2021-12-13 09:57:59

Burden mode is pretty fun but the problem is there's only 3 kinds of  bad items. I think it would make the mode interesting if there were more bad item types such as:
Enemy speed up: all enemies move 50% faster for some time
Weak punch: enemies take multiple hits to be defeated, tstarting with 2 and either doubling or increasing for each iteration of the item you pick up
reverse arrow keys: your arrow keys are reversed for a time. Reverses again for each iteration

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-12-13 10:12:00

I thought of similar ideas, but the needs of item voices rerecording stopped me. I would have done that if I were able to ask for the additional recordings for all voice contributors with the same recording quality / effects.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2021-12-13 15:42:08

The new mode is ridiculous.
Also though, I'm getting an "ssl certificate expired" when trying to post scores or check for game updates.

2022-01-04 09:46:46

heya there,
sorry for reviving this topic once again, but I have one question. On Mac you can't modify the sounds right? I can't seem to find them and I tend to mess a lot with this on windows.
Thanks.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2022-01-04 12:50:51

The ssl certificate error is because the root certificate on your machine is old. OS upgrading solves the issue in most cases.
It might be possible to modify sounds on mac by entering the screamingstrike2.app directory with terminal and navigating to Contents/MacOS/Resources or something. I don't know if it breaks the app bundle's code signeture validity though. Or you can just run from source.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2022-01-05 02:48:42

it doesn't work, I didn't really do it via terminal but via the context menu, open package contents, and no luck. I can't really seem to find a sounds folder on resources, however I didn't hit the keystroke shift command dot to see if it does something inside it.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2022-01-05 02:50:20

oh there it is, forget it hahaha I just found the thing.

Take care.
Mike.