2019-06-16 11:54:34

Hi All,

I've been doing some work on the sonus Game Development software and the PC Player and have developed a small concept demo for a game type I would like to get some feedback on if possible.

There were a few bugs found and corrcted in both the GDE and PCP player during the development of the game so downloading the PCP again will be needed if you already have it. Also dont forget the PCP audio library which s another simple downlaod and install on the sonus website in the GDE section.

I have also made the GDE project file available as well if anyone wants to have a look at how the game was made using the GDE.

Both are downloadable from the sonus store website:
http://store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/Index.php

A direct link to the game download on the site is here:
http://store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/Gam … tch%20Hunt

And a direct link to the GDE project file is here:
http://store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/Gam … %20Project

If anyone is interested I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks as always.

2019-06-16 12:15:46

hello. I can't find the download link of pcp player in sonus store. Where to download the player and audio libs?

2019-06-16 12:17:55

Sorry Sky. I didn't clarify enough. The PCP player is downloadable from the main sonus website not the store. Which is www.sonusinteractive.co.uk

2019-06-16 12:54:40

It's also worth noting the controls to move are the WASD keys not the arrow keys on your keyboard.

2019-06-16 13:49:50

when i load the game and try to play the following net frame work exception happens:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   в System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFor
   в System.Single.Parse(String s)
   в Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerformAction(GameObject
   в Sonus_PCP.Debug_MainClasses.GameObject.PerofrmActionWithCondition
I have net frame work 3.5 installed.

2019-06-16 13:59:07

Just to clarify Sky. Are you opening the PCP and then loading in the game before clicking the play button? It seems as though it's failed to find a game object. And the witch hunt game in the store doesn't seem to have another download counted

2019-06-16 14:24:07

i open pcp.
Click load, and choose the witch hunt folder.
Then i click play, and this stuff happens.

2019-06-16 15:13:17

I've just downloaded the PCP on a seperste laptop and it seems to work fine for me. So maybe the .net framework could be the issue. Dot Net 4.5 is recommended

2019-06-16 15:14:37

I will make an new install package to include to net framework and the audio library when I get chance. Sorry about this Sky. Let me know if the dot net frame work resolves the issue

2019-06-16 15:21:45 (edited by SkyLord 2019-06-16 15:23:15)

I have dot net4.5 installed already.
And yeah, just wanted to say i also installed audio library that was nessesary to install.

2019-06-16 15:23:32

Yeah, I am running the same ieeues and only continue, details and cancel buttons. When I am trying to press on continue it's not loading the project file.

As far as I know you can't run the game without using the DGE? In the folder with the game there's nothing to execute the game so I tried to run the project without any luck.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-06-16 15:40:52

This is strange. I'm trying to replicate the issue but i havent been able to yet. I'm assuming it is a dependency issue but I'm unsure as to what it is yet. I'm still working on it

The GDE is not needed Lirin. Just the Witch Hunt game and the PCP player. You just need to select the game folder with the PCP. No executable is needed.

So download the PCP and install
Download the audio library.
Download the game
Extract the game which will make a folder
Start the PCP. Select that folder
Press Play.

2019-06-16 15:52:10

Is that the floor error sky or is there more. It looks like some is cut off

2019-06-16 15:58:52

maybe it's cut off, but i don't see any more in that error window.

2019-06-16 16:34:41

Yeah, thanks Aaron but still the game is not running. I have the same problem exactly. All dotnet versions on my system so it shouldn't be a problem.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-06-16 16:48:08

Can I ask what platforms we are running on? Windows? Mac?. Ive tried it on 2 separate windows machines and it has worked ok so far.

2019-06-16 17:29:03

windows

2019-06-16 18:15:28

Thanks sky. I have tested it on a 3rd windows machine now and again it's working. I did have issues installing the audio library due to permissions but other than that no problems.

Is there anyone who can also confirm the PCP is working on their systems?

Also what version of windows, Sky? Although as long as the net framework is 4.5 it shouldn't matter. But its the only thing I can think of at the moment.

2019-06-16 18:31:32

Hi sorry, the pcp player does not work on my system... i open the player, load the game by selecting the folder, and then click on play. and i get a .net frame work

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-06-16 19:21:50

@18, win10. here.

2019-06-16 19:43:34

how can i start the game? and when i need a program where can i download?

2019-06-16 20:10:22

Hi Atlan.

You need the pcp player which is from www.sonusinteractive.co.uk. you also need to download and install the pcp audio library which is downloaded from the same place.

Then you can download the game from store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/index.php.

Download and extract the game. Then open the pcp program and click the load button. Open the extracted game folder then press play.

I'd appreciate it if you could let us know if you have more luck getting it to work and if not could you post the error maybe?

2019-06-16 20:21:27

Hi Atlan.

You need the pcp player which is from www.sonusinteractive.co.uk. you also need to download and install the pcp audio library which is downloaded from the same place.

Then you can download the game from store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/index.php.

Download and extract the game. Then open the pcp program and click the load button. Open the extracted game folder then press play.

I'd appreciate it if you could let us know if you have more luck getting it to work and if not could you post the error maybe?

2019-06-16 21:02:08

If you need to know, i am running the game and the player on windows 10 64 bit built 1903... if it helps. i also have the .net error

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-06-16 21:03:01

i have no error but when i load the game and press play there is music then i pressed p and then is nothing.