2019-07-04 10:38:56

Owww! Mine is vol4life8657 and I'll chew you up and spit you out after I swallow the scoreboard for breakfast. lol!

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2019-07-04 15:29:45 (edited by JLove 2019-07-04 15:34:46)

LMAO!  We'll see.  When is a good time for you?  Question...I'm logged into EA access and XBox Live.  Do I still have to sign into Madden itself, or will EA Access do that for me?

2019-07-04 16:33:19

Well, after this week,  Unless I find out some job related stuff, I can be around when ever. We can either play on 20 when it comes out, or 19. Just add me, and I'll get back to you, and then we can go from there.
And, you shouldn't, but if you do have to sign in, you will need assistance.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2019-07-04 21:25:21

Better yet, we can play both, 19 for now, and then 20 when it comes out.  I'll add you to my friends list after the tennis matches today.

2019-07-05 16:55:50

So, I have added a couple of you to my friends list on my XBox.  When is everyone usually around for matches?
If the ability to set up leagues is accessible to us in 20, we should so do that.  I'm looking forward to some great battles with everyone.  Anyone who wishes to add me to their friends list may do so, and if you want to add me to skype, you can do that as well.  Info is below:
Gamer Tag:  HeartOfFlame18

2019-07-05 22:17:53

It's pretty random for me honestly, but usually the afternoons/evening. Usually a few of us just party up and talk trash and play around when we see each other on, so feel free to join w/e. It's never private or anything lolz.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-07-06 03:36:51 (edited by ea_accessible 2019-07-06 03:37:08)

Hello everyone. I was skimming the forums, gathering feedback, and a I noticed a few common questions.

A clarification on the technical issues caused by in-game menu narration - basically, the game has very little processing power to spare, and in-game menu narration was too expensive. Madden's got a bunch of quirks where slower than expected game run speeds can cause stability issues, multiplayer game disconnects, and more. So, to ensure those who need menu narration can play the game, and play with others, we had to disable menu narration in-game for now - which was super frustrating for everyone working on it, too.  The launch version of the game is already set in stone, so I know this will not be fixed at launch. We have some ideas on how we might be able to patch this in, but if we run into more stability problems, we might not be able to fix it this year. I can promise that we will try, but cannot promise the outcome.

As to why we don't announce accessibility features in the game in advance... well, the situation above is one example. The last thing we want to do is promise we're supporting something, then have another problem result in us not being able to support it after all. Once the launch version of the game is complete, then we actually know where we stand, and communicate then.

Karen Stevens
EA Sports Accessibility Lead

2019-07-06 04:20:43 (edited by death 2019-07-06 04:24:42)

@132 that's pretty fair. I'm wondering a few things. Would it be possible to have non-wrapping menus in the playbook as an interim fix? This would be both to get to the advanced plays as well as that menu for the passes, runs, special teams, etc. I feel like that would help not get lost, and at that point it's a matter of memorization. I know I struggle with knowing where I am certain times, as an example I somehow managed to do three fake fgs today in madden 19, none of which were on forth down I couldn't get back to the playbook no matter what I tried. Ended up costing me the game online, also I'm sure I looked pretty stupid to the guy I was facing lolz. Secondly, would different tones for open receivers even be possible? I know that the kick meter makes a sound which only the offensive player can hear, could that be done pass wise, with different tones? I'm actually okay with the playbook not being read if it isn't patched. Don't get me wrong, I hope it does, but the explanation is enough for me. I'm just hoping the fix I suggested can be implemented before launch. Even such a small thing would have a huge impact, I think.

2019-07-06 06:45:39

@132 i’m with Death in what he said. We were actually discussing a lot of that earlier today, or more like  yesterday now. The processing thing in game is completely understandable. The next generation should help with that a lot.I said it before, but I’ll say it again. I appreciate what has been done. And I will be supporting this game at launch.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-07-06 06:50:16

@JLove  yeah man, feel free to add me as well. Unless I already have you.   I haven’t been playing as much as I would like, but when I got a Chance  I jump in the party and have some fun.  Everybody is cool.

"One Love"

2019-07-06 07:37:19 (edited by JLove 2019-07-06 07:50:24)

@Karen, interesting.  If I had to guess what's eating up so much processing power within the game, I'd most likely say graphics.  I.e., rendering of the players, field, all of the player animations, etc.  If menu narration is turned on, most likely a blind person is doing it, and in that case top-drawer graphics aren't necessary.  So, my idea would be to automatically lower the graphics to the absolute minimum settings possible and turn off all of the special graphical enhancement features whenever menu narration is turned on.  That just might free up processor resources and improve performance, in the same way that turning down graphics frees up resources and improves performance on a PC.
@135, what's your gamer tag?  I'm wondering if we should make a skype group or something, so that when one of us is online, we can let others know we're up for a match.  The problem is that while I have the XBox app on my phone, I'm not sure it notifies me when people are online, and the only other thing I could do is to keep my console on all of the time, but that seems silly.
In terms of my availability, I live in the states, and I'm on central time.  I'm available from around 3 in the afternoon until usually around midnight or so.

2019-07-06 11:40:11

Not sure if this has been asked/answered already, but 1. Is M20 coming out on PC since I didn't notice anything about a PC beta.

2. If so are the menus on PC narrated? I don't see the point of getting an XB1 just for one game really

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-07-06 13:05:45

If everyone hates the idea of non rapping playbook/play selection menus feel free to ignore this, but I created a topic on the ea access forum. Feel free to like/comment on it so that it can get attention. I really do think this is an important but small fix that would help a lot if we had it before launch of 20, or even in an early patch.

2019-07-06 16:13:50

@136 my gamer tag for now is JCion97, and I’m in the East Coast.
Some of that stuff may help with releasing some processing power, but there is a lot going on there during gameplay. We’ll be good with the processing power coming next year.

"One Love"

2019-07-06 16:25:05

@Death, one of the problems with playbooks is that, if I understand Addolis correctly,  apparently they are updated throughout the year.  Therefore, you'd memorize them, but they'd change, and you'd be right back at square one.  Addolis, if I'm misunderstanding, clarification is welcome.
@T--Blaze, why is next year going to be better in terms of processing power?  Is there a new console coming out?  That sort of sucks, since I just bought this console.  Maybe I should have waited if that's the case.  But oh well.

2019-07-06 16:37:45

@JLove yeah we should be getting some new consuls next fall.

"One Love"

2019-07-06 17:01:08

I'm less focused on the plays themselves then ability to choose play type at this point. We will eventually need some kind of speech support for that, but non wrapping menus would help us confidently choose play type.

2019-07-06 20:20:50

@t-Blaze, well dammit.  That means I basically just wasted money on this console.  That really does not please me.
@death, When the game is started, and you are on offense for the first time, hit B a couple of times to get to that menu.  Then, go down three times to play type.  OCR tends to show the highlighted option by placing an O directly next to what's highlighted, or at least it does in my case.  When you choose play type, you're placed onto the passing menu.  The choices here are quick pass, which is currently highlighted when you enter the menu.  Next is standard pass, followed by shotgun pass, then playaction pass, screen pass, and finally, hail mary.  Next time I'm playing I'll get the run menu and post that.  Occasionally I still check to see what's highlighted with OCR. I.e., if I was highlighting the shotgun pass option, it would look like this for me:
quick pass
standard pass
O shotgun pass
playaction pass
screen pass
hail mary
Hope that helps.

2019-07-06 20:48:27

My struggle isn't exactly with the passes themselves, it's more that sometimes I'll leave the play type menu somehow and have no idea how to get back. That's why I think it'd be nice. I know that b down 3 gets there usually, but if I mess up for whatever reason that no longer works and I go from play type to... kicking a fake fg on second down.

2019-07-06 22:11:31

@JLove I don’t think you wasted your  Money. What did you get, and how much did you pay? Also light Death said we’re all good in that area, it’s just when something happens and you take a wrong turn on the menu. Using  OCR all the time it’s not ideal.  Then you end up trying to kick a field goal from your own 30 on second down.  Lol

"One Love"

2019-07-07 03:15:11

@T-blaze, I bought an XBox one S for $300.  I didn't buy the one x, since I don't need 4k graphics.
OCR isn't ideal, but it does seem to show the highlighted option fairly well.
On a side note, I'm logged into my console if anyone wants a match.  I hate that the XBox IOS app doesn't seem to notify me when people come online.  Is there a way to link the XBox to Skype maybe, and I can get notifications that way?

2019-07-07 12:28:04

I also agree with the comments above it would make life a lot easier if the menus didn't wrap and they were fixed like the main menu.
you can add members to your favourite list and they should pop up on your device just like if you get invited to a party it will turn up on your mobile device.
I take my hat off to the accessibility development team as I'm looking forward to the new game and enjoying the current one even with all is obstacles.
If anybody wants to add me on Xbox or playstation my GT is SIRPDEX
you can always catch me on Xbox in the party with the play to enjoy titans.
Boom  on off

2019-07-08 03:35:29

@JLove  300? Is that the one terabyte one?  Trust me I take  advantage  of OCR when I can, on other games and when plane off-line.  Is just tough when playing online.  And yeah, just friend and favorite people and you’ll be good. lafall!! Lol

"One Love"

2019-07-08 08:32:13

Hi.
I'm really disappointed to read that the new menu narration won't be released in the final game at all. I was looking so much forward to this. Sorry to say, but then I'll pass the game, and wait to see if the menu narration will be added in the future.
Having said that, I also wanna thank the whole accessibility team for working on this awesome concept. I think it will make a huge difference in the future.
I also wander if lowering the graphics when the menu narration is turned on would make a difference, or maybe have an option which totally disables the graphics .

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-07-08 10:58:19

Damn you blaze I will seek my revenge on you and la fumble will get his revenge you count on this. Lol
Big lynches going to make you hold his pocket