2019-05-29 18:13:56

Hi there.
I've made a blog a while ago.
The blog in question, was made for sharing with you tutorials about programming topics such as audiogames development.
Would you guys be interested on help me to raise some funds for the server? I've already found some people who would contribute to the blog and I believe they are really valuable people with a solid experience on the topic.

Paul

2019-05-29 21:35:43

I'd be very much happy to contribute, though I'm sorry I can't since right now my knowledge on the subject is not exactly to the satisfying point, neither could I donate, for the country I live in is under hefty sanctions, thus getting a Paypal account is nearly impossible for the ordinary citizens. It would be very kind of you to share the blog, I am rather curious. Maybe I could learn something about Audio game development after all. And I sincerely wish you best of luck on the Blog project mate.

2019-05-30 02:38:41

If hosting is your main expense, and your site is just a simple blog, I highly recommend looking into static site creation with Jekyll and similar options. You can host those blogs for free on GitHub.

Host of Sightless Fun, podcast about visual accessibility in modern Board Games.

Follow on Twitter

2019-05-30 06:28:34

the blog has been created with flask which is a python web framework.

Paul

2019-05-30 09:10:40

You want to host your blog with an FTP access, SSL certificate and stuff?
Drop me an email at
[email protected]
and we can work out something which will be good for you

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-30 09:23:32

@5, I'd prefer to have control to the VPS directly, as I can manage stuff with virtual environments and etc.

Paul

2019-05-30 09:26:17

Ah OK then, so what languages will you be talking about?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-05-30 12:30:58

'hi, i am learning python my self, and i wouldn't mind donating, I am assuming you will be running linux, so really you need 1 to 2 gigs of ram, how ever storige might be higher because of the fackt that this is a blog not a simple website, if you get some donations trie digital owtion you can get the first 2 munths free, if you find the write link, and after that it should cost around 5 to 10 dollars, hope that helps!',

Have a lovely day.

2019-05-30 12:51:13

@7 you mean in the blog?
I was mainly thinking about python and c# since I'm learning it as a second language, and tush it would be a place where I can write things I learn.
@8
I wanted to use vultr which has cheaper servers than DO. It has a minimum server cost of 3 $ and 50 but I predict I will have to pay a minimal amount of 5 $ since I will need at least 1 GB of RAM for the  database.

Paul

2019-05-30 13:08:54

Paul, if you will definitelly discuss C#, I'm in!

2019-05-30 13:20:08

the idea is not to stick to a unique language. The more content we can write in, the better and the more can people benefit from it.
So certainly, I will need a bunch of people.
Now, I believe I will have to optimize the blog a bit to add the possibility to create drafts that can be edited by people in a second moment.

Paul

2019-05-30 13:40:20

I'm actually going to refactor the blog and remake it with django. ha, ha, ha.

Paul

2019-05-30 14:50:12

Is there a reason why you're going with a full fledged database and so much overhead for a simple blog where you will just have text + code? Seriously, check out static site hosting on Github if you haven't already. All the posts are written in Markdown .md files and are easy to manage.

I recommend checking out this theme to get going quickly: https://mmistakes.github.io/minimal-mistakes/

Host of Sightless Fun, podcast about visual accessibility in modern Board Games.

Follow on Twitter

2019-05-30 15:50:56 (edited by Ilya 2019-05-30 15:51:53)

hi, i was thinking the blog would be about 1 topick and only 1 topick, it's cool that we can have a bunch of topicks, i would be willing to do mediocre to advanced html and javascript post's

Have a lovely day.

2019-05-30 16:26:10

@13 honestly for the challenge. I've made a blog from scratch and it would be actually rewarding using something which I've made.
But if in the long term that wouldn't work out, I'd consider your idea.

Paul

2019-05-30 16:27:23

@14
Currently the blog has a category system, and a category has subcategories. Which means that a category named programming can have in it's self an other called tutorials which contain post about that certain category.

Paul

2019-05-30 18:03:12

cool, so is the blog currently up, and if so what's the url? thanks

Have a lovely day.

2019-05-30 20:12:29

no the blog is not.

Paul

2019-05-30 21:50:39

ok,

Have a lovely day.