2019-06-13 03:17:17

Hello nyanchan, so, i've found out about this thing called utau, if you haven't herd about it, it's a thing where you create a voicebank out of nun but a computer and some phonetic sounds. So my question to you is, since you are japanese, you look fit for the job, so here we go. My request is, would you make a utau voicebank for me? please? or maybe you could make a uutau voicebank of the main character's voice from the BK games, looking farward to your ancer, JUan Carlos Noel Reina, the lover of a vocaloid called Rana!

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-06-13 05:11:14 (edited by nyanchan 2019-06-13 05:13:22)

Do you mean you dislike all the available voices for UTAU out there?
Namine Ritsu and Kasane Teto are the most popular, but there're whole lots of other voices. I can't list them right now though.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-06-13 08:39:39

Since this topic said "request for Nyanchan", I have a  request for you, too, Nyanchan. I am learning Japanese(online), I've been wanting to do this for a while, since I love Japan, it's culture, and it's people so much. but due to time constraints, couldn't. At the moment, I'm learning to pronounce Hiragana and Katakana characters, and using Microsoft Input Dime for keyboard. So... Can you either point me to right resources from where I can get to know the layout of Japanese characters on an English keyboard? It's really confusing, and oh, tell me how it's possible to write 71-odd  Hiragana characters on a standard English keyboared with international support? And what do you recommend me for Kanji, since it seems to have several thousand characters, all with varying meaning and pronunciation, depending upon the context. Much appreciated. Thanks. smile

2019-06-13 08:53:37

Because I am a native Japanese speaker, I don't know much about learning resources for non Japanese speaking learners. Can you be a little bit more specific? Do you want what combinations produce what hiragana? For example, typing k a produces か. Typing n y a n n c h a n produces にゃんちゃん (nyanchan).

2019-06-13 08:59:42

Precisely that. I want to be able to write as you did, on an English keyboard.

2019-06-13 11:03:29

I think you need to install Japanese keyboard and IME, but I'm afraid I can't help you with that. Maybe, he can.

2019-06-13 16:20:01

Thanks a lot. smile

2019-06-13 16:28:25

Nyanchan, he just wanted a voice bank of you to see how it was i think

2019-06-13 18:30:48

Yes I love utau, so it doesn't matter witch voice it is, Do you
know who kyaami is? she's a utau youtuber. I also want to lirn japanese too, I know how to write things using a japanese sinth. Keeping that utau in mind, can you also show me how to write things in japanese? Thanks, Juan Reina

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-06-13 20:16:50

Typing in Japanese on an english keyboard is simple. You type it phonetically for the equivalent hiragana. a, ka, sa, ta, na, ha, etc. Those will give you their hiragana equivalents when you press enter. When you type a word then press space, it will attempt to guess the word you want based on the syllables you typed in. typing in ka-ta-na, for example and then pressing enter will give you the word katana in hiragana. Typing in the same syllables, then pressing space, however, will give you the kanji for sword instead.

So the basic answer is, typing in Japanese on an English keyboard requires yo to know how words are pronounced. typing watashihakanadajindesu then pressing space wil give you all the appropriate characters to form the sentence saying I am a Canadian, but pressing enter will give you all of those syllables in Hiragana only. Katakana is the same, it will also try to guess. Alternatively, you can press alt+capslock in the microsoft IME to make it default to Katakana instead of Hiragana then press ctrl+capslock to switch back.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-06-14 00:28:53

hi Nyanchan, will you alsow consider developing an adventure game base on judo in the future?

2019-06-14 01:11:16

What do you mean an adventure game based on judo?

2019-06-14 01:51:24

I mean a game wherein your created character whose goal is to become champion will have to engage in several tournaments using moves named after the techniques found in judo.

2019-06-14 03:40:51 (edited by nyanchan 2019-06-14 03:41:59)

Umm... I have to gain some knowledge about Judo? I have zero knowledge! lol
assaultfreak explained how to write Japanese much more clearly than I possibly could. Thanks!

2019-06-14 05:31:24 (edited by sunshine 2019-06-14 06:17:45)

@Asault_Freak, thanks a lot for the tips! big_smile is there a way to learn the layout of Japanese characters arrayed on an English keyboard as well? The layout seems to be, well, confusing, to say the least. smile (talking about Kana mode, not the Romaji mode...)
edit: I would like someone to confirm if I'm doing this right... Can you confirm right words are being formed? Here goes:
刀-sword(Kanji)
and
かたな-the Hiragana equivalent.
Is that right?

2019-06-14 06:21:36

What you wrote is 100% correct. Congrats!
Honestly, you do not have to use the kana layout. I never did.

2019-06-14 07:13:13

Yep, what Nyanchan said. There's essentially no need to learn that layout... I don't know anyone who is Japanese who personally uses that. Everyone uses the input method I described, using romaji, or the english spelling.

2019-06-14 07:25:27

Also, at @15, if you want to discuss typing Japanese, you should create a saprate topic in the off-topic forum.
@13, I don't think you understand how hard it would be to code a game based on judo... it's much easier to code a side scrolling beat em up based on kung fu or any other striking martial art than a game thatrevolves around judo competitions. I know enough about judo to do it, but two things. I can't code, and even if I could, coding that kind of physics would be very difficult.

2019-06-15 22:52:18

ok. can I tri this program called utau?
I wanna get the program and a readme, please?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-06-15 23:20:12

"13, I don't think you understand how hard it would be to code a game based on judo... it's much easier to code a side scrolling beat em up based on kung fu or any other striking martial art than a game thatrevolves around judo competitions. I know enough about judo to do it, but two things. I can't code, and even if I could, coding that kind of physics would be very difficult"
Really? I thought since the game you are creating is not a video but only a video game, you dont need to have knowledge on how to execute the moves  on any martial arts so you can create a code for that particular martial arts game. You need only to have knowledge on the name of those moves. Like this uchimata in judo for example. You dont have to know how to execute this move in real life  for you to create a code for it since. I thought since what you are creating is only an audiogame, you just have to create a code naming it uchimata just like what they did on that game called tournament which can be downloaded in audiogames? And you right, i dont know anything about coding.
And to Nyanchan, that was only a request so dont worry. As what the title of this post, request for nyanchan. so dont worry about it.

2019-06-16 04:40:22

We could discuss this for a long time, maybe in another topic. But here's a basic idea. I don't know anything about coding, but I know something about what it would take to code a good game based on Judo. Also curious question, do you practice Judo yurself, Ultimate Blade?
Coding a game like that would be hard because even if you know the name of the techniques, you still have to know what they do, and how they interact with each other. You would also need to code a way to handle different points of scoring. And if you do it in a menu based game like tournament, that wouldn't be a game based on judo.. that would be a game with only the names of judo techniques and noone would know, unless you specifically explained. You need to know what an uchimata looks like, what it does to an opponent. You would also have to program in comparisons between other techiques ike osoto, ouchi, ogoshi and so many others. So a good judo game would be possible to code, yes, but would be very difficult without knowledge of judo or at least having help from someone who knows a lot about it.

2019-06-16 07:33:40

Thumbs up at 21. Judo game is hard to code and it gets harder when we're talking about audio games. I myself had this idea a while back, but putting it in practice requires time dedication and having suffice knowledge of Judo and good game mechanics design. And even if one manages all, there has to be a point to implement most of the throwing/pinning techniques since what all throwing techniques do eg, is to throw the foe, the difference being in  angles and positions. But most of it I think could be done like a hearing/reacting manner.

2019-06-16 08:12:08

Like I said, this discussion should probably be in another topic. Hear and react would ruin it for me... because that's not how Judo works at all. lol

2019-06-16 08:28:22

Of course not, but that's the only way I can think of. In a real match  foes may struggle together, change grips and try executing tack-ticks until one drops the other and score an Ippon. But implementing such system is impossible I suppose, because then players have to spam keys to change grips or do sweep legs. But I'd be glad if we could take this argue out in a private convo or another topic.

2019-06-16 08:42:54

Well, I am no expert in judo but I know a little bit about it cause I am a member of a gym before who is trying to teach judo among the youths like me here in our area and that uchimata and the sayonagi are my most favorite moves.
But lol, how to explain the process in executing the move by writing specially so that i am not that well verse in english?
let me try, its like this.
You and your opponent are facing each other right? so first, put your leg between his two legs. and push his upper body backward diagonally with your two hands together with your leg between his two legs who kick his one leg backward diagonally in order to throw him on the matt.
O i am sorry about that not legs because legs are the part of the body just below the holy fountain if you are a woman right? and just below of the holy rooster if you are a man.
So below your legs is the knee and knee after the knee is the feet.
So put your one foot between his two feet and kick his one fot diagonally backward together your your two hands twirling his upper body diagonally backward in order to bring him down on the mat. wahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I'm sorry I really dont know how to write the step by steps in executing this moves cause when they are teaching us, its all by actual physical demonstration and as I have said, I am not alsow well verse in english. hehehehehehe wahahahahahahahahaha. I am not even sure if that holy fountain and holy rooster are correct.