2019-05-14 01:52:11

hi all.
SO I am having a strange issue with my laptop.
My battery never charges to full anymore. It will stop around 90 percent and just say not charging in the system tray. I am using windows 10 with the latest update. My battery doesn't seem to be going bad, because the battery life hasn't really gotten worse. I have heard that this was a known issue in earlyer versions of windows 10, but I would have thought it was fixed by now. Has anyone had this problem, and if so could you advise me on how to fix it? My battery is built in so I can't exactly get a new one.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-05-14 02:08:19

Is your battery bloated? Does it feel that way anyway?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-14 02:31:58

no, it feels normal to me.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-05-14 15:33:39

Well if it's in the case, you wouldn't notice it unless it got really bad to where it was pressing on both sides and popped screws or something. It could be a normal decline in the battery after so much time. Also, it might be a setting. Mine has this mode in which you can have it charge up to a certain point, and it just sort of holds that, but it isn't full. It's supposed to be better for people who keep their laptops plugged in more, which is what I do.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-14 16:23:22

Perhaps parts of the battery are dying and you may need to get a new one soon, but I don't think your issue is very serious now as your laptop can maintain full performance while on battery. The issue will be more serious once you notice a drop in battery's voltage which will result in sudden shutdowns as the battery is unable to deliver the required power by the computer.

2019-05-14 18:57:09

well 1 years ago, my battery was on 0% and it was never charging. So i forced too plug in always and in september i get new one. Probably your batttery have problems too.

Yours kindly

2019-05-14 22:10:37

To be honest while I try, because I use my laptop mainly in my home environment I seldomly deep cycle the batteries, ie use it all up then charge, though I have tried to keep it up at least once a month or so.
Batteries like being used.
A thing I am not always good at.
You could have power pack issues, had a main plug blow on me because I bent it to many times the wrong way while folded in a bag.

2019-05-14 22:41:35

Not correct. This was the case with nikelcadmium batteries, but lithium ion and lithium polymer technology doesn't work this way. In fact, you can do damage to your batteries by deep cycling them. They prefer to be charged between 40 and 80 percent of their total capacity; doing that will yield an optimal lifespan over time. Even charging them to full, while it will impact the lifespan over time, leading to a more rapid degradation, is less harmful than deep cycling them.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-16 15:38:19

how to update the latest version of Windows hi

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.