2019-05-25 16:32:26

Hello, a petition to prohibit topic creators from deleting topics. I suppose it's ok if they delete posts, but if the post is the first post of a topic then it should not be allowed to be deleted. Last night Masonian's Endless Runner topic disappeared, because he deleted it, and 90+ other posts with it, and I don't know if there's any way to get it back. That is quite a destructive thing to do, especially for things like transparency. It should not be allowed to happen.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-05-25 16:36:10

YEAH, I'm also interested what happened to masons endless runner.

2019-05-26 04:24:12

Why exactly was it deleted? How exactly is it not transparent to delete topics? Every forum I've been apart of allows you to delete topics you've created.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-26 13:02:36

heh i'm surprised what was reason for deleting this topic? and unfortunately my lots of post disappeared ahem. So doesn't matter my posts is disappeared or no but why it's deleted?

Yours kindly

2019-05-26 16:20:05

I'm torn on this issue. On one hand, you as the OP should have the right to delete your topic if you so choose. On the other, do you really have the right to wipe out everything that was said in that topic? That's the question. I'm leaning towards no, but it's a quandary. I don't ever recall seeing a forum where the OP couldn't delete their own topic though.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-26 17:22:44

I don't understand why Mason would suddenly delete his topics. As far as I know, Endless Runner was getting some really good feedback and there was not much negativity. I thought he was going to create a newer version of it as well?

2019-05-26 17:44:26

The only thing we can do is hope that Mason himself sheds light on the issue.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-05-30 23:19:03

He left us again.

2019-05-31 22:09:28

Allow creaters of posts and topics to click a delete link that replaces the contents of the post with placeholder text but does not delete the post or topic. That way, people know that a post has been deleted and understand that there may be gaps in conversation, and insures that mentions such as "@13" are not off by one post number.

2019-06-01 01:36:34 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-06-01 01:43:36)

As seen with the Mahdi topic  and his  subsequent ban   a ways back, the ability to delete topics can sometimes bee used to make something you don't want others to see  disappear. It allows drama creators to hide what they have done. And an allowed something like this to happen out of nowhere. All the history of what someone has done could be  erased  by deleting topics.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-06-01 06:57:18

I fully agree with post 9. I do think a person should have the right to delete topics or posts that they don't want to be kept around for whatever reason, but I don't think it's fair to be able to take all the rest of the posts in that topic with it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.