2019-06-14 21:26:23

Hello.
I tried using Snapchat on my Android, but my talkback doesn't read this.
Question:
How can the blind use Snapchat?
Thanks in advance!

2019-06-14 22:40:50

why would you want to, there's no reason to do so.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-14 22:48:18

ironcross32, If I try, that is there are some reasons

2019-06-14 23:57:08

There's no point in trying it. It's full of stupid pictures.

2019-06-15 00:17:45

I had some friends on there, so I tried it on android 2 years ago I believe.
Talk back could read thhings, but it was mostly pointless, there were toooo many pictures to get something useful from it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-06-15 00:24:58

I just have people who spend a lot of time on Snapchat.
I'd like to keep in touch with them

2019-06-15 01:34:28

Use a different platform, there's literally no use in trying to make SC work, especially if all you're doing is just keeping in contact with people. You're not going to do anything more than just send messages, anyways.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-06-15 02:49:02

yeah just not possible, too many pictures.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-15 12:50:47

you cant do anything pal

2019-06-15 13:58:11

It's just the same as Instagram, although I've recently heard that they are trying to make that one accessible.

2019-06-15 15:53:00

Instagram works for the most part, I just do not like it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-06-15 16:31:16

Mine reads it fine, that's weird.

2019-06-15 18:16:12

post 10 na instagram is working perfectly on my phone but i'm not using it.
Also snapchat i understood there was many maaaaany pictures and i can say, skype 8 is better of use than snapchat hahahah. Meh skype 8 vs snapchat? um sorry for this lol.

Yours kindly

2019-06-15 19:45:30

I didn't say that it doesn't work, it's just pointless.

2019-06-16 02:22:07

Never tried Snappchat, Instergramm works fine for me

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2019-06-16 03:11:53

You could use Aira and TeamViewer's iOS app to scroll through pictures, but expect to eat up minutes and get descriptions for but a few photos.

2019-06-17 07:59:00

I use to use Talk Back. Now I which to Voice Over and it is a little more accessible. I would mainly post my pictures and watch peoples videos. That's how I use it.

If your behind in the race run faster.

2019-06-17 09:57:47

MasterOfDeath, In Instagram, I can send messages and I use it.

Ty, about Snapchat? What do you use?

People, what are you talking about.
I'm not interested in the pictures.
I’m wondering if I can send messages to people on Snapchat on Android with Talkback. Nothing more.
And don't tell me about other social networks, this doesn't apply to my question.

2019-06-17 12:54:23

Not sure about android as I'm an apple user. But snapchat works if your willing to use it. Its not hard once you figure it out. Sure some things are inaccessible and or pointless but hey, that's life. Been thinking about doing an applevis guide or podcast or something for a while but there doesn't seem to be many people who are interested in actually using it. If that changes I can write / record something.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2019-06-17 15:27:23

To all those saying SC's pointless, there's pretty much no other way except texting that you can convince your sighted friends to use, say Skype, or Messenger, instance. If you're willing to cope with it, it's not pointless. If you are at least using it for something, it's not pointless.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2019-06-18 00:05:50

jonikster wrote:

Question:
How can the blind use Snapchat?

The answer to this question is you can't. You also never indicated your specific purpose for using it in posts 1 or 6 other than to "keep in touch."

2019-06-18 22:18:24

Yes, you can. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean its not useable. You can still send, and receive, both picture and video. If you don't wanna get pictures cuz well, you can't read the text on the pictures anyway, just ask to get people to send videos or even better just message each other on there. Bet most of you didn't know that was an option. That works fine, for the most part. Its pretty much 90 percent useable, of course with some difficulties. The thing with it is that its not that you can't use it, its just people are not willing to use it because of the mostly and not purely visual nature of the app that puts blind people off of it. Understandable in a way, but really, why not give it a try? Don't cut something out of your life completely just because you don't understand it or how yo could use it. You don't know if it works or if you'll like it until you actually try. Really the only picture part of it is streaks anyway and those are pretty much meaningless blind or not, so really we aren't missing much anyway. Its not like the pictures are ever anything important and even if they were there only there for about 10 seconds or so before vannishing completely.
Now I know the original question was regarding sc on android. And while I can not speak for android on the subject, everything I talked about is for voiceover on ios. Some people mentioned using it above which is really why I jumped in on this topic too. Maybe it isn't accessible at all on android. I really can't answer that. But on anyone thinking of trying it with an IPhone, go ahead.

2019-06-18 22:20:41 (edited by BlindJedi 2019-06-18 22:30:56)

Oh, and some things I forgot to add are: As well as text chat you can voice or video call. Not commonly done but there options. Really, its not pointless, most people are just unwilling to try.

2019-06-19 03:51:50

I think it’s pretty well understood that Snapchat allows people to send pictures and videos directly to people, lol. It’s stupid for me to use it when I have plenty of other messaging apps. Whatever works for you.

2019-06-19 06:49:22

Yeah but the problem with other apps is that most of the world now days doesn't use them. Your limiting who you can talk to with things like skype or hell, teamtalk. Almost everyone has snapchat lol.