2019-06-16 21:04:50

Me too, win 10 64-bit here.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-06-16 21:28:18

Atlan.

The P button is pause. So it looks like it could be working for you but then you are pausing it. Try starting the PCP again but using the WASD keys instead. And using the numbers keys.

The game starts you at a menu to select new game using the 1 key.

2019-06-16 21:31:08

The .net error seems quite broad. It works on some systems and not on others. Unfortunately it works on all the machines I  have at my disposal so I may need to rely on details error messages.

If anyone has any please post them as complete as you can. Hopefully I will spot the problem in then. I can already see it is looking for something it cant find which is why I comes up with a null exception. I just done have enough detail on what it's looking for at the moment

2019-06-16 22:06:38

an unhandled acception has accured. if you click continue, the application might not ignore errors... value can not be nul

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-06-16 22:06:59

or some thing like that

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-06-17 14:47:33

I have te same net framework error unhandled exception.
I have installed latest version of net framework.
Maybe I am missing any visual c ++ libraries.
I have windows 10 pro x64

2019-06-17 15:17:03

Hi mojsior. Did you install the audio library that is also available to download?

If so when the error comes up if normally allows you to show more details. If you click that could you post the full error code?

2019-06-17 21:16:49

Here is an error
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Index was outside the bounds of the array.

2019-06-17 21:19:13

I have installed this library.
This is openall and I am using this for running another game.
I have heared that open all library isnt so good audio library, much better is fmod than this.

2019-06-17 21:20:40

I'm really not sure what is happening and I'm trying desperatly to replicate the fault, but until I can replicate it or find a detailed fault report I'm unfortunatly a little stumped. However I have altered the install package to now install everything the PCP should need in one go. this includes the auio library and Net framework 4.7.

I've even tested the new install packages, re-downlaoed them, installed them. downloaded and extracted the game and then loaded and played it. all worked fine.

If anyone would like to try the new install and see if it gets us any further please let me know.

Sorry about this, hopefully it will be worth the hassle and we can some feedback about the demo to help make a game everyone would like to be developed.

2019-06-17 21:44:49

Give it here maybe it will heps.
This error happens after pressing play button.
Sonus pcp is running fine but game wont works.

2019-06-21 23:35:04

Hi Guys,

Just returning to this issue, I've managed to get some other testers to use the PCP and it also seems to be working, I was wondering if anyone was using an old version of the PCP and perhaps that could be the problem?

I have tweaked an old sci-fi shooter game I made some time ago to work on the PCP as another test. if anyone wants to download that from the store to see if they have more luck with it.

2019-06-22 02:05:06

Well, this new thing works! It is freezing sometimes and I need to shut it down but it runs finally. smile
Interesting why the first game you've posted isn't working.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-06-22 07:19:27

hi here is the full error i get when trying to play wich hunt
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Single.Parse(String s)
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerformAction(GameObject GO, String[] ActionLine, String EventName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 2424
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerofrmActionWithConditionCheck(GameObject GO, String[] ActionLine, String ASCName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 1559
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerformAllEventActions(String Event, List`1 GOEventActions, Int32 ASC, String OverrideGOName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 1368
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.OnCreation() in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 353
   at Sonus_PCP.Form_DebugMode.StartGame() in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Form_DebugMode.cs:line 657
   at Sonus_PCP.Form_DebugMode.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Form_DebugMode.cs:line 956
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.PerformClick()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
regards Hannes Fouche

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2019-06-22 11:03:12

I have installed pcp again and after running wildhunt I have received the same net framework error

2019-06-22 20:54:46

Thanks for getting back to me guys. And with the full error details. Sorry again about this and tha is for the patience.

So I believe I have found the issue to be with the audio volume parameter failing to load in a valid parameter. Which is still confusing as some systems seems to be loading it in fine and some dont.

So I think the next thing for me to do is build a new feature into the PCP for error logging. Which will record the all the actions taking place during game play in the background which the user can then compile into a report with the click of a button whenever an issue arises.

I hope this hasn't put people off too much. Hopefully after these issues are ironed out the GDE and PCP will be great ways for people to put their creativity into their own projects easily and share.

I dont suppose anyone has made any GDE projects themselves and tested them?

2019-06-23 00:18:03

Debug logging feature is now added. it constantly keeps track of what actions are firing with what parameters as the game processes. I have limited it to 300,000 lines which can be filled by a simple program in a matter of minutes, but we only need to see the data around when an error occurs. The is a button and when clicked it will generate a text file in the game folder with all this information in it, this could then be emailed to me. Also if the game runs into a problem on its own it will automatically generate the file as well.

I did also find a little issue in the start up code on the creation event of the first game object that fires twice, and considering in the witch hunter game the first gme object deletes all the other game objects, maybe that was causing an issue? im not sure.

2019-06-23 10:23:53 (edited by hannes 2019-06-23 10:26:18)

hi
when i run the game now it just says unknown when i check the debug log i get the following error.
--Main Loop Cycle Start--
W Released
S Released
A Released
D Released
1 Released
2 Released
3 Released
4 Released
5 Released
P Released
--Menu Selection action cycle start--
Menu Selection X 0
Menu Selection Y 0
Menu Selection Z 0
Menu Selection BX 0
Menu Selection BY 0
Menu Selection BZ 0
--Creation actions--
41|0|0|0|0|0
48|0|200|0|0|0
47|0|280|0|0|0
12|New Game|0|0|0|0
12|Load Game|1|0|0|0
38|MM_Music|TItle_Music.ogg|0|0|0
38|MM_Title|TItle.ogg|0|0|0
38|MM_Confirm|Confirm_Bell.ogg|0|0|0
36|MM_Music|0.2|0|0|0
--ERROR--
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerformAction(GameObject GO, String[] ActionLine, String EventName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 2432
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerofrmActionWithConditionCheck(GameObject GO, String[] ActionLine, String ASCName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 1565
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerformAllEventActions(String Event, List`1 GOEventActions, Int32 ASC, String OverrideGOName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 1370
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.OnCreation() in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 353
   at Sonus_PCP.Form_DebugMode.MainRun() in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Form_DebugMode.cs:line 840
   at Sonus_PCP.Form_DebugMode.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Form_DebugMode.cs:line 1092

PS i have just picked up the gde and so far every thing is going well.
I will see what i can come up with.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2019-06-23 12:21:35

Thanks Hannes,

Again everything appears to be in order, the play action is passing in 0.2 as a paramter which is correct but the system is coming up with a null error.
I may be going a little crazy with this one, this error has started to make me hear voices in my head, so me and the voices have all gotten togather and tried to work it out.

After a bit of research I have one more idea, and that is the cultural difference of real numbers. some countires use a dot for decimal places and some use a comma. Perhaps your dot net framework is looking for a comma and then failing to validate the 0.2?

I have added some protection for this into the code and re-uploaded the PCP yet again. this could explain why more local users dont seem to have an issue, i'm hoping im onto something here. if this ends up being the case, I wil also have to re-look at the GDE and make sure that is protected from this issus as well.

2019-06-23 17:32:24

hi now the pcp just says not responding and the debug log gives the following error,
--Main Loop Cycle Start--
W Released
S Released
A Released
D Released
1 Released
2 Released
3 Released
4 Released
5 Released
P Released
--Menu Selection action cycle start--
Menu Selection X 0
Menu Selection Y 0
Menu Selection Z 0
Menu Selection BX 0
Menu Selection BY 0
Menu Selection BZ 0
--Creation actions--
41|0|0|0|0|0
48|0|200|0|0|0
47|0|280|0|0|0
12|New Game|0|0|0|0
12|Load Game|1|0|0|0
38|MM_Music|TItle_Music.ogg|0|0|0
38|MM_Title|TItle.ogg|0|0|0
38|MM_Confirm|Confirm_Bell.ogg|0|0|0
36|MM_Music|0.2|0|0|0
--ERROR--
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerformAction(GameObject GO, String[] ActionLine, String EventName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 2429
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerofrmActionWithConditionCheck(GameObject GO, String[] ActionLine, String ASCName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 1565
   at Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerformAllEventActions(String Event, List`1 GOEventActions, Int32 ASC, String OverrideGOName) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Debug_MainClasses.cs:line 1370
   at Sonus_PCP.Form_DebugMode.MainRun() in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Form_DebugMode.cs:line 840
   at Sonus_PCP.Form_DebugMode.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Aaron\Dropbox\PCP\Sonus PCP v1.1 - remove multithreading\Sonus PCP\Form_DebugMode.cs:line 1093
also my windows blocks the instillation of .net frame work 4.7 it says it is because i already have a later version installed.

regards
Hannes Fouche

2019-06-23 21:20:17

Thanks alot Hannes. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me through this very strange issue, it difficult enough ironing out all the bugs but especially so when you cant replicate them yourself. It looks like we are on the right path as the error has moved from the are I added globalization to, to an area I forgot to add globalisation to.

This error is a float failing to parse correctly. I've located every float in the program and applied a fix. A new version of the PCP is once again uploaded.

2019-06-23 22:16:17

Hi it works and i have to say i like what i am seeing er well hearing now i just have to get passed that guy with the flail.

regards
Hannes Fouche

2019-06-23 22:29:36

I'm glad we have finally got there. That was quite an interesting issue and something I will take into consideration from now on.
I will need to alter the GDE now to make the debug mode the same.

It's only a very small demo to show off the concept of a game I am thinking about making, but I'm very glad you like it.

Hopefully now I can get a few more opinions as well. Very sorry for how long it took us to get there but thank you so much for the persistence and patience.

2019-06-25 22:58:03

Ok, Now I have also applied to fix to the GDE as well. this puts me in the position I wanted to be at (and thought I was at) when I posted this thread.

So with the fixes in place I would just like to re-cap.

The GDE is an easy to use audio game developer software built for newbies with no programming experience in mind. There are tutorials and support to help a new user get to grips with the software on the sonus website. The GDE doesnt make a set genre of game, it is capable of making anything. FPS, Adventure, side scroller, Immersive 3D adventures and more as long as you can work out the logic to make the games work.

Games made with the GDE can then be played using the Sonus PCP (PC Player) which is also downloadable from the website.

I have developed a small game for the PCP called witch hunt to kind of show off what the GDE is capable of and what it can create, the game and its GDE project file are both downloadable from the sonus store website.

Everything is free to use and the aim is to allow peoples creativity to be become reality with as little obsitcals as possible.

The links are as follows.

For the GDE and PCP downloads plus GDE tutorials:
http://www.sonusinteractive.co.uk/GDE.html

and for the witch hunt game:
http://store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/Gam … tch%20Hunt

and for the witch hunt project file:
http://store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/Gam … %20Project

Of course as always I am always glad to hear feedback if anyone has any, about anything. The game, the GDE, access to support or just your generals feelings about the project.

Thank you again to everyone who helped me diagnose that troublesome issue, the GDE is now a much more stable build that previous iterations and I hope I can supply something worth using for you.

2019-06-26 18:56:24

Hi there. So, I really want to create a game with maps with the GDE. But, I don't understand how to create maps and items on the maps. Is there any way you could write up a text or make an audio tutorial on how to do this in more depth? If you could do this, I'd really really appreciate it a lot. I've been wanting to make my own RPG style game/s for quite a long time now. If I can understand how to do that with the GDE, that would be very awesome. Thanks a lot for your help and understanding.