2019-09-20 14:39:58

SLJ: It is possible for me to link account across devices. If you are already playing StarLanes on Alexa, and want to link your telnet account to it, let me know your call code. Similarly, in the future, when we release on Google Assistant, we can link any telnet account your start now to a future Google Assistant account.

JansonBlaze: Thank for the report. I'll see if I can re-create it. I did a broad, rather than deep, wrapper. So it is going to miss a few things.
And, because it is broad, it has, technically, done all of my games. I've generally been trying to do some basic testing on each before I announce it. But feel free to try anything listed. If you have any problems with it, let me know. I think the power game and sub work work pretty well. And, from the logs, I saw someone play Six Swords for about an hour. So it should be workable!

2019-09-21 20:00:24

can we get this in canada?

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2019-09-22 04:51:02

You can access the telnet version from anywhere. Starlanes is available in all English speaking countries, Canada included.

2019-09-23 02:41:29

hi i cant see any thing i m useing cmd in windows   
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client

mscape Character is 'CTRL+]'
and thats all i get

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2019-09-23 02:50:51

I am useing mush client to connect, maybe vipmud will work too?

2019-09-23 17:11:40

i just get a blank window on vip

2019-09-23 21:51:20

Sorry, folks. Looks like my telnet implementation is less than perfect. I don't know what went wrong, but I gave it a kick and it came back. Please try now. I'll see if I can stick on some monitoring to test and warn me if it goes down again.

2019-09-27 23:43:12

I've added cargo purchase to StarTrade. You can check out the pre-release on telnet at api-staging.111george.com port 65500. Next I have to do cargo selling!

2019-09-29 00:03:15 (edited by zkline 2019-09-29 00:03:41)

Hi there,

I just got the following Java error when trying to connect to the pre-release.

Connecting to tsatsatzu.starlanes.trade as telnet$zkline
java.lang.NullPointerException:
  jo.audio.startrade.logic.UserLogic.newInstance(UserLogic.java:59)
  jo.audio.startrade.logic.OperationLogic.startInteraction(OperationLogic.java:46)
  jo.audio.startrade.app.StarTradeApplicationHandler.getFromSession(StarTradeApplicationHandler.java:72)
  jo.audio.util.state.logic.ApplicationHandler.interact(ApplicationHandler.java:79)
  jo.audio.startrade.app.StarTradeApplicationHandler.interact(StarTradeApplicationHandler.java:40)
  jo.audio.util.telnet.AppHandler.conductRequest(AppHandler.java:80)
  jo.audio.util.telnet.AppHandler.init(AppHandler.java:34)
  jo.audio.util.telnet.MultiAppTelnet.processSessionDialog(MultiAppTelnet.java:64)
  jo.audio.util.telnet.BaseTelnet.processSessionDialog2(BaseTelnet.java:408)
  jo.audio.util.telnet.BaseTelnet.processSessionDialog1(BaseTelnet.java:383)
  jo.audio.util.telnet.BaseTelnet.access$9(BaseTelnet.java:377)
  jo.audio.util.telnet.BaseTelnet$2.run(BaseTelnet.java:352)

Looking forward to being able to give the game another try once this is resolved smile

2019-09-29 20:16:25

Thank you! I'll try to get that sorted tonight. For some reason it thinks the starting world has no mainworld starport. O_o

2019-09-30 20:41:21

I managed to create a unit test that replicates this problem. I added in some debug messages... and the problem went away. O_o I'm still rather suspicious, but give the pre-release server another go.

2019-10-02 20:27:15

Nope, same error, I'm afraid.

2019-10-02 21:42:57

Can you shorten the hostname? Mudrammer can't connect because it's to long

2019-10-03 03:55:44

This is a very annoying bug. I put in more instrumentation and *poof* it disappears again. But I've tested it with your ID so the user creation has run. Even if the bug comes back, it shouldn't affect you.

Qentin, changing the hostname is problematic. However, the "production" host name is api.111george.com. Is that short enough?
I'd try it myself, but I don't have an iThing. I will put an enhancement request onto their forum though.

2019-10-03 07:13:08

I can't click on the connect button.

2019-10-03 13:42:44

Quentin, I heard back from MUDRammer. The problem is the port, not the name. So it is going to fail on the production one as well. :-(
However, the port is easier to change than the name. Let me work on that today.

2019-10-04 04:51:40

OK. I've updated the telnet server. It is now running on port 5500. That should make it compatible with MUDRammer. Please let me know if it works.

2019-10-04 06:13:38

I can connect but nothing happen.

2019-10-05 04:07:41

Sorry, the "nothing happened" was me failing to kickstart the production server. That's up and running now.
I did see from my error logs the first-time-user rearing it's ugly head again. And, once more, I've utterly failed to reproduce it. I'm going to go bang my head against the wall. Let me know if you have any troubles.

2019-10-31 15:25:17

Head's up: there have been some reports of cheating on Starlanes. I'm currently investigating. If you play the game and have noticed anything unusual, please let me know. (Or if you want to confess, I'll offer an amnesty!)

2019-11-08 23:37:16

I posted a remediation to Starlanes today. About 50 systems got flipped by an exploit. I've plugged the hole and since people are so keen on playing, I've also increased the regeneration rate, so people can play more legitimately. :-)

2020-08-17 06:55:29 (edited by grryfindore 2020-08-17 07:06:48)

Hi jjaquinta,
I have just bought an amazon echo, and I am very interested in all your titles, specially Star lanes and traders, but wouldn't say that 6 swords is not interesting either.
Unfortunately though, game only seems to support US UK English, and no others.
Would it be possible to add Other English speaking Countries? such as English IN?

Kept on trying to open starlanes yesterday, for my echo to go, are you looking for, star? startrack? starwars? lol
Edit:
Looks like the telnet version isn't working either, and it's been a year sinse any updates on this topic.
I hope jjaquinta is still working on these, his games were a major reason I bought the echo lol, along with the cursed painting.

Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter