2019-06-20 11:03:01

Mark Gabriel's Testimony
https://www.arabicbible.com/testimonial … imony.html

2019-06-20 13:22:33

Greetings all. I will post here what Mark Gabriel wrote. In the next post, I'll tell you what I think of Mark's testimony. Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

Mark Gabriel wrote:

Mark Gabriel's Testimony (Islam)
The Story of M A Gabriel
The former professor of Islamic history at Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
Disillusioned at Al-Azhar
Fifteen years ago I was the imam of a mosque in the city of Giza, Egypt, which is where the famous Egyptian pyramids are located. (Imam of a mosque is a position similar to pastor of a Christian church.) I preached the message of the week on Fridays from 12 to 1 in the afternoon, as well as performed other duties.
One Friday the topic of my message was jihad. I told the two hundred fifty people seated on the ground before me: Jihad in Islam is defending the Islamic nation and Islam against the attacks of the enemies. Islam is a religion of peace and only will fight against one who fights it. These infidels, heathens, perverts, Christians and Allah’s grievers, the Jews, out of envy of peaceful Islam and its prophet—they spread the myth that Islam is promulgated by the sword and violence. These infidels, the accusers of Islam, do not acknowledge Allah’s words. At this point I quoted from the Quran: And do not kill anyone whose killing Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause. —Surah 17:33, The Noble Quran When I spoke these words, I was just freshly graduated from Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt —the oldest and most prestigious Islamic university in the world. It serves as the spiritual authority for Islam worldwide. I was teaching at the university, and I was an imam on the weekend at this mosque.
I preached my sermon on jihad that day according to the philosophy of the Egyptian government. Al-Azhar University focused us on the politically correct Islam and purposely overlooked areas of teaching that conflicted with the authority of Egypt . I was preaching what they taught me, but inside I was confused about the truth of Islam. But if I wanted to keep my job and my status at Al-Azhar, I needed to keep my thoughts to myself. After all, I knew what happened to people who differed from Al-Azhar’s agenda. They would be fired and would not be accepted to teach at any other university in the nation.
However, I knew that what I was teaching at the mosque and at Al-Azhar was not what I’d seen in the Quran, which I had memorized in its entirety by the age of twelve. What confused me the most was that I was told to preach about an Islam of love, kindness and forgiveness. At the same time, Muslim fundamentalists—the ones who were supposed to be practicing true Islam—were bombing churches and killing Christians.
At this time the jihad movement was very active in Egypt. Reports of bombings and attacks against Christians were common. It was such apart of everyday life that one time I heard a bomb go off at a church as I was riding the bus. I looked and saw a plume of smoke rising up a quarter mile away.
I had been raised in a family that was well established in Islam, and I had studied Islamic history. I was not involved in any radical groups. But one of my Muslim friends was a member of an Islamic group that was actively slaughtering Christians. Ironically, he was a chemistry student and had only recently become serious about his faith. Nevertheless, he was active in jihad. One day I asked him, “Why are you killing our neighbors and countrymen whom we grew up with?”
He was angry and astonished at my challenge. “Out of all Muslims you should know. The Christians did not accept the call of Islam, and they are not willing to pay us the jizyah (tax) to have the right to practice their beliefs. Therefore, the only option they have is the sword of Islamic law.”
Seeking the Truth
My conversations with him drove me to pour over the Quran and the books of the Islamic law, hoping to find something to contradict what he said. I couldn’t change the reality of what I read. As a Muslim, I realized I had two options:

I could continue to embrace the “Christianized” Islam—the Islam of peace, love, forgiveness and compassion, the Islam tailor-made to fit Egyptian government, politics and culture—thereby keeping my job and status.

I could become a member of the Islamic movement and embrace Islam according to the Quran and the teachings of Muhammad. Muhammad said, “I left you with something [the Quran]. If you hold on to what I left with you, you will not be led astray forever.”
Many times I tried to rationalize the kind of Islam I was practicing by saying to myself, well, you are not too far out. After all, there are verses in the Quran about love, peace, forgiveness and compassion. You only need to ignore the part about jihad and the killing of the non-Muslims. I went to every interpretation of the Quran trying to avoid jihad and killing non-Muslims, yet I kept finding support of the practice. The scholars agreed that Muslims should enforce jihad on infidels (those who reject Islam) and renegades (those who leave Islam). Yet jihad was not in harmony with other verses that spoke of living at peace with others. All the contradictions in the Quran were really causing a problem for my faith. I spent four years to earn my bachelor’s degree, graduating second out of a class of six thousand. Then there was another four years for my master’s and three more for my doctorate—all studying Islam. I knew the teachings well.
In one place alcohol was forbidden; in another it was allowed(compare Surah 5:90–91 with Surah 47:15). In one place it says Christians are very good people who love and worship one God, so you may be friends with them (Surah 2:62, 3:113–114). Then you find other verses that say Christians must convert, pay tax or be killed by the sword (Surah 9:29 ). The scholars had theological solutions to these problems, but I wondered how Allah, almighty and all powerful, could either contradict himself so much or change his mind so much.
Even the prophet of Islam, Muhammad, practiced his faith in ways that contradicted the Quran. The Quran said Muhammad was sent to show the mercy of God to the world. But he became a military dictator, attacking, killing and taking plunder to finance his empire. How is that showing mercy? Allah, the god revealed in the Quran, is not a loving father. It says that he desires to lead people astray (Surah 6:39 , 126). He does not help those who are led astray by him (Surah 30:29) and desires to use them to populate hell (Surah 32:13).
Islam is full of discrimination—against women, against non-Muslims, against Christians and most especially against Jews. Hatred is built in to the religion.
The history of Islam, which was my special area of study, could only be characterized as a river of blood.
Dangerous Questions
Finally, I reached the point where I was questioning the faith and the Quran with my students at the university. Some of them were members of terrorist movements, and they were enraged: “You can’t accuse Islam. What has happened to you? You have to teach us. You have to agree to Islam.” The university heard about it, and I was called in for a meeting in December 1991. To summarize the meeting, I told them what was in my heart: “I can no longer say that the Quran comes directly from heaven or from Allah. This cannot be the revelation of the true God.”
These were very blasphemous words, in their opinion. They spat in my face. One man cursed me, “You blasphemer. You bastard.” The university fired me and called the Egyptian secret police. The Secret Police Kidnapped Me to understand what happened next; you need to have a picture of how my family lived. My father had a very large home that was three stories tall. My whole family lived together in this house—my parents, my four married brothers with their families, my unmarried brother and myself. Only my sister lived elsewhere because she was married and lived with her husband. The house was divided into many apartments, and we were very comfortable. On the first floor were my parents’ apartment and an apartment I shared with my brother. On the floors above us were apartments for my other brothers. At three o’clock in the morning on the very same day that the university kicked me out, my father heard knocking at the door of our house. When he opened the door, fifteen to twenty men rushed in carrying Russian Kalashnikov assault weapons. They were not wearing uniforms, just regular clothes. They ran upstairs and all through the house, waking people up and looking for me. I think so many men came in at once so that I couldn’t run away before they found me.
They were all over the house before one of them found me asleep in my bed. My parents, brothers, spouses and children were awake, weeping and terrified, as they dragged me away. Everybody in the area heard the commotion.
I was taken to a place that looked like a prison and was placed in a cell. In the morning my parents frantically tried to figure out what had happened to me. Right away they went to the police station and demanded, “Where is our son?” But nobody knew anything about me. I was in the hands of the Egyptian secret police.
The Egyptian Prison
Spending time with the Egyptian secret police is much different than a visit to an American prison. They put me in a cell with two radical Muslims accused of committing terrorist acts. One was Palestinian and the other Egyptian.
For three days I was given no food or water. Every day the Egyptian man asked me, “Why are you here?” I refused to answer because I was afraid he would kill me if he knew that I had questioned Islam. On the third day, I told him I was a teacher at Al-Azhar University and an imam in Giza . Immediately he gave me a plastic bottle of water and some falafel and pita that were brought to him by his visitors, but he told me that the police had warned him not to give me anything. On the fourth day, the interrogation began. For the next four days the goal of the secret police was to make me confess that I had left Islam and to explain how it happened.
The interrogation began in a room with a large desk. My interrogator sat behind the desk, and I sat on the other side. Behind me were two or three police officers.
They were sure that I had been evangelized and converted to Christianity, so the interrogator kept badgering me, “What pastor did you talk to? What church have you been visiting? Why have you betrayed Islam?” He asked many questions. One time I hesitated too long when I answered. He nodded to the men behind me. They grabbed my hand and held it down on the desk. My interrogator held a lit cigarette. He reached over and extinguished it into the top of my hand. I still have this scar. I also have the scar on my lip where he did the same thing. Sometimes he used the cigarettes when he got angry; other times the officers just hit me across my face.
As my interrogation continued, the pressure grew stronger. One time they brought a fire poker into the room (the iron rod that you use to move burning wood in a fire). I wondered, what is that for? The next time the interrogator wanted to make his point, I found out. The poker was red hot, and one officer pressed it into the flesh of my left arm.
They wanted me to confess that I had been converted, but I said, “I didn’t betray Islam. I just said what I believe. I am an academic person. I am a thinker. I have a right to discuss any subject of Islam. This is part of my job and part of any academic life. I could not even dream of converting from Islam—it is my blood, my culture, my language, my family, my life. But if you accuse me of converting from Islam for what I say to you, then take me out of Islam. I don’t mind to be out of Islam.”
The Whip
My answer was not what they wanted to hear. I was taken to a room with a steel bed in it. They tied my feet to the foot of the bed and then put heavy stockings on them, almost like oven mitts.
One officer had a black whip, about four feet long, and he began whipping my feet. Another officer sat down next to me at the head of the bed with a pillow in his hands. When I cried out, he pushed the pillow into my face until I was quiet. I could not stop crying out, so a second officer came to put an extra pillow over my face.
As I was beaten I went unconscious, but when I woke up the officer was still whipping my feet. Then he stopped and they untied me, and one officer commanded, “Stand up.” I couldn’t at first, but he took the whip and beat my back until I stood.
Then he showed me a long passageway and said, “Run.” Again, when I couldn’t do it, he whipped my back until I ran down the passageway. When I got to the end, there was another officer waiting for me. He whipped me until I ran back to where I came from. They made me run back and forth. Later, I learned why they did that. The running was so that my feet wouldn’t swell. The stockings were so I wouldn’t have marks on my feet from the whipping. I assume the pillows were so nobody could hear my cries. Next I was taken to something that looked like a small, aboveground swimming pool. It was filled with ice-cold water. The officer with the whip said, “Get in,” so I got in. It was so cold that I tried to get out, but he whipped me every time I made a move.
I have low blood sugar, and it wasn’t very long before I passed out from the cold. When I woke up I was lying on my back in the bed where they whipped my feet, still in my wet clothes.
A Night in the Dark
One evening I was taken outside behind the building. I saw what looked like a small, concrete room with no windows or doors. The only opening was a skylight on the roof. They made me climb a ladder to the top and demanded, “Get in.” When I sat on the edge and put my feet down in the opening, I felt water. I could also see there was something swimming on the top of the water. This is my grave, I thought. They are going to kill me today. I slid down into the opening and felt the water rise up over my body, but then to my surprise I felt solid ground under my feet. The water only came up to my shoulders. Then rats, which were what I saw swimming in the water, started crawling all over my head and face. These rats had not been fed for a very long time. My interrogators were being clever. “This guy is a Muslim thinker,” they said, “so we will have the rats eat his head.” I was very scared for the first minute after they closed the skylight. They left me there all night and then came back the next morning to see if I were alive. When the skylight opened and I saw the sunlight, it was hope for me that I had survived and was still alive.
All that night not one rat bit me. They climbed all over my head and in my hair and played with my ears. One rat stood on my shoulders. I felt their mouths against my face, but it almost felt like kisses. I never felt a tooth. The rats were utterly faithful to me. Even today when I see a rat, I have a feeling of respect. I cannot explain why the rats behaved this way. Meeting with a Dear Friend The interrogation was not over. Later the officers took me to the door of a small room and said, “There is someone who loves you very much who wants to meet with you.” I asked, “Who is this?” I was hoping it was one of my family members or a friend to visit me or get me out of prison. They said, “You don’t know him, but he knows you.” They opened the door to the room, and inside I saw a big dog. There was nothing else in the room. Two people took me inside and then left me and shut the door. This was the first time my heart cried out. In my heart I cried to my Creator, You are my father, my God.You are to look after me. How can you leave me in these evil hands? I don’t know what these people are trying to do to me, but I know you will be with me and one day I will see you and meet you.
I walked to the middle of the empty room and slowly sat down cross-legged on the floor. The dog came and sat down in front of me. Minutes went by as this dog looked me over. I watched his eyes move from top to bottom over and over again. I went in my heart to prayer to the God I did not yet know. The dog got up and started walking in circles around me, liken animal about to eat something. Then he came to my right side and licked year with his tongue. He sat down by my right side and just stayed there. I was so exhausted. After he just sat there for a while, I fell asleep. When I woke up, the dog was in the corner of the room. He ran to me, as if to say good morning. Then he licked my right ear again and sat down again at my right side.
When the officers opened the door they saw me praying with the dog sitting next to me. I heard one say, “I can’t believe this man is a human being. This man is a devil—he’s Satan.” The other replied, “I don’t believe that. There is unseen power standing behind this man and protecting him.” “Which power? This man is an infidel. It’s got to be Satan because this man is against Allah.”
Someone watching over me they took me back to my cell. While I was gone, my Egyptian cellmate had asked the police, “Why are you persecuting this man?” They told him, “Because he is denying Islam.” That made my cellmate furious. As soon as I got back in the cell, he was ready to kill me. But I had only been in there fifteen to twenty minutes when a police officer came with transfer papers for this man and took him away. I had to ask myself, What is going on here? What power is protecting me? At that time, I did not know the answer. I did not spend much time wondering about it. In a short while my own transfer papers came through. I was to be taken to a permanent prison in southern Cairo . At this point I did not think that my interrogators were even human. I had been arrested for merely questioning Islam. Now my faith was really shaken. And I was on my way to another prison.
The next week I spent in a prison in southern Cairo . It was relatively relaxed time. God sent me a prison guard who did not agree with radical Islam. All during this time my family was trying to find out where I was. They had no success until my mother’s brother, who was a high-ranking member of the Egyptian Parliament, returned to the country after traveling overseas. My mother called him, sobbing, “For two weeks we have not known where our son is. He is gone.” My uncle had the connections that were needed. Fifteen days after I was kidnapped, he came to the prison personally with the release papers and took me home.
Later, the police gave my father this report: We have received a fax from Al-Azhar University accusing your son of leaving Islam, but after an interrogation of fifteen days, we found no evidence to support it. My father was relieved to hear this. Out of all my brothers and sisters, I was the only one who had studied Islam at the university, and he was very proud of me. He could not even imagine I would ever leave Islam, so he attributed the whole incident to a bad attitude toward my scholarship on the part of the people at the university.
“We don’t need them,” he said, and he asked me to start work immediately as a sales director for his factory. He owned a successful business that produced leather jackets and men’s and women’s clothing.
A Year without Faith
For one year I lived without any faith. I had no God to pray to, to call to, to live for. I believed in the existence of a God who was merciful and righteous, but I had no idea who He was. Was He the God of the Muslims, the Christians or the Jews? Or was He some animal—like the cow of the Hindus? I had no knowledge of how to find Him.
You have to understand that if a Muslim comes to the conclusion that Islam is not the truth and he has no religion to turn to, it is the most difficult time in his life. Faith is in the fabric of the life of a Middle Eastern person. He cannot imagine how to live without knowing his God. During this whole year, my physical body expressed the pain that was in my spirit. Though I had every material thing I needed, I was plagued with a deep tiredness from constantly trying to use my mind to figure out the identity of the true God. I suffered constantly from headaches. I went to a doctor who was a relative of the family. He did a scan of my brain, but heeded not find anything wrong. He prescribed some tablets that helped.
The Sermon on the Mount
I ended up visiting a nearby pharmacy one or two times a week for packets of tablets, getting a small number of tablets each time, hoping the headaches would just go away for good. After I had been coming for a while, the pharmacist asked me, “What is going on in your life?” I told her, “Nothing is going on. I have no complaint except for one thing: I am living without God. I don’t know who is my God, who created me and created the universe.”
She said, “But you were a professor at the most respected Islamic university in Egypt . Your family is very respected in the community.” “That is true,” I replied, “but I have discovered falsehoods in their teachings. I no longer believe my home and family are built on a foundation of truth. I had always clothed myself in the lies of Islam. Now I feel naked. How can I fill the emptiness in my heart? Please help me. ” “OK,” she said. “Today I will give you these tablets, and I will give you this book—the Bible. But please promise me not to take any tablets before you read something from this book.” I took the book home and opened it at random. My eyes fell on Matthew 5:38: You have heard that it was said, “Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.” But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
My whole body began trembling. I had studied the Quran my whole life—not once did I find words as inspiring as this. I had come face to face with the Lord Jesus Christ.
I lost all track of time. It felt as if I were sitting on a cloud above a hill, and in front of me was the greatest teacher in the universe telling me about the secrets of heaven and the heart of God. I could easily compare the Bible to what I had learned from my years of studying the Quran, and there was no doubt in my mind that I was finally encountering the true God. I was still reading in the early hours of the next day, and by dawn I gave my heart to Jesus.
Ambushed
I only told the pharmacist and his wife that I had accepted Jesus, but in Egypt, if anyone left Islam, it was automatically assumed that he had become a Christian and therefore must be killed. Because of this, fundamentalists sent two men to ambush me and kill me. It happened when I was walking home from visiting a friend. It was only a fifteen- or twenty-minute walk through Giza . I was on Tersae Street , near my home, when I saw two men standing in front of a grocery shop. They we redressed traditionally with the long, white robes, long beards and head coverings. I thought they were just customers. I never imagined they would do anything to me.
When I reached the shop, they stopped me, and then suddenly both pulled out knives and began trying to stab me. I had no weapon, and because it was a hot day, I was just wearing a T-shirt and pants. I put up my hands to protect myself. Again and again the blades struck me and cut my wrists. There were other people on the street, but no one helped me. They just gathered to watch. This was typical for those years. People would intervene if it was just a fistfight, but they wouldn’t get involved with knives. They also didn’t want to be in the way if someone pulled a gun. The first attacker was trying to stab my heart. He almost did it, but I moved. He missed by about five inches and got me in the shoulder instead. When he pulled the knife out, I remember looking down and seeing the blood come out in a stream.
I fell to the ground and just curled up in a little ball, trying to protect myself. Then the other attacker tried to stab me in the stomach, but the blade turned, and he stabbed me in the shin instead. By this time I had lost so much blood that I passed out. There was no hope for me until two police officers arrived on motorcycles and my attackers ran away. I was taken to the hospital and treated. In the hospital, the police asked if I knew why I was attacked. I said I did not. Again, my father rejected any evidence that I was abandoning Islam. He just could not think in those terms.
My Father Learns the Truth
I continued to work for my father and did not speak of my new faith. In fact, he sent me to South Africa in 1994 to explore business opportunities for him. While there, I spent three days with a Christian family from India .When we parted, they gave me a small cross on a necklace to wear. This small cross marked the turning point in my life. After a little more than a week, my father noticed the chain on my neck and became very upset because, according to Islamic culture, only women are allowed to wear jewelry around their necks. “Why do you wear this chain?” he demanded.
It seemed as if my tongue spoke on its own as I replied,” Father, this is not a chain. This is a cross. It represents Jesus, who died on a cross like this for me, for you and for everybody in the whole world. I received Jesus as my God and Savior, and I pray for you and for the rest of my family to also accept Jesus Christ as your Savior.”
First, my father fainted right there in the street. Some of my brothers rushed out to him, and my mother started crying in fear. I stayed with them as they bathed my father’s face with water. When he came to, he was so upset he could hardly speak, but he pointed at me. In a voice hoarse with rage he cried out, “Your brother is a convert. I must kill him today!”
Wherever he went, my father carried a gun under his arm on a leather strap. (Most wealthy people in Egypt carry guns.) He pulled out his gun and pointed it at me. I started running down the street, and as I dived around a corner, I heard the bullets whining past me. I kept running for my life.
Leaving My Home
Forever I ran to my sister’s house, which was about half a mile away. I asked her to help me get my passport, clothes and other documents from my father’s house. She wanted to know what was wrong, and I told her, “Father wants to kill me.” She wanted to know why, and I said, “I don’t know. You must ask Father.”
When I ran away, my father knew exactly where I was headed because my sister and I were very close, and her house was nearby. My father had walked to my sister’s house, and he arrived while she and I were talking. He banged on the door, crying with tears streaming down his face, “My daughter, please open the door.” Then he shouted, “Your brother is a convert! He has left the Islamic faith. I must kill him now!”
My sister opened the door and tried to calm him down. “Father, he is not here. Maybe he went to another place. Why don’t you go home and relax, and later we can talk about this as a family.” My sister had mercy on me and gathered my things from my parents’ house. She and my mother gave me some money, and I got in my car and drove away on the evening of August 28, 1994.
For three months I struggled to travel through Northern Egypt, Libya, Chad and Cameroon. I finally stopped in the Congo. At that point I had malaria. They found an Egyptian doctor to examine me. He said that I would be dead by morning, and they made arrangements to get a coffin from Congo ’s Egyptian embassy to send me back home.
To their shock, I woke up the next morning. I left the hospital after five days and started to tell people everywhere about what Jesus did for me.
Life as a Follower of Jesus
Ten years have gone by since I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Savior. He called me and gave me a personal relationship with Him—something that Islam never offered.
I have never stopped crying for my Muslim people, whom I left behind, asking the Lord to deliver them from the darkness of Islam. As you read the pages of this book, you will come to understand how great this darkness is. It is the teachings of Islam that have produced terrorists who seem capable of any kind of evil in the name of Allah. Now the whole world wants to understand what Islam teaches. A great amount of misinformation has been shared in the media and on the Internet. My goal is to help you see plainly why these people do what they do. I don’t want to motivate you to anger, however. I want to motivate you to believe—to believe for the fall of Islam and the release of its captives, in Jesus’ name.

2019-06-20 14:38:36 (edited by bashue 2019-06-20 15:03:39)

Greetings all. As promised, I give you my thoughts regarding this matter.

I was born and raised as a Muslim and for as long as I can remember, I've had doubts with the faith as a whole. I had no problems with accepting Allah Subahana Wataallah as the one true supreme sovereign creator/generator/destroyer/power, nor did I have any difficulty in accepting Muhammad as Allah's rasul meaning messenger and prophet. At the end of March of 2010, 2 Christian friends asked me to read and listen to the bible and encouraged me to embrace Jesus Christ. I must admit to being far more familiar with the inner workings of Christianity than I was with Islam due to my never being interested in Islam as a boy. For a while, I did embrace Christianity and even went to 2 churches; one was a Baptist church and another was All-Saints church that welcomed all Christians and even non-Christians. For a few months, I was at relative peace and that's when my life took a turn for the worse. Jehovah told me that Christianity wasn't my path either but adhering to the message as given unto us by Lord Jesus Christ was and is. Mother and Father were very upset with me and I must admit to enjoying making them suffer even though it resulted in my suffering. No, I should not have tried to play them at their own game and sully my own soul with darkness but when you've tasted power, it is very difficult to give it up. As a result, I had to say goodbye to Kaliani; an old woman who worked at all-saints who I loved very deeply and I did not forgive my parents until I embraced the path of peace and absolute pacifism. For 6 years I plotted and failed to get the 2 monkeys off my back and failed at each turn; I figured that if I made them suffer, I'd be free of them some day. Being tyrannical spread outward and nobody wanted to be around me; nobody who didn't already know me that is because even for the most radical, I was too wicked. I simply wanted an excuse to make as many people suffer as I could. I was sick of being controlled so I sought to control others. It all came to an ugly end in March of 2017 when Bradley Brown, Melissa and I were at Kentucky Fried Chicken and Melissa as arguing with Brad about Christianity. She was being domineering and he was defending himself. At that very instant, I had a very rude awakening. It was like looking into a mirror and I saw myself clearly for the first time. I was at whit's end and couldn't figure out where to turn or even who to turn to. By this time, I was doing Yoga and IT at the Christian Lattima Centre. I suddenly remembered something I'd long forgotten back in 2004 and once again, I went to the testament of truth. This time, I read all that my beloved mentor wrote and said the star prayers in earnest. I even spoke to Terence Malaher and his friend Charles Wudy until around June/July of last year. Now my life has improved as an absolute pacifist and I even have someone who I love with all that I am and infinitely more; Lisa Hudson who also loves me measure for measure.

I had to tell of that first because I needed to show you that religion does not automatically turn you into someone good, loving, kind, compassionate and merciful; I was a tyrant who needed a kick up the but in order to change for the better and that's exactly what Allah Jehovah God gave me. Jehovah also guided Mark via Christianity and he was a Muslim thinker. So, what do I think about Mark's testimony? I believe it to be heartfelt and true. I believe he is now a most excellent Christian and he may even embrace some aspects of pacifism. I on the other hand cannot be a Christian according to the bible, nor am I a Muslim according to the quran. In order for me to be a good Christian, I must be a good Muslim; for me to be a good Muslim, I must be a good Christian. In order for me to walk the path of peace AKA Islam, I must walk the path of perfection, Christianity; in order for me to walk the path of perfection AKA Christianity, I must walk the path of peace AKA Islam. That means, I've given up the ring of power and I've taken it off for good. I absolutely respect Mark for what he did and I also respect those who convert into Islam or any other faith that would ultimately lead one to adhere to Jehovah's command to only be loving and to only love. I also acknowledge that there is only 1 supreme sovereign law of karma that states, what so ever you do will be done unto you. I still have a lot to go through but one day, through non-retaliation, I will pay back to Jehovah, all the suffering I've caused and then be free of it forever. Lord Jesus Christ told us to turn the other cheek but not many follow that unfortunately and until April of 2017, I didn't follow it either. Mark on the other hand never raised a finger to hurt anyone in this lifetime and I know with absolute certainty that both Jehovah and Lord Jesus Christ are very pleased with him.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2019-06-20 16:17:04

Can we not put away these illusions and begin to seek the beauty and wonder of science and nature. I could not imagine a life with religion, and deeply fear the concept of eternaty, not because I, “sin”, but simply because I don’t want anything, peace nor torment, to last forever
I don’t think bad of religious people, but I think that religion is just untrue in every way, and have trouble figuring out how people believe so firmly without evidence.
That said, respect to those who seek peace, what ever it is that motivates you, everlasting life in heaven, because God says so, or like me, because it is the best thing for the entire human species.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2019-06-20 17:08:46

The bible has its dark passages too, it isn't as if the Quran is the only holy book that does. ALso I agree, religion has no place in my life.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-20 17:23:05

Greetings Mads.

To be honest with you, I'm not against science in any way what so ever, I'm only against ideologies that state that there is nothing beyond the reality in which we're living in. I'm also against ideologies that state that everything can be quantified because everything is finite. If everything is finite then some day, everything will decay and die. If the law of entropy is able to apply to the mind and if the mind is only the brain, doesn't that mean that I should be able to do what I like, when I like, regardless of whether or not my actions causes someone to get hurt? After all, I won't live for very long.

To my mind, both religion and science can walk hand in hand; religion tries to explain the what and science tries to explain the how. I know that to some, religion is simply nincompoop but that's because religion tries to delve into areas that science has not yet or cannot yet delve into. Spirituality on the other hand, embraces both equally and if you want proof, look to the noetic sciences.

I know that eternity is daunting for a lot of people but the beauty of eternity lye's in the fact that you have all of eternity to learn, grow, live and enjoying existence. For me, I'm very glad to know that after my body expires, I have someone to go home to; someone to love and that someone loves me in return. I may sound like a dreamer and it's true that I cannot defend my argument with evidence that everyone can believe in but it gives me a reason to change and be as good an individual as I can be.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah. Oh yes before I forget, you might want to check out science against evolution as it's a most excellent resource and web site.

2019-06-20 17:24:26

Gosh, these are the ramblings of a mad man. This puts even more fuel into the religious conflict which we already have, instead of dousing the flames, this text depicts the bible in the most holiest of lights while the Islam is depicted as only cruel and dark.
I don't know if you christian fucks even know that, but your bible has it's dark passages as well, that thing with discriminating wimmen, homosexuality and so on.
You want me to quote those for ya?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-20 17:26:36

Also, i find it hilarious that the two instances where he doesn't get attacked by the rats and the dog later on are somehow depicted as works of god, Jesus or what ever holy entity.

Animals have a very fine sense and they know if you are afraight of them. No animal is vicious from the beginning, they are what humans make them and if they would have wanted to kill the guy, they would have found a dog which would do the job.
So, no work of anything, just pure awesomeness of animals in general.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-20 17:27:17

Greetings ironcross32. I can definitely respect your point of view as well as those who share said viewpoint. Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2019-06-20 18:42:42

if your thinking that the edgipt  is living the islam, your dam rong, at least what i know.
and i want my 10 minutes back btw
if you want to learn about a religion, what ever it can be, Islam christianety or something else go check the books, not the people
people cant resemble their good and bad sides.
at least in not these days.
when the Quran and the hadith are clearly protecting the other people, lol this text is sort of redicolous sorry
also an explanation to the alkahol thing
yeah there are 3 verces about the alkahol
but the uran is a hole you cant examine it verce bye verce, you gottta consider the hole when reading it.
for the alkahol thing, see this
http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/alc … 1163).html

2019-06-20 19:09:24 (edited by Mads 2019-06-20 19:10:47)

@bashue
I just don’t get it. I don’t believe in anything beyond the physical. This means, that I understand and respect the far from permanent thing that is life. I don’t see how it anything but increases the value of each and every one of us. If you do believe, that we do have a soul, and that it goes to a better place if we have been good, then you would think sending people to heaven as early as possible would be a good thing, killing babies before they can sin even better.
We are a social species, and through evolution, we have gained a sense of what is right and wrong, and don’t give me antievolution bullshit, it isn’t even worth my time.
I don’t want to hurt people, and if you need anything but your sense of morality given to us by nature to justify that, then I am sorry to say that I think you should get some help.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2019-06-20 20:22:34

Greetings Mads.

I don't get it. The same argument can be made for evolution. If evolution was a perfect system then we wouldn't have had any Hitlers, Stalins or any other dictators. Is there a gene that determines evil? If so, where is it? If evil can be bread out then the military would shut down. Don't forget the horrors of the second world war where they tried to bread out certain traits and encourage the proliferation of others. Tampering with nature on a genetic level is just as dangerous as brainwashing people into becoming murderers for their countries and their leaders via propaganda and religion. I know this is rather a cheap shot at evolution and even scientists cannot prove beyond any shadow of doubt that evolution is a reliable theory; you are a proponent of the evolution theory, can you prove it to be completely reliable and sound? I know I cannot prove that there is indeed an afterlife nor can I prove beyond any shadow of doubt that God exists. I cannot prove that any given religion is true while others are false. I cannot prove that creation is a reliable and sound theory, nor can I prove that we derive comfort from the creation theory. Having said that, I don't dismiss evolution as a theory; I believe that creation and evolution go hand in hand.

2019-06-20 20:33:10

Hey now, science doesn't disprove that anything beyond the physical realm does not exist. Hell, the nature of the scientific method itself does not prove anything neither. Science just attempts to give explanation to anything we are capable of measuring, and is open to revision as technology and our understanding of the universe grows. Things that were considered accepted facts back then have been changed dramatically after more research and understanding. Our nonacceptance of the afterlife and anything that happens afterwards comes from the knowledge that we have no way of testing and measuring any of that stuff at the time being. We must determine it to be non-existent for the time being until evidence can be brought up to support or reject this theory.

And this is where science has issue with religion. Religion requires blind faith to whatever sacred entity they worship without evidence to support the existence of their god/goddess. Not helping is the fact that the god the major 3 religions worship can be considered the same being, further muddying the waters. For all we know, the great god and our creator is just the concept of probability (all worship the Random number God), and cultures just personified the act of creation. 'Less helpful is the method religions tend to use to show that their religion is the one true religion. Rather than civil academic and theological debate, and exemplifying the good nature of their worshippers to contribute to the world (which holy text do support), it's all political maneuvering, manipulation of worshippers and texts, and a good old crusade to kill the other side. One really can't say their religion is the right one if the rest were just removed from existence....

This is why I'm not faithful to a religion. The entire construct of religion has been interfered with heavily by human hands, yet we call it the work of god. God did not personally write the holy texts, but was put through a second party.  Second parties who may of had a chance to alter the message before writing it down. Heck, we see this obviously occurring with the story at the start, with the Egyptian government altering a version of religion that had a different interpretation of the holy texts. Is it not possible that the original books written by humans was also altered? Religions really don't have support in giving evidence this is the actual word of their deity without complete blind faith, and that type of manipulation is dangerous.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-06-20 20:49:43 (edited by Vazbol 2019-06-20 20:56:49)

bashue wrote:

Greetings Mads.

I don't get it. The same argument can be made for evolution. If evolution was a perfect system then we wouldn't have had any Hitlers, Stalins or any other dictators. Is there a gene that determines evil? If so, where is it? If evil can be bread out then the military would shut down. Don't forget the horrors of the second world war where they tried to bread out certain traits and encourage the proliferation of others. Tampering with nature on a genetic level is just as dangerous as brainwashing people into becoming murderers for their countries and their leaders via propaganda and religion. I know this is rather a cheap shot at evolution and even scientists cannot prove beyond any shadow of doubt that evolution is a reliable theory; you are a proponent of the evolution theory, can you prove it to be completely reliable and sound? I know I cannot prove that there is indeed an afterlife nor can I prove beyond any shadow of doubt that God exists. I cannot prove that any given religion is true while others are false. I cannot prove that creation is a reliable and sound theory, nor can I prove that we derive comfort from the creation theory. Having said that, I don't dismiss evolution as a theory; I believe that creation and evolution go hand in hand.

Science does not prove anything. We never say that science proves, we say the evidence supports or rejects the theory. Science is open to any changes once more information is discovered to add on to our previous understanding. In regards to evolution, there is enough evidence to support the theory for the time being, as basic genetics and controlled testing have shown this to be the case. When no one screws with experiments or observations of nature, the desired traits tend to linger and reproduce more, while lesser traits die or do not attract mates. Hell, many of our own bodily features, health issues and the like come from evolutionary traits that lingered on that did not match well with how we changed from simple creatures. Trying to apply evolution to humans is hard due to how badly we twisted the concept through that demon known as science and medicine. Further more, we have a more advanced form of socialization that is not likely to be found to the extent we have it in animals, allowing lesser traits to survive. A great irony of evolution. We use advancements in science to allow the people who should be dead to survive longer and thrive.

On evil, science has a theory on that through psychology and early child care. It does not exist. The concept of evil is a social construct for genetic traits and knowing how children work. In short, babies can be considered the spawn of satans if we apply our form of evil onto them. Positive traits are learned compared to baser  instincts of one's self. People are more likely to be evil and have to learn to be good. Rationalization and defense mechanisms are what we use to try to justify evil acts which our bodies considered normal, as in all honesty, your body only cares about itself. If you have not noticed, children are self centered, bratty and generally a pain when young. Parents have to teach their children concepts such as sharing, manors and to stop kicking little Jimmy off the slide. Parents can also exacerbate these traits, making them into unbearable and cruel monsters who never progressed farther from this stage. Of course, other cultural, social and mental factors can alter a person's behavior and disposition.

And amusingly enough, religion supports this idea in some interpretations. Why do you need a religion to be able to do good? If religion is needed to do good, then doesn't that mean the construct of evil is our base, and good has to be developed and learned? For your claim, those people you listed either never learned, or were incapable of learning (i.e mental disabilities that make it difficult to learn these concepts). There are entire fields in science dedicated to understanding why people tend to act a certain way that you can refer to in answering that question.

Tl-Dr: Science never claims to be perfect, religion does.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-06-20 21:05:59

Greetings Vasbol.

This is a very good answer. It's true that whatever religion you subscribe to does indeed require you to rely on faith. As for blind faith, I had to start out somewhere with a set of principals to test out in my daily life. I've been able to prove subjectively that God does indeed exist but I haven't been able to prove it objectively. There is no way for me to truly share my experiences with God and the supernatural in a manor that can prove beyond any shadow of doubt that such experiences are not simply figments of my imagination. If there was a way for me to do so then I would prove it objectively right now. So what are the set of principals that I applied in my every day life that proved to me personally that Jehovah is indeed real and that his/her law is a universal sovereign law? Every time I was tempted to retaliate in the face of adversity, 9 times out of 10 I didn't. For the most part, I kept my mouth shut whenever I felt tempted to cause someone pain due to the fact that it felt unfair that I went through something that upset me. In so doing, I felt a release deep within me and my burdens have lessened over time to the point that I very rarely lash out now. I did say that I couldn't prove anything objectively, I can only show via action that what I do works for me and if anyone is willing to test the theory of absolute pacifism, I guarantee that it works. You'll still feel tempted to do wrong and you'll still have to wrestle with feeling like people are just walking all over you but it will lessen over time until one day, you'll never be attacked again.

2019-06-20 21:48:47 (edited by Mads 2019-06-20 21:49:54)

Untill anyone shows me that anything “supernatural” exists, I will not accept that it is real. But, if it is shown to be real, I will gladly accept it, because science has the right mindset... don’t be loyal to your believes. This means that I can always change my mind if new evidence is found.
@bashue
You see, I would say that probably none of the great dictators were originally evil. I think that they became evil by being indoctrinated by their surroundings, in the same way that religion spreads, then they found likeminded people to strengthen their believes, again like some religious people do.
And no one claimbes that evolution is perfect in that sence. You know, evolution depends on everyone being a bit different than everybody else, so no, evolution will never create an unfailable human, nor is that what the theory predicts.
@vazbul
Quite nicely put there!
And as I said: untill evidence for the supernatural has been found, I won’t accept it as true, possible yes, but not something to believe in. The burden of proof has been, is and will always be on the believers.
Hmm... if the supernatural ever get’s prooven, doesn’t it kinda loose the super part... everything that is real has to be natural, right? What an interesting thought...

Carl Sagan

2019-06-20 22:22:20

Greetings Mads.

A good argument and I cannot ask for any more than that. At least it isn't an outright dismissal and although you don't believe in what we spiritualists believe in, you do make allowances for the supernatural to be true. As to losing the super out of super nature, I think that all nature is super but that's just me.

2019-06-20 22:26:11

Haha, I guess you could say that!

Carl Sagan

2019-06-21 04:50:26 (edited by defender 2019-06-21 04:52:52)

A surprisingly good discussion!  Minus Simba's "you Christian fucks" comment of course, which I've reported, and even despite the source material's (dubious) aims and factualness.
So far I think I agree with Post 13 the most out of all of them, and the only problem I have with 14 is the TLDR part, because I've seen quite a few scientists who will pay lip service to the proof principal but through their actions and arguments clearly believe that the proof is there.
Also, I've seen quite a few religious people who are willing to entertain theoreticals about their faith, even if they never let it sway them fully, so I disagree with that somewhat, in that believers often don't think the religion is perfect, even if the nature of the teaching require them to believe that their god is in most cases.

I would just like to say as well that I like this Bashue allot more than the previous and preachier one, your a very understanding and respectful guy and I appreciate that.  You help to counterbalance some of the wrongs and misconceptions caused by the worse members of your community.

2019-06-21 09:54:01

Greetings defender.

Thank you for your reply. The only reason why I went into preacher mode before was because people didn't want to follow whatever moral codes and principals they subscribe to and use said codes and principals to become the best they could be. No you don't need a religion to be a good individual and neither does nature care about morality. Nature will do all in its power to ensure survival of the fittest, strongest, cleverest, bravest and so on. Having said that, we also see evidence to the contrary because humanity most often goes against nature to the extent that nature allows. Let me clear up a few misconceptions about me and my prior behaviour. I cannot honestly see the difference between what I did before compared to what I'm doing now because I see these differences as extensions or continuations. Before this thread, I was explaining what I believed and why I believe in it; now I'm showing you the result of my believing what I believe. I'm no longer trying to explain what I believe and why I recommend others to believe in it; I'm now showing that because I believe in absolute pacifism so strongly, I am free to live and let live. In other words, even though my prior words before this thread might prove otherwise, I was still okay with people believing in any given religion or not; same applies to science, atheism, anything at all. My primary goal was as it is now to advise people that no matter what you believe or how you get to the following conclusion, it is most important to follow it, live it and be it in action. It's better for everyone to be loving, kind, good, compassionate, merciful and forgiving at all times and in all situations. It is also better never to harm anyone under any circumstance and for any reason what so ever. It doesn't matter whether or not you believe in something outside of this reality, it only matters that we never cause anyone to suffer in any way if we can help it. For the sake of argument, I won't bring in the testament of truth or karma into this answer.

Remember I said earlier about me keeping my mouth shut whenever I felt like I wanted to bite someone's head off? I know what it feels like to give in to my baser emotions and yes, evidence shows that we're instinctually inclined to do wrong. As Vazbol and Mads were saying, we see children naturally being bratty and they have to be taught to not be that way. So, every time I did something to deliberately cause someone to suffer, I felt very powerful, especially when I did it to someone who was in authority over me. It felt like a drug and the more I did it, the more I wanted to do it. Forgive me if I go into preacher mode; I think I'm already doing so. Anyway, unfortunately, my being a bully eventually spread to include those who I didn't want to hurt and I couldn't stop my behaviour. I felt at times like I was a passenger within my own body while my mouth did the talking for me. It got to the point that not even heart felt apologies could fix it and worse yet, I became a bully because others bullied me first and they kept on doing so even when I lost hope. It took people far more evil than me to crush me into submission and it also took me looking into that mirror to see myself for who and what I truly was in order for me to find someone to tell me in a loving way that in order to improve, I had to be peaceful no matter what and to never give into my baser emotions. My mentor explained to me that the reason I was out of control was because I kept giving into my rage, hatred and thirst for vengeance. Not only that but I could feel all my negative emotions growing stronger day by day and the only way I could be stopped was to be smacked down and face the terrible consequences of my actions. However, not even the most evil of people could have stopped me permanently; I had to see myself first and only a supernatural being could have presented a mirror that reflected my personality traits so very well. Without said supernatural being, not even Melissa and Brad's altercation would have changed me and I wouldn't have come to that conclusion on my own; my mind wouldn't have made such an intuitive leap on its own because my thought processes didn't factor me wanting to improve myself, I wanted power to crush any who made me suffer in the first place and that's what I cared about. Now I'm not saying that people cannot improve without believing in something; I'm saying that something happened to me that I have no rational scientific explanation for. Not even psychology/psychiatry can explain how or why some people get wake up calls and some of the situations we find ourselves in may have nothing to do with us suddenly realising that we no longer want to live and be the way we are living and being and we must do something about it.

I know, I've gone way off topic here but I wanted to explain how and why I don't see what I did then and what I'm doing now to be any different. However, going back on topic, no matter what you believe, isn't it better not only for any individual and for humanity as a whole to be loving? As for Christianity being better than Islam, I believe that if you don't embrace one, you cannot embrace the other because both Lord Jesus Christ and Lord Muhammad preached and taught the same things, just in different parts of the world. I believe this to be true even though the books say otherwise and evidence shows otherwise. As for simba, I cannot honestly blame him for saying that; I can understand his anger and frustration with the Christians because the bible does in fact show that Jehovah does favour warfare. I believe it to be untrue that Jehovah wants us to go to war for any reason because I'm an absolute pacifist. I would like to show him that not all believers are out for blood and I'd welcome anyone into my home regardless of what you believe, where you're from, how you look, what you did or indeed who and what you were, are and will be.

2019-06-21 10:22:08

Hi.

Well, I have to agree with 13 here.

While Science is currently not 100 percent accurate or perfect, it still has the ability to change and adapt new rules and change known facts by presenting new evidences for something.

The problem I have with religion that you have one god you shall follow blindly and everything that happens is given by god and no questions shall be answered. Add that every religion, even though it preaches peace, compassion and love tries to be better than the others, standing over everyone and not holding back making their point clear with violence makes me wonder why I should follow a religion.
They brought us crusades, the 30 year war, witch hunts, the inquisition, suicide bombers and so on.
Also a valid point that 13 brought up is that when the bible was translated from Latin into other languages, who prooves that the texts have been altered with? Latin was only known to a select few individuals which were mostly church people and had a strong desire to preach the word of god and gain power off of their translations. There are some interesting articles where parts of the bible are analysed and compared with parts of original bibles, some of them seam to still exist

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-21 13:04:17

Moderation:

Simba, that "Christian fucks" comment was a bit much. I'm issuing a caution. You've been okay since, and it didn't utterly explode on us, so that's cool, but you might wanna watch that going forward, is all.

end moderation

I can get behind the pacifism thing, though only to a certain extent. I'd rather not harm anyone, but some harm is unavoidable. I'm also not completely closed to the idea that there's more to life than what we know, but the burden of proof is on believers to back themselves up, not on science to definitively disprove them. To anyone who disagrees, I offer the following scenario:
I know in my heart that there is a planet in a solar system forty-five thousand light-years from here. It's circling a red giant at a considerable distance, and it's quite cold, but living on that planet are a race of small bloblike creatures who have constructed cone-shaped dwellings from some sort of spongy plantlike composite matter to keep them warm. These little creatures have the ability to talk to each other (and others) telepathically, which is how I know they exist and how I know they plan to one day come across the galaxy to introduce themselves to us.
Now, if you believe that the burden of proof is on science to disprove, then it is up to you to definitively disprove the assertions above. You have to find logic that factually diemisses my scenario, and covers for all eventualities. You can't just hand-wave it and say "well of course that isn't real". Because we do the same thing to religious constructs all the time, yet some of you doggedly cling to them anyhow.

I am not trying to start a fight here, merely trying to introduce the idea that what goes for the goose must also go for the gander.

Oh also? Let's not forget that there are other large religions besides the Abrahamic trio. Buddhism...do you folks know of a lot of wars being fought over that one? Because I personally don't.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-06-21 15:29:12

Yeah, what is that thing, the teapot flying through space?
There is currently no way to proove or disproof that there is a teapot orbiting the earth, but that doesn’t mean we should believe it. And, the fact that millions of people believe it, and those millions of people say that they are more moral because they do, doesn’t make it true. And it deffinetly should not be taught in school.

Carl Sagan

2019-06-21 16:01:11

Pretty much post 22 and 21 outlines my huge problems to religions and why I don't subscribe to any of them. The bible is filled with "believe," "believe," "believe!" Every religious text, bar Buddhism (and maybe a few more), are all filled with this nonsense. It doesn't help that:
1) religious texts go through translation after translation. These translations of translations of translations have errors, called mistranslations. The mistranslations are usually a result of deliberate falsifications or words having multiple meanings depending on usage, expression, tone, etc. As a result, Christianity (and a lot of other religions) have not only lost their path, but lost their way, irreparably, in my opinion.
2) Religion is filled with whitewashing of the universe. They say: "There is only good and evil, black and white, male and female, heaven and hell, etc. There is no other." This is inherently flawed and false; nothing, IMO, is truly binary-based, even if our computers operate on such principals.
3) The bible has absolutely nothing provable within it. At least, nothing I have seen/read. Its all faith and conjecture; it speaks nothing of science and only of the "one true deity and what he did for the world". Seriously? Then answer me this, oh great bible: why does god let us kill one another. The bible says, "free agency, free will." Really? I seriously doubt a deity (with absolute control over the universe and all within) would allow their  denizens to needlessly kill each other and produce weapons with so much destructive potential they could eliminate all that they have worked so hard to create. I seriously doubt a deity would needlessly create wars and battles to fight over loyalties. That does not sound like a "loving and caring" deity to me at all. No, that sounds exactly like the definition of the devil as per the bible.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-21 17:19:35

my oppinion is if you are gonna judge a religion by the people that follow it then every religion is bad going by this logic.

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.