2019-06-07 22:50:39

Has anyone had problems with the link, I am interested in this game but when I get to the download link on the  sight, it gives a 404 error. Is this normal?

2019-06-07 22:58:32

try using firefox or google crome. This internet explorer is becomming useless as the years go bye.

2019-06-08 01:47:30

hello,

there have been a couple updates since yesterday, I need to update my game but don't know how to transfer my save file. Which file in the folder is your saves?

2019-06-08 02:17:34

oh my god!. this game is cool!

2019-06-08 02:18:14

Saves are userdata..
The name of the file is save and slot number.dat

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-06-08 02:21:04

monster,monster, monster!
i like to make a monster!

2019-06-08 03:30:50

I just override the folder and files and it works.

2019-06-08 04:06:21

Pleeeease does anyone know the music in the main menu, the park, and the monster Association, oh, and the music when you revive a monster please?

2019-06-08 07:17:23

@79, yeah that would be cool if we can mod sounds and make this game highest quality ever possible.

2019-06-08 08:48:02

awesome game! my main is an mp3 file, I also have one from the game executable smile. game is awesome!

2019-06-08 12:19:05

How many monsters are there in the game? I've been thinking of trying it. Just wanna make sure if it's a kind that captures my interest for long. You guys have reputation for being capable of developping complex and interesting games. This one may catch my interest too.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-06-08 12:35:38

It's not a long game. I already completed it. I played for 2.5 days straight. It is interesting, yeah, but short.

2019-06-08 12:40:54

Complete? What do you do to complete the game?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-06-08 12:53:23

Win all four competitions up to s4 rank.

2019-06-08 13:31:14 (edited by goran 2019-06-08 13:52:23)

@112, Actually I wouldn't call it short exactly. I mean, as you said, you played for 2.5 days. for those who don't have as much free time it is a long game. The way you manage your monster affects how long does it take you to master all competitions as well.
with that being said, I was expecting rising in ranks harder than it is now. Also, an online battling system of some sort makes it one of the most fun games ever IMO, especially since it lets you combine your previous monsters, making things a bit unpredictable.

2019-06-08 13:49:55

@115 yeah, for those who have not much time to spend it will be a pritty long one, lol.

2019-06-08 14:58:57

I'd love to see online competition as well. That'd be awesome. What happens after you complete the game though? Does it make you start over? I'd love to see my game go on and on with new monsters I add, would add to the fact that I can collect them too, to see how many of them are in the game.

2019-06-08 16:47:38

You can do searching by getting your monster to 20 popularity. I mentioned some of the keyboard shortcuts I found in post 43, which include g to check money, b to check about your monster, v to return to previous menu, f5 and f6 to change sounds and music volume and w y and m to check the year, month and day respectively.

As to completing the game, since most monsters that you encounter whilst searching are S rank, i assumed that winning competitions was only half of what you had to do, then again my monster is only c rank at the moment so there's still a lot further to, go for me, and of course there are lots of other monsters to try, indeed you seemt to have a monster spotter book in your house which lists different monster types you've encountered with info, and filling that will take time I think.

From what I can gather, you learn techniques by having your monster see them used in battle against you, though what monsters learn what techniques or whether this is related to the intelligence stat I'm not sure.

I'm personaly less bothered about online battles or contests than I am about seeing more events and things to do, EG dungeons with bosses to fight as Bookrage said the monster rancher games had, which  you to train different monsters and blend them together to get strong enough creatures to complete, but hay, even if your monsters  possible to slaughter the game at s rank that still leaves lots of stuff to do.

I'll be interested to see the new updates, I hope some of the search items are translated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-08 17:32:22

I would love to see actual dungeons. A part of me is wanting first person dungeons because the menu structure is so similar to other first person dungeon crawlers already, but I think that would be hard for a lot of people, so I would be happy with an overhead view.

Are ribbons good for anything besides selling?

2019-06-08 18:27:19

in regards to completing the game.

Beating S rank is always a goal in those games, but it is not all. And there are also crazy hard things to do in many games like this even after you beat the S Ranks stuff such as supercompetitions you can't enter until you have beaten S. Also beyond just winning once, the game has a very large assortment of monsters. Just because you won with a goblin doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun to win with a worm too, and each species would present its own unique challenges.

It's sort of like a fighter game. In MOrtal Kombat, you might be able to beat the game on hardest difficulty with sub-zero, but what about Scorpion, Sonya, Kano, and everyone else? They play differently so even with your mastery of Sub-zero, you'll still have a challenge.

Also there is a lot of secrets in the old Monster Rancher series that are very well hidden, such as things you can do to unlock special hidden monster types, hidden dungeons/items/pieces of equipment, special competitions that don't normally appear until you have done certain things. and the like.

In the Monster Rancher series, beating S rank was no easy task, but finding all the secrets in the game often took months, even if you played a whole lot. Even a lot of secret stuff in many of the monster rancher games despite me playing them and doing very well, I never actually found, even though wikis told me about them and I knew they were real.

as for ribbons, don't know for certain, but sometimes giving items to monsters makes them happy or helps them rest or other things. For example, in the older monster rancher games, you could give honey candy to a monster to make it happy. It also made them a little fat so it was bad to do it often, but it could boost your bond. Most monsters like getting gifts. You also can use certain items to slim down a fat monster, help them rest, or other things. Or you can give them toys which help make them happy. or make them train better.

I don't know what ribbons do specifically, but just a possibility of what they do.

As for jewel fragments, if they are labeled as a particular species, you can add them to combinations of monsters to shake things up a bit. for example, you could add a goblin jewel fragment to a combination to bring some goblin into the mix or make goblin crossbreed outcomes more likely.

I'm not sure if that is how it works but there was an item in the older monster rancher series called "disk chips" that did that sort of thing.

2019-06-08 18:47:48

You actually played monster rancher? How the heck? Now I'd like to try.
I really like it when I come across monster breeding game that's not just about training, getting skills and put it to fight. I like when monsters have personality/preference. That makes it a lot more interesting. Just some minutes ago I went to check around to see if some monster games were out there for me to play, and realized that despite of it being up, Psypets was dead. This is one heck of a game I miss back in my old days. I wanna see games like that again. I haven't yet tried this thing, but if it gives that level of complexity, I'm in.
Also, anyone have monster breeding games to recommend? Anything that's not dull?

2019-06-08 19:30:50

This one for sure.

The latest update translated stuff relating to searching.

Does your save data carry over once you beat the game? That will be reason enough to keep playing.

If you revive a new monster and take it over, what happens to the current one? Does it lose happiness in the hibernation chamber?

2019-06-08 19:48:54

Hello.
This game is addicting, so cool.
I have a suggestion, and I know this is to early to suggest:
Can we add an online mode, we can either battle, or do competitions.
There should be an english manual to explain some contest rules, such as the flag catching thing.
And is there anyway to skip the discriptions? for example when choosing to walk with your monster in the park.
Thanks.

2019-06-08 20:09:44

It seems currently that searching is better done when you have tougher monsters, especially because not all the search points are in good places,  pretty much all the wild monsters are S rank, so even whe your finished withe competitions there are things to do, and of course there are always f rank competitions. Then again I've only just got to b rank in contests and c rank in everything else, so I've got a ways to go yet.

i'm also interested in that when you start experimenting with gems, occasionally you find a description of one that is "too dangerous to handl", one  these was amusingly enough when I tried to make a monster out of the main title theme from season 1 of game of thrones big_smile.

Since you seem to have a trainer rank based on what competitions you've won, I assume therefore that more powerful  creatures can be created when you've leveled up, making  game potentially very possible to play for long periods with different creatures, especially since creature creation seems pretty random.

The only thing I do wish is that  some items were more logical, for example I'm not sure exactly what feeding your monsters some foods does, EG there is a herb in the volcano that is said to make your monsters angry, and one of the sweets apparently makes them confused, but neither seemdd to have any effect, unless your supposed to use them over a sustained period.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-08 20:17:23 (edited by goran 2019-06-08 20:18:04)

what are we supposed to do while searching?exactly?
I started searching  and moved around a lot, breaking the walls in my way, But nothing interested happened, and I was getting a message about doing 0 surveys at the end of each week.