2019-05-18 17:17:17

leibylucw, can you upload UMK 3 so I can add it? thanks, Juan

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-05-18 19:43:23

Ok well just look at the story from mk 9. That was everything that happened in the original mk games with a twist. Then, go look at mk shaolin monks. That's everything that happened in mk 2. As you say, and as I hinted at earlier, dbz game came out in 2007, and the original games came out in the 90s. Back in them old days we couldn't fit a whole couple hour campaign into 16 megabits cartridges so all we had to convey story was art and text. That generation of people didn't know any better, so they were happy with what they had. To pursue my line of thought would be repeating myself, but I will add that the devs obviously cared enough about the story to flesh it out later on when tech was better, so why shouldn't i?

2019-05-18 20:09:27

I don't know about anyone else, but any time I talk to other people about playing Mortal Kombat, we talk about the fighting mechanics, special moves, the fatalities, and everything to do with gameplay and almost quite literally anything but the story.
If you believe otherwise, that's your prerogative.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-05-19 00:04:11

Hi.
I would love to see what the fighting looks like someday. That's really got to be something, the sound quality is incredible especially in the later games.
I was thinking about playing MKT the other day, I remembered something funny. The character noob saibot I misheard it years ago, I thought his name was tool sidebox, and Baraka I thought was maraca. I think the reason I misheard was because of the terrible sound quality on the n64, probably because it comes out of just the one speaker.
I wondered, has anybody else noticed the mk3, UMK3, mkt, and mk4, that all the men characters are voiced by one guy, with a few exceptions, and all the women are voiced by one woman accept for sheeva? I picked up on that when I first played the games in the 90s, I'd be interested to know if anybody else noticed this. If you don't believe me, pull one of the games up on youtube and listen carefully, you can't tell the difference between the characters unless you can see them, they all sound the same. Just to clarify, I'm not bashing the games in any way, it's just a funny thing I noticed.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-05-19 04:23:52

My guess is they did that to save on memory. I could be totally wrong, though.
The N64's audio might deceive you into thinking names are pronounced certain ways. I grew up on the PS1 version, so I didn't have that problem. Although the N64 has that classic retro feeling imo.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-05-19 22:52:24

i’m a little late to this, plus I have discuss the whole story thing with someone quite a bit already. smile  being there in the beginning of everything. I could say that we were interested in the MK story, and there was one.  We followed it, and were aware of things going on within the mythology. Now was this the reason why we primarily played the game? No,  but as low tech, and limited as it was. We kept up, and followed it.  And in a lot of ways you had to be there to know what that was like.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-05-20 01:29:23

I can remember being in seventh grade and writing fanfic about baraka and melena for class. Lol

2019-05-20 01:49:52

Baraka and Melena? That sounds like a pretty nasty romance. I can imagine there would be a lot of biting and cutting with blades involved lol!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order