest installments though because of realism. You can't hear when the pitch is on the way anymore to accurately time your swing. Unless I'm missing something.

2019-06-21 12:34:25

a question, how did you guys prevent the opponent from stealing a base? at some points in road to the show, whenever I got in to an inning where I need to prevent the opponent from scoring a run or obtaining a base hit, I sometimes got to a situation where the pitcher steals the second base, however I foften failed at this part. sometimes I can't prevent the throw, but other times the opponent successfully steals the base and sometimes a run scores.

2019-06-23 12:08:02

Hi.
Hanif, I will try my hand at this and report back if possible. I suppose you used ppsspp for the emulation? How good does OCR work with the games interface? I suppose there is player customisation going on when creating the road to the show character.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-23 13:34:58

never mine, I've passed the signing contract thing, now I am at the minor league season.
for the emulation, the OCR is pretty accurate. I've managed to do everything with it using OCR from setting the music, turning on adaptive pitching and auto fielding, to customizing my player in road to the show.
the way the OCR works is when you perform it using cloud OCR or using the built in windows 10 OCR for NVDA, when in a menu it displays around 5 or 6 items. then at the end you can check the status on that menu slider, for example if you are in the auto fielding option, at first you'll see it's turned off. if you change the slider using the left or right arrow and perform the OCR again, when you use the review cursor keys to see the OCR results, scroll it until you hear auto fielding then move the review cursor to the bottom then you'll hear that the option is changed to assist.

2019-06-23 16:27:38

Ok thanks, will check it out when the folder has synced.

Just need to find out how to set up my game pad there. Have you changed any settings in the emulator regarding lag? I know that you said that there was none, but did you make any setting changes regarding that?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-23 19:03:38

Hi.

wow, I am surprised how good the OCR works in the game.

Problem is, I can't seam to create a character for road to the show.
I went to game modes, clicked on carrier, and on road to the show. i created a character and after that selected my team, but I directly landed in spring training with the yankees, not in minor leagues or something like that.

Is there another option I need to choose which I have not seen?

Also, I really have trouble hitting fast balls. As I suspected, there is an amound of lag which makes it almost impossible to hit fastballs. any hints on what I could do?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-23 20:10:18

for the spring training, in that section you'll train with all the major league players, then if you managed to complete all of the training games you'll be asked to sign a contract to the team that you've chosen after creating your character in road to the show. if you accepted the contract, you can't play any game when you select the schedule option. to fix this, select end spring training then you'll be asked if you want to advance to the 2008 season or not. press the X button to confirm, then you can play the game normally. from this point, you'll be selected to the minor league season, I think this one is random. in my career my player is in conneticut defenders. I just need to complete some more games before I join the major league with san fransisco giants.
for hitting the ball, it's all about timing. sometimes it will work, sometimes not. my advice is try to use a save state before the pitcher throws a ball to the batter. if you can't hit it, load back your save state and try again.

2019-06-23 20:42:19

Hi.

Oh ok, because I was confused that there are are multiple options in the carier mode menu, that threw me off a bit, oCR isn't that helpfull in the menu as well.

Also, stupid questions, but how do you set up safe states again? I can't seam to find those in the options menu or hotkeys anywhere.

They should be pritty helpfull so you can for example let a ball fly by and if it's a strike, return to the last safe state or if it was a ball, stay there and wait for the next pitch.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-23 22:07:25

press F2 to save the game in a current slot, press F4 to load it. if you want to change the save slots press the F3 key.
also, an advice: after each match, you can use OCR to look at your play performance, also you can see how mutch training points you've earned. this way, you can spend the points in the training options in the career home screen. to do that, press X to dismiss the stats screen, then press X again to bring up an options in which you can select a game from a calender, change options, go to the career menu, ETC. at that menu, go down twice to career, then press X. then go down 3 times to go to training, then select which one would you like to spend your points at. to assign a training point, press X, then you'll be told how many points that you want to spend, the minimal points required for all of the training is 40 points. to set the atributes, press left or right to increase or decrease the points, then press X to assign it.
another advice: don't try to quit the emulator while your save state is in the middle of the game. if you do, the emulator will stop working after the whole inning is ended. if you want to quit the emulator, I recommend you to save the game at the menu before the game starts.

2019-06-24 22:01:26

Hi.

wow thanks, oh boy, I surely haven't played that game in a while.

How is the game with the consistency actually? I remember that in mlb 06, the focus in the calendar view wasn't always on the next game, but somewhere randomly in the list so you for example simmed some games till the game you clicked on came up.

Also, if I see this right, when I click a game in the calendar, I get some options, sim to date, sim to next appearance or sim season or spring training.

The last option is clear, it sims a hole spring training or season, but what do the others do and which one do I need to choose?
I played a bit and I think I received a player of the game award, although I amn not interily sure on that one,  might have been a different one who scored a home run.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-24 23:47:50

First off, when you select a game on the calender it’s usually placed at the current date. Once you’ve selected a date from the calender, you have 4 options. To play, select sim to next appearance, the other options in the menu displays the game’s highlight.
About player of the game award, it’s random. In spring training parts, you won’t be able to get a home run, but you can do that in the actual season.
Back to the schedule, sometimes when you select a date, you’ll be dropped to the final inning of the game with random stuff. Sometimes you have to make 1 hit to score the winning run, catch the opponent’s ball to prevent it from scoring a run, or your team and the opponent’s team has a tied score and you have to win it.
Finally, another advice: after each game, try checking the locker room in case the GM sends an email about your game performance, also you have to check the interaction screen, especially in actual seasons you have to try asking your GM about a position change, about the team performance, etc. however, don’t try to select retire because it will instantly end your career

2019-06-24 23:52:11

Hi.

Ah thanks, I actually accidentally skipped spring training and am now with the smokys, i think it's. I haven't checked the locker room really, thanks for the hint.

With the safe states this actually is awesome, you can try out stuff and revert back to an earlier safe if something goes haywire.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-25 14:00:43

Hi.

I am actually curious, is there a way how we can do base running and fielding in the road to the show? I have the auto running and fielding enabled, or does that only count for AI players here?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-25 15:44:24

In road to the show, you can’t do both auto fielding and base running, the AI will automatically do that. Also, for some reason you can’t play the full game, in certain times the game will move you to a random half of an inning.
Also i’m a bit curious, is the season mode similar to road to the show?

2019-06-25 15:50:21

Hi.

I suppose it will move you to the innings in which you take a certain role, for example when you have to batt or are in a situation where you could act.

The season mode is played with the hole team, you can choose though if you want to have a shortened season or the full 162 game one.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-25 18:35:27

In season mode, is it possible to check the team’s advancement goals, going in to the locker room, and other things that you can do in road to the show?

2019-06-25 20:31:27

Hi.

I yet haven't played around in season mode, back in the day when I had the game for my psp, I tried the season mode, but always had a problem when saving, so I couldn't really progress. I tell you what I can find out.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-27 22:49:29

Hi.

Well, it doesn't seam that you are moving automatically. for example when I am on base and the batter after me hits the ball for a base hit, I always get tagged out. I think you have to do something manually, problem is that I don't know the controls.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-28 00:53:57

I also got tagged out sometimes but it’s a bit random for me

2019-06-28 11:20:30

Hi.

Hmm, that's  strange, I get tagged all the time, even if the ball is hit far out and everyone could run at leased two bases, I am still tossed out. I checked in the settings of the main game if auto base running is on, and it actually is.

Could it be that my guy isn't trained enough?

Greetings Moritz.