2019-05-08 01:21:26

Hi guys,

So I've installed Linux Ubuntu Mate 19.04 on my machine here, and I've installed Qemu and VirtualMachineManager alongside it. I've succeeded with installing windows 10 via narrator and 7 via the PE, but does anyone know if I can install xp in a similar way? I'd like to install it for nostalgia's sake. Thanks!

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2019-05-08 02:12:13

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately. For Windows XP the only option is downloading an existing VM from www.grossgang.com/vmware

O, they ruled the solar system near ten thousand years before, in their single starcrossed scout ships, mining asteroids, spinning lore.
Then one true courageous miner spied a spaceship from the stars. Boarded he that alien liner out beyond the orb of Mars.

Thumbs up

2019-05-08 02:20:37

If you'll see, my current configuration uses Qemu, not vmware. So unfortunately, these vms will not work.

2019-05-08 04:18:36

Do an unattended install if you have or can get a hold of a diskette drive, or if windows xp takes answer files on usb flash drives.

I'm the only adventure at c: master hahahaha I have unlocked just about everything!

Thumbs up

2019-05-08 05:00:41

I don't know that Xp could be installed via flash drive. I know 7 could, and up, but yeah. I was never able to do it under XP except with what vision I have and a powerful magnifier.

I felt the wind of your passing
        is preferable to
I felt the passing of your wind

Thumbs up

2019-05-08 05:22:35

Hmm, interesting thoughts.

2019-05-09 03:54:11

doesn't qemu support vmdks? just figure out the hardware vmware emulates and place the requisite hardware in the vm.

devin

Thumbs up

2019-05-09 03:55:57

I'm not sure if it does or not. Even so I'm not sure it'd be compatible.

2019-05-09 08:12:05 (edited by arturminyazev 2019-05-09 08:12:41)

hello
i downloaded windows xp wm config from websyte from post 2, and i don't have internet on this vertual machine.
i'm using vmware player 12
how i can fix this?

let's rock!

Thumbs up

2019-05-09 12:37:17

Mason, unattended installation is your best bet, or, you can use OCRDesktop and try to install it manually

Raduvay se, raduvay
Raduvay se domaki ne
Kolko liste po gorach
Tolko zdrave na taz kyshcha

2019-05-15 07:20:58

It seemed OCRDesktop was no longer updated and was incompatible with Ubuntu 18 and 19. I've since taken Linux off that machine. Ah well