2019-05-17 22:08:29

Hello there.
Below are links to two recordings made by myself and tobias heath. These dive right into the game play of huntation, a game in the stile of super egg hunt. It's still in very erly beta stages, and chances are a lot will have changed by the time the aficial release happens. Anyway, enough talk, here are the links to those recordings.
Recording 1, charlie, AKA myself.
http://cmerry.tk/huntation_demo_charlie.mp3
Recording 2, tobias.
http://cmerry.tk/huntation_demo_tobias.mp3
I hope you enjoy, and feel free to leave any feedback, comments, ideas, whatever.

2019-05-17 23:13:29

This... isn't even anything new. It's just super egg hunt recoded. The only difference I can gather is that you don't have a chicken, so it's like the classic mode with super egg hunt, and there are items for spawning clocks instead of them just spawning manually, and the only other difference is that there is an item for speed boost instead of 3 eggs being collected.
Literally super egg hunt if Liam were to change 15 lines.

Twitter: stevo399
Have a nice day!

2019-05-17 23:58:05

I'm with post 2 after listening to the demo.

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 00:02:58

Me too, honestly. I don't really see the point.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2019-05-18 01:29:34

me too. It kind of sounds like it has no point exept the things super egghunt already has.

Hi, I am simter, 14 years old, from germany. If you want to conntact me, my email is [email protected] and my skype karmienmedias.
Hay. Ich bin simter, 14 jahre alt, aus deutschland. Wenn du mit mir in kontakt treten möchtest, meine email ist [email protected] und mein skype ist karmienmedias.

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 03:41:22

Moderation:

I've moved this topic to the General room as this is not exactly a released game yet. Please from now on keep audio demos out of New Releases and in General.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my space bar. Prepare to die!

http://l-works.net

2019-05-18 11:41:17

Actually, clocks do spawn on a timer as well. And items could potentially be used for other things as well, that's why I added them in the first place. Like I said, this has litterilly been in the cards for less than a month, so it's obviously not gunna be all that advanced yet, I just wanted to show off this erly preview in the hope that people might have some ideas to make it more different to super egg hunt. One thing that'll be happening just as soon as I can get good enough sounds are game modes. I have a few ideas for some, but won't spoil them just yet.

2019-05-18 11:54:05

pointless, it's just an other copy of a game

2019-05-18 13:26:34

well i think it's same super egg hunt but with some changes, but i know it's on beta stages so i hope you will add more modes and good things in the game.

you can contact me with email: [email protected], or you can find me in quentine sceenes playroom named gamer2004

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 14:00:10

ok ceriously people are dam weird
in the mainstream community, all the games stoll i mean use the ideas from each other
our community lacks of games that worth playing, were i'm at least tired of tk up cloes
maybe the idea is same, the concept is same, at least the codebase is right, at least its not a sourceclone

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 14:25:16

So. Let me show you how easy it is to create a new and some what original idea. In fact. I'm going to give away three of them.

1. You fly a space ship through a gauntlet of enemies. it's a hybrid between a racing game, and a shoot em up. Make it to the end of the level clearing enemies and avoiding things. score is based on what you've killed and avoided.

2. This one is a side scroller, but you play as a cowboy who wields a magical guitar. It can be old west themed with stuff like that. Your guitar could act like a ranged weapon which let's you play different notes to cast various things. And you could bash people over the head with it.

3. Venture down to the local carnival with a full top down movement system to explore the midway. Walk up to and interact with various carnival games. Hey. You could even have virtual prizes and unlock more carnival games. Maybe throw in a cool story mode as well?

See? It's not hard to come up with an idea. It took me all of two minutes to jot down those three.

Copy less. Innovate more.

2019-05-18 14:27:34

i think this is a clone of super eg hunt

if you like more advanced tutorial for the blind,
subscribe hear
[my facebook groop]
[follow me on twitter!]

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 15:22:59 (edited by omer 2019-05-18 15:23:25)

Liam, his adatude of, hey super egg hunt seems borring, well i want to create myne instead, is sort of rong yeah i agree with that part
but in these cclone fludded audiogames world, this one feels like a safehouse lol

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 15:34:19

Ok time to put my feedback here. So as he said this is like a very very early beta, the foundation/basics. Yeah it is pretty much a super egg hunt classic clone, not code clone of course, just a concept clone.
I do hope and look forward to any twists they can put on this though because as he said its a early early beta and more things are to come. If he can make this different than just super egghunt then good luck charlie. If its not different, than hey at least you've messed with your coding skills a little more I guess and I hope developing this will lead to something even better but I think you will be able to turn something like this into something interesting.

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 15:45:36 (edited by amerikranian 2019-05-18 15:46:39)

Okay so really? Just, why! Most of the people go "It's pointless!" Many people forget that, from what the OP said, this is an early demo. While I disagree with Charlie about posting this so soon for precisely the posts we see here, I do believe that this has potential.
@Liam, with all do respect, ask yourself this: How many of your games were truly original? Now, hang on, hear me out. In no way do I say that you steal code or anything of the sort. All I ask is for you to consider how other games inspired you to make something like SL, JD, or SE. Charlie is in the same situation. Yes, the concept is not that original, yes, as of now the game feels way too close to super egg hunt, but I urge everyone here to patiently wait until the game is released to the world. Feel free to talk trash about it then, at least you'll have a solid ground to stand on, because right now you heard a rough draft of what the final product is going to be and that can change in a blink of an eye.

Coding is not hard. No, not at all.
What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.
This is what truly takes a large amount of effort on a developer's part.

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 15:59:24

I also have to second what omer said about mainstreme copying each other all the time. Just look at the amount of marrio clones floating around on appstore. Yeah, I like the super egg hunt concept, I want to create something similar. What's so wrong with that? Also liam, just because you make a game with a somewhat original concept, doesn't mean it's now copyrighted or something. Heck, i'm willing to bet there's probably even lots of mainstreme games similar to super egg hunt, and those may have even been around since before super egg hunt was even thought of. Then there's jd, which is pretty much based off of every clasic space invaders game ever made.

2019-05-18 16:07:43

amerikranian wrote:

@Liam, with all do respect, ask yourself this: How many of your games were truly original? Now, hang on, hear me out. In no way do I say that you steal code or anything of the sort. All I ask is for you to consider how other games inspired you to make something like SL, JD, or SE. Charlie is in the same situation. Yes, the concept is not that original, yes, as of now the game feels way too close to super egg hunt, but I urge everyone here to patiently wait until the game is released to the world.

Super Liam: Based on classic side scrollers from mainstream games. First side scroller int he audio games community.

Super Egg Hunt: Based off an experience as a child. Minus the chicken of course. First game of it's kind in the audio games community.

Judgment Day: A spin on the classic space invaders concept using futuristic weaponry and a plot. Obviously this has been done before, but the game innovates by having persistent upgrades, minigames, and collectable achievements.

Blinded Guide: My take on the runner concept though at the time I didn't really realize this. It's slightly different due to the wider playing area.

When you post a prototype of a concept which obviously borrows heavily from a previous audio game (including part of it's name), what do you expect people are going to do?

2019-05-18 16:24:29 (edited by amerikranian 2019-05-18 16:27:45)

@17, I believe you failed to understand my question. Let me rephrase it:
Can you claim that any of your games are truly original in the gaming scene? Notice I didn't say "blind gaming scene", I said gaming scene as a whole, because without a doubt you have come up with titles that were unique in the audiogaming scene. Huge props to you for that, by the way. I will always respect you for doing so.
As for posting a prototype that borrows heavily from a game, I expect people to wait and or post somewhat constructive feedback. You don't want another super egg hunt? Suggest stuff that wasn't in the original game. I know I know, you will point me back to the concept of innovation, and I will totally agree with you. Like I said, I believe this demo was recorded a bit too early.
All I'm asking is to give the dude some grace. Heaven knows that redspot and TK are 90% similar and yet nobody raises hell because of it. I wonder why?
On a slightly unrelated note... I would like to ask you all this: If I was to sit down and code a space invader, a game that borrows heavily from JD and the classics, would I receive the same shitstorm that Charlie did, and still does? Because if so, I'd rather keep the game to myself, sorry.

What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 16:27:59

I'll claim Super Egg Hunt as a completely original concept. If someone can show me a mainstream equivalent I'd love to check it out.

2019-05-18 16:41:06 (edited by amerikranian 2019-05-18 16:45:26)

Ah, but that still proves my point. Your other games (Excluding SE because I don't have time to look for mainstream equivalent) have all borrowed concepts from various other games, though it is true that they have been unique in the audiogaming scene. I actually need to look up all the space invaders and make sure that JD was original because it's surprising nobody released a space invader before you did.
Now, I would like to point out that I agree with you, Liam. The only thing that I firmly stand on is waiting until the game has been released. After that you can bash it as much as your heart desires (As long as your bashing is valid and not for the sake of trolling of course). I fully agree with you about innovation, and I fully agree about keeping the games somewhat original. All I'm saying is give the dude some grace because it's pretty discouraging seeing a lot of posts that go "Pointless game, get that out of here right now because we don't need it" attitude on the forums when the OP said it's just a super early beta.

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 16:47:46

With all due respect, you guys are becoming ridiculous. We are criticizing devs for stealing code, normal. Stealing sounds, yet again normal, but both somewhat hard to proove and causing trouble for mods as well as the entire community. Choosing to program their game in a language you do not like, ridiculous. But now, we are going over ideas as well? What I genuinely wonder at this point is what would happen if a sighted dev comes along, never played an audio game and makes something like this? Would he receive this same feedback? If no, why not? If yes, do you think that's motivating in any way? Some developers do research what kinds of games are out there, but you cannot expect everybody to do so. I say this especially for newbies, you criticize them when they steal code and clone games, but they are receiving the same bashing if they release something simple that has already been done. Don't expect devs to be innovative at their first projects.

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 16:48:18

troopanum came before JD for sure. I won't argue that.

2019-05-18 16:55:46

lol absolutely agreed too 21 heh.

you can contact me with email: [email protected], or you can find me in quentine sceenes playroom named gamer2004

Thumbs up

2019-05-18 17:11:08

Hi.
I look forward to see how it's going to be different to Super Egg Hunt.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

2019-05-18 17:21:16

americranian wrote:

All I'm asking is to give the dude some grace. Heaven knows that redspot and TK are 90% similar and yet nobody raises hell because of it. I wonder why?

LOL, sorry, but if you say this, it means you haven't seen the drama goiing on about this particular topic in the last two years.

if you wish,  you could give a look at my github profile.
If you want to get in touch with me you can follow me on Twitter
have a nice day.
Paul