2019-05-23 19:49:58

I'm pretty sure a topic like this was created before, but for the android users here,  what are your personal favorite accessible android apps?

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2019-05-23 20:56:09

Here's a few of mine, in no particular order. YouTube Vanced, Discord, Pulsar, VLC, DataDex, Windscribe, What the Forecast.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-05-23 22:55:52

The idea of youtube vanced sounds awesome really, but, is there anything that can do the same, look mostly like youtube and is on the playstore?
I am lazy to install an apk at the momment lol.
Btw, does youtube vanced look the same as the normal youtube app?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-05-24 00:00:41

Nothing like Vanced is on the Play Store and never will be, because Google doesn't want you to use YouTube without ads without paying, among other things. Vanced does look exactly like the official YouTube app, though, because it is in fact the official YouTube app, but with some modifications.

2019-05-24 02:16:33

I don't understand how to get and install this Youtube vanced. I don't understand which one I need as well as the app to make sure you can log in to Youtube. I have not modified my phone in anyway as far as doing the equivalent of a JailBreak. So, if anyone would be willing to help me, that would be really awesome. Thanks a lot.

2019-05-24 03:13:50

Go to the website, click on non root downloads, and download the latest version (14.10.53 as of this writing). Also download Micro G vanced from the same page if you want to be able to log in. Get the apk files to your phone somehow, either physically or through cloud services such as Dropbox, and then just open the apk files on your phone. If you've never installed from an apk file, you will probably have to enable installation from unknown sources. Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly how to do that because every phone is different, but a quick google should get you on the right track. Your phone may also prompt you to enable this when you try to install the apk for the first time.
Hope that helps.

2019-05-24 06:48:16

YouTube Vanced sounds cool, I'll definitely install that

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2019-05-24 12:57:48

Discord is accessible on android? no shit? fuck yes! I have to try this.

2019-05-24 20:23:17 (edited by Mayana 2019-05-24 20:34:14)

F-Droid, the store I get most of my apps from. It only contains open source apps. Most of the links below will be for apps from it, but there're still quite a few gems in there that I won't mention, so feel free to install it and explore!
https://f-droid.org/en/
Yalp Store, the app I use for getting Google Play Store apps without using it. That way I can update system apps and the few apps I've got that aren't from F-Droid without needing a Google account. I'm still connecting to Google, of course, but it's much more private.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.git … yalpstore/
Blokada, a simple, fast and efficient ad-blocker that doesn't require root. Since it can't edit the hosts file (you need root for that), all connections have to pass through it so it can stop the ones in the blacklist. Android recognizes it as a VPN, but it is not one. Pretty sure you can't use it together with a VPN because of that, though.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.blokada.alarm/
Fennec F-droid, basically just Firefox, but with a few proprietary things removed. Firefox's my favorite browser, since it works well, is accessible, and there're many privacy add-ons and about:config tweaks you can customize it with.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.moz … ec_fdroid/
Gentle Alarm, one of thew Play Store apps I use. I tried finding an open source alternative, but the ones I tried either weren't accessible, or had barely any features. My favorite thing about this app is that it can shuffle my music collection, so I wake up to a different favorite song each day. Very awesome!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en
NewPipe, a more private way to watch YouTube videos. It's accessible for the most part, but there're a few unlabeled buttons. My favorite feature is being able to subscribe to channels without a Google account.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.schabi.newpipe/
Periodical, a menstrual calendar. An unusual choice of app to recommend here, but let's do it anyway! tongue It's simple, but does what it's supposed to well enough.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/de.arno … eriodical/
RadioDroid, a large collection of internet radios. It's got only a few unlabeled buttons, and those are easy to figure out. The list of tags is very long, so finding the station you want to listen to can be a pain. But if you already know the name, you can just use the search feature.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.pro … diodroid2/
Total Commander, a file manager that's full of features but still simple to use. It's the most accessible file manager app I've found so far, and works very well.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en
Tusky, a simple and fast Mastodon client. Mastodon's a social network that's somewhat similar to Twitter, but much less awful. It's very accessible and privacy friendly. Instead of joining the main site, like you do with more popular social networks, you choose an instance that's focused on a topic you're interested in. But which instance you choose doesn't actually matter that much, since you can follow people from all other instances, as well as other social networks in the Fediverse, like Friendica (similar to Facebook) or PeerTube (similar to YouTube).
Wait ... I got distracted, didn't I? This's supposed to be about apps! smile
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.key … ace.tusky/
Units, a simple unit converter. One of those apps that I don't use often, but keep around just in case.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/info.st … oid.units/
Vanilla Music, a music player with a decent amount of features. It has the features that I find most important, like browsing and playing by folders and being able to pause and switch through songs using a notification, as well as some less important but useful ones, like turning the music off when headphones are disconnected. The search and menu buttons aren't labeled, but it's not hard to remember which's which. One thing that does annoy me is that the shuffle and repeat buttons don't tell you what they're set to, not even when you press them. But over all, it's a great open source replacement to Pulsar.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/ch.blin … d.vanilla/
I'm sure I've forgotten a few of them, but this list's long enough as it is. I might have too many apps. smile

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2019-05-24 23:02:15

the most useful of them all for me is "eye d"
Blackberry launcher is quite accessible and very simple to use.
For music I always have liked MortPlayer Music
because of its remote controls and accessibility all around.

As for unit converting, math, or whatever, unless you go somewhere without signal, google assistant is pretty nifty  at almost everything it can accomplish.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-05-25 08:52:06

Fildo apk. One for the music headshmmmm.

2019-08-28 14:55:57

Everyone needs to use Nova Launcher. All joking aside, I use Nova and haven't turned back since. The customization is beyond any other launcher I've downloaded and it's fully accessible. There's a pro version called Nova Launcher Prime which I'd recommend buying if you like Nova Launcher because it adds more options to customize#.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-27 04:35:23

yo.
I just registered to windscribe, but I only have 2 gb even if I requested my 10 gb. Is this correct how it starts? I entered my email yeah.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-07-27 08:27:48

Hi,

Another very accessible music player you should definitely try is Musicolet. It can scan the whole device for audio files and sort it to albums, interprets, etc, like iTunes. While scanning and even after this, you can exclude certain folders to not be included in the music structure, I find the app to be very good.

2020-07-27 18:51:14 (edited by Nikole234 2020-07-28 11:14:59)

My list of apps includes:
VLV player
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube Kids (for my son)
free streaming apps (PopcornTime, Movie HD, TVplayer)
Telegram
Viber
Google Chrome
Google Drive suite
1Weather
Actually, I install and delete other apps, so I mentioned only those that I use almost every day.

2020-07-27 20:02:24

Hello,

I'll make a pretty big list of ALL my apps from my phone. You can choose to install which one you want. Let me know if you want the APK for any of those.

Amazon Alexa: For my Echo Dot.
APKPure: For downloading APK files that are not on Google Play Store.
Assistant: That's the Google Assistant app, which is not officially supported for my phone.
AudioFX: That's an app which came preinstalled with my custom ROM which allows you to change the way things sound on your phone while wearing headphones.
Authenticator: That's Google Authenticator, currently using it for my 2FA on Discord and Instagram.
Battery Widget Reborn 2019: A widget which shows the battery status on your home screen. It's pretty beautiful for the sighted or visually impaired folks out here.
Boot animations: An app which lets you change your animation when the phone boots. Works only for rooted devices.
Brave: The browser I use both on my PC and phone, which has built-in adblock on all websites and is really friendly for those that use Chrome.
Canva: For those that have enough vision to edit photos. It's pretty good on that.
Censor Bleep: Used to bleep whenever you wanna swear. Used for entertainment and fun only.
Cleaner 2020 for Instagram: Helps you unfollow everyone in case you want to have 0 followed people.
ClipClaps: Helps me earn a little bit of cash while watching fun videos. It's legit, and paid me a couple times.
Cloud Mail.Ru: A cloud service that helps you securely store your files.
ColorNote: An app that helps you note things, it's pretty interesting.
Deezer: The app I use to listen to music. It's a modified version that has no ads or paid memberships. I can't use Spotify as it's not supported in my country.
Digital Clock Widget: As its name suggests, a widget which shows you the time on your home screen.
Discord: Everyone surely knows what's that.
Drive: That's Google Drive, don't use pretty often, though I have an unlimited account.
Duo: An app which came preinstalled with my phone. Don't use it at all.
eBay: The app I use to order things.
Epic Games: The launcher for Fortnite and other mainstreams I play.
eSpeak NG: The TTS I use for my phone.
Evie: The launcher I use daily. Tried Nova, but that doesn't seem good for me.
FaceApp: For entertainment and fun, to edit your selfies if you have enough vision to make them.
Fake Call: For pranking my parents. big_smile
Fake Chat: For making fake WhatsApp chats.
FM Radio: Came preinstalled with my phone, and works pretty great for listening local radios.
Fonts: An app which lets you change the fonts of your keyboard while typing.
FreeMcServer.net: The app for my free Minecraft server hosting.
Frequency Generator: For generating high frequencies. Helps when my dog's barking and I wanna stop that.
Funsta: For making fake Instagram chats.
Ghost Detector: For my 7-year old sister, pretty entertaining for her, not for me, though.
Heart Rate Monitor: Helps you check your heart rate by holding your finger on the phone's camera while it scans. Mine is 110 while typing this, don't know why. big_smile
IFTTT: used for a lot of things related to smart home automation.
ImageBlur: Used to blur unwanted parts from a photo.
Instastatistics: Gives you detailed statistics on your Instagram account, more than the Instagram app itself can give.
JBL Connect: For my JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth speaker.
Jieshuo: A very good replacement for TalkBack. I use it daily. It's way better than TalkBack.
Joom: Used to order things that are not available or are too expensive on eBay.
Lens: Used to make PDF documents out of real papers, only by using your phone's camera.
Lesser AudioSwitch: Helps you ignore the headset mic when it doesn't work or doesn't sound pretty great. When this app is properly used, you can use your internal mic even while you have headphones plugged.
Lucky Patcher: Won't talk much about this here as it might be against the forum rules. PM me for info.
Magisk Manager: For those of you with rooted devices. This is the main tool for maintaining your phone rooted.
MICB Mobile: The app I use for mobile banking of my credit card. This app works only in Moldova.
Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard: The keyboard I type with. It's pretty interesting and customizable.
Mobizen: The tool I use to record my screen with.
Music Center: For my Sony SRS XB41 Bluetooth Speaker.
My Orange: The app for my country's mobile provider.
Next Track: The app that lets you make your volume buttons change the songs, or do more with your audio control.
Office Lens: Another app for making PDF documents out of papers.
OK.ru: A russian social network like Facebook.
PayPal: Who doesn't know what's this?
Phone Finder for Alexa: For those moments when I lose my phone in the house and can't find it.
PicsArt: Same as Canva, helps you edit photos.
QuickSupport: Let a friend remotely control your phone if you need assistance.
Radio Box: An app for playing local or foreign radios.
RAR: Same as WinRAR on Windows.
Remote Desktop: Control your PC from your phone securely using your Google account.
Remove Unwanted Objects: Same as ImageBlur, removes unwanted parts from a photo.
Roblox: A mainstream minigames app.
Root Browser: For rooted devices, access your system files.
Root Checker Basic: Checks if your phone is properly rooted.
Root Essentials: Different tools for your rooted device.
SAI: For installing APKS files.
Shazam: For identifying songs near you.
Simple Reboot: For rooted devices, lets you reboot your device in different ways.
Snapmod: Makes a photo look like it's on a screen of your chosen phone.
Song Key Finder: For you musicians out here, helps you quickly identify the key of a song.
SonicMelody: Helps you remove vocals or make acapella for a song using Spleeter from Deezer.
Spin the Wheel App: Helps you add things in a wheel, then spin it. For decisions or entertainment.
Sullivan+: For identifying what's near you by making a photo of the place. It can also tell you the estimated age of a person.
System App Safe Remover: For removing system apps. Rooted devices only.
SystemUI Tuner: Shows some hidden settings of your ROM and lets you change them.
TeamTalk: Well, a VoIP app which lets you talk to your friends through a server.
TeamViewer: Remotely control your friend's PC or phone.
Telegram: An app like WhatsApp.
Tellonym: An app for Q&A times.
TikTok: Well, for watching different user-made clips.
Trovo: A very good replacement for Twitch.
Truecaller: Identify people that call you with hidden numbers.
Viber: An app like Telegram and WhatsApp.
Vocalizer Voices: For your TTS needs.
Voloco: For auto-tuning your voice and singing.
Volume Audio Assistant: For changing the volume of a certain app.
WhatsApp: Well, everyone knows what's that.
WhatsAuto: An app that helps you make your own chatbot for WhatsApp.
Wireboard: An app that helps you make your PC keyboard be usable for phone through wireless.
Y.Taxi: An app like Uber for calling taxi in our country.
YouTube Vanced: For watching YouTube without ads and in the background.
Zedge: For your ringtone needs.
Zeno Radio: The app used for my radio station.
Zoom: For video conferences.

That's all for now. I know I have a lot of apps, and If you managed to read up through here, you're great! Let me know which one you wanna try and I'll give you an APK for it.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2020-07-27 21:04:37

@StormProductions, A lot of those sound fun to mess around with for a while. I've been trying to get my Moto G7 Power to root for ages now, to no luck each time.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-07-27 21:23:40

@16 if you have Google Assistant you don't need Shazam. Just ask Google what song is this?

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-07-28 19:57:08

Oh!
I have about 189 apps in my phone currently, and some of them are system apps preinstalled by the manufacturer.
Some of the mentionables include:
SnapDrop: a web app to quickly transfer text and files between PC and Phone. Sadly, it forgets text properties and paragraphs while doing so. File sharing is good and it can be accessed at www.snapdrop.net
PasteEasy: This is not that easy to find on the playstore, but is very useful and reliable with clipboard sharing.
Solid Explorer: a must have file explorer to browse every imaginable storage and cloud storage with a clean and unified interface.
Files by Google: another file manager with some very useful cleaning features.
Proton VPN: Only use it to watch shows which aren't available in my country.
Hi-Q recorder: to record and backup recordings to cloud quickly.
Office Lense and Adobe scann: both to scann and creat PDF document using camera.
WoMike: to use my phone as mike for my PC.
EasyReader: to read books.
Kibo: to read books and other stuff.
And many of the already mentioned apps such as Newpipe, Netflix, Spotify, Twitter, Teligramm, podcasts by google, VLC for casting to my TV, PowerAmp for playing music on phone, Nova Launcher prime as default launcher, MiRemote to control appliances, Sullivan plus, Speak, Envision AI, etc etc.

2020-07-28 20:02:44

If you have a Pixel there's also Lookout. It needs some work but it will do in a pinch.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-07-28 22:56:51 (edited by JasonBlaze 2020-07-28 22:57:30)

hi there at  StormProductions post #16:, I send you a pm

2020-08-08 10:35:33

at 16
if possible please zip them to a folder and upload, thanks

2020-08-08 11:14:45

From I've known YouTube Vanced haven't update for ages. Also, TikTok? Is this really accessible? Last time I used, nothing read by TalkBack nore Voice Assistant.

2020-08-08 16:37:15

I believe it's still being update quite frequently

2020-08-08 17:56:23

@Socheat, YouTube Vanced seems to be updated frequently, and it's easier than ever, thanks to the new Vanced Manager. TikTok is accessible, to the loosest definition. It's only just usable, so text and buttons are read, but buttons and icons are given ambiguous labels read by screen readers, so it's easier if you know what icons look like.