2019-06-14 09:30:46

Hi,
I have an older version of windows 10 but I want to install the latest one. So I wanted to ask that will I have to download and then install it or windows will automatically update. I have never done this before so I need your help.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-06-14 10:00:01 (edited by sunshine 2019-06-14 10:01:55)

Get update assistant here
you don't need to worry about it. Just download the update assistant, let it download the files necessary(might take some time, depending upon your connection speed), hit upgrade, keep all files, settings and apps, and let it install. Note: I'm assuming that you have original version of windows. Not sure if it'll work otherwise or not.

2019-06-14 12:31:51

@2, Thanks and how much mb will it need approximately? And is their any way of checking if the version I am using is real or not cause I bought this laptop 2 or three months ago.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore

2019-06-14 12:43:52

allthough you could use an assistant, you'd better wait until the updates comes out in windows update center.

2019-06-14 13:00:08 (edited by sunshine 2019-06-14 13:03:17)

@3, the update assistant itself is like 20MB or so. As for the space required on your C:, I'd say minimum of 30GB. To check if your windows is activated or not, press win+e, then backspace. On this PC, hit alt+enter. Then
a  control panel window called "System" opens, just use the touch cursor with JAWS, or object navigation with NvdA to see if it shows "Windows is activated" or not. Though if it came with preinstalled windows, it most likely has the activated version.
HTH.

2019-06-14 18:00:12

Hi,
I meant that when it will be downloading the things required to update, how much GB of net it will approximately use. According to that I will have to change my internet plan if needed cause I only get 1 gb per day.

2019-06-14 18:23:43

Make it 5GB, so that you can get all the cumulative updates as well. If not, then 4GB would be Ok too.

2019-06-15 06:01:12

Thanks. I'll try that.

2019-06-15 06:10:15

According to Microsoft, everyone now should get an option to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 may 2019 update. Be aware though, the update uses a lot of ram, so if you have a slow computer, that could be a problem for you.

2019-06-15 12:28:01

well update asistant is checking automatickly if it is compateble with your computer or not.

Yours kindly

2019-06-15 18:11:08

Or, alternatively, download a windows 10 iso from:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

(check that the iso file you download is actually downloaded from microsoft servers!) You can download an iso in chunks, so you could do 700 mb per day over something like 5 or 6 days. Afterwards, you can upgrade each and every system with that iso. Make sure you pick the right language and bitness (32 or 64 bit). I don't think you can upgrade with an iso which has a different language, but I might be wrong.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2019-06-22 05:47:56

hi,
i would also like to update my computer from 1803 to 1903. do you need to enter license key or not? because idk my license key because i use a laptop.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-22 08:23:55

@12, there is a way to get your license key btw.
And no, when you update windows doesn't require your product key again.

2019-06-22 10:28:01

@13 how? i would like to have a record of it some where. you know just in case.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-22 10:38:43

Not sure, i seen this somewhere when i was browsing system settings. I'm sure it exists though.