2019-06-30 15:11:21

Hi
Is there any way I can lower the music? I am playing on my GPD win2 and have no dedicated page up or down key, providing that's what it is.
Thanks in advance.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-06-30 15:22:42

Try function down arrow.

2019-06-30 23:47:32

@177... thanks, it worked smile

2019-09-19 03:38:36 (edited by ivan_soto 2019-09-19 03:40:12)

Hey everyone,
so I'm sure you all have known that the game has been pretty quiet for a bit. I originally was gonna code the game in python after the BGT version was discontinued but there are a few things that hold me back from doing this.

* The game is already coded in a language, no need to recode it.
* My python networking abilities are extremely limited and as I said in another topic, so are my php skills, so I can't write a registration system in python that's secure enough.
* Scoreboard would have to be discontinued.
* The original code for BM in py3 was a complete mess and it wasn't worth recoding the game for the third time.

So here's what's going to probably happen, but I want to hear your input first. I'm probably going to discontinue the game for good but release a final 0.7.0 update that fixes the most serious bugs and make it completely free for good. What do you guys think?
I'm a little worried about making it free since so many people purchased the game but at the same time I don't want to continue selling a game that will no longer receive updates.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-09-19 09:37:30

nope. I paid $5, and I'm not happy about you making it free. it you make it free I want a refund. especially if you're gonna discontinue. and don't think I'll buy from you again if you end up discontinuing it.

2019-09-19 10:42:41

if this getts disscontinued i am not buying from you ever again, dood, its monney, if you do disscontinue it i will need a refund, what dev are you if you just disscontinue your game?

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-09-19 11:13:09

I would also expect a refund if you plan on making the game free.
It's only fair since some of us payed for a game that claimed to have constant updates and support.

2019-09-19 11:53:38

@179, if you'd continue releasing payed games and discontinuing them, no one would buy your games anymore. I hope you understand it. Still, balloon master wasn't something i'd pay for, so i don't understand people who bought it. Well that's there own wish, so.

2019-09-19 16:06:43

ahem i was expecting that thing.

Yours kindly

2019-09-19 16:33:59 (edited by haily_merry 2019-09-19 16:35:00)

I think people are being a little, ok more than a little unreasonable here. Then again, I honestly wouldn't expect much less from this forum. So he realises he can't update the game, and rather than just leave it paid like another popular audiogame dev, ahem ahem mister baker, he's actually offering to make it free so it can continue to be enjoyed once ivan reaches a point where he can no longer support the game, which is getting ever closer as he moves through college and gets a job.
Oh and guys, this game is 5 dollars. Ok? 5. I spend a lot more than that every week just buying basic things like food.

2019-09-19 17:25:21 (edited by amerikranian 2019-09-19 17:25:58)

@185, I think you are the one who doesn't quite get it. Let's go and address why some people may be slightly upset at this fact
1: Some of those people are under age. I don't know if you have a job, but if you don't, you probably have to either ask your parents to buy the game (which has 50% chance of working) or you work for them (in which case you feel like you actually spent time and are spending your own money). That fact alone is enough to make somebody upset.
2: Ivan promised a version with multiple modes and only partially delivered on that option. Some people have bought the game precisely do to that reason, and when they see that the community will get the version they paid for they are not really happy about it.
So, no, it's not "overreacting", I would be mad if I actually have bought the thing, so I fully support not buying paid games from Ivan as well until he starts delivering on his promises.

2019-09-19 18:48:09 (edited by omer 2019-09-19 18:52:00)

let me remind you guys something
yes mister Baker is charges his games, but he never said such a thing that i will be  support them in the feuture
if your going to bring an example, maybe choose a good  one
though if we look from Ivan's side, yeah least he is making the game      free but what is  going to happen for those are bought the thing
of course a refund is sort of impossibl after this moment but that is going to effect him with a negative way that people will be caussious against of his games

2019-09-19 21:28:12

Oh, so he's discontinuing it, now is he? I new this was coming. Thank god I never purchased it. For those who did. Well I can only say I told you so. Refund? Yeah you might as well be asking him for his house too. He'll never do this and if he does then well I'll be damned. I hope this teaches those of you who put down the money before you check the price. I must be some magical mutant. I just new this was going to happen. How predictable. Again, thank god I never purchased the thing.
@charlie, 5 dollars? Sorry bud, but people got empty promises. Where were the things he promised? 3 different modes, a scoreboard, and text achievements, we got. However, where were the audio messages? The constant updates so promised? Yeah no thanks.
This dude can't deliver what he says he can. Reminds me of that one kid  in school who keeps you waiting for something he says he has and he never ends up giving you it.
And I'll be shocked if I don't get attacked by the moderators, but who cares really. Thing is, I said what I wanted, and my point was made and proven clear.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-09-19 22:48:36

Alright, so as many people request, BM will not go free.
I'll work on updates here and there, but keep in mind that at this moment I have a new game coming up. Once I finish programming for the new game and release 1.0, I will return my attention to Balloon Master.

Ivan M. Soto.

2019-09-19 23:10:06

Nobody requested it stay paid. People said that if it became free then they should be refunded.

-

2019-12-16 05:18:40

Hi,
this is a decision I asked the forum about and took the responses very seriously. I was going to make BM free a few months ago but held off because I didn't want to upset the customers who paid for the game. I thought about taking the order page off the website and allowing the paid players to enjoy the game. I figured... if I do that keys will start being shared and I don't have the time to check and moniter keylogs for abuse anymore. Most of my time is spent looking for a job, helping out at schools or just life situations that come up.
This is why a lot of you got away for a while with perilous marathon keys being shared around. I thought long and hard today and went and looked at the game's source code. Its... a bit messy. I wouldn't say its screwed up to the point of no return, but it is not in the best of shape. I could have done a lot of things differently, but the point is... I don't code in this language anymore. You could say to just code in BGT, and I would. But python gives me much better options with code. I eventually will sit down and recode BM in python, it this time, it'll be completely free for anyone to play. Scoreboards, modes, minigames, etc. For now, the game is free, and it will stay that way for the new version as well. To anyone who paid, please contact me if you feel as though you were just ripped off $5. Money's tight at the moment, so I can't exactly give you a refund, but I could give you a free copy of Perilous Marathon. To anyone wondering of that game's state, the game will receive an update as soon as I can fix my compiler with python.
Thanks for your understanding, dedication to my games, support, and time.

Ivan M. Soto.

2019-12-16 07:53:28

I figured this would happen...

2019-12-16 08:12:19

well then give me the marathon smile

2019-12-16 08:20:43

no, it took me forever to finally save up to buy this game, and then you going to turn around and make it free, no don't you dare

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-12-16 08:29:08

Why does this surprise anyone? I saw this coming.

-

2019-12-16 08:53:12

TBH I'd forgotten about this topic or this game's existance entirely.

2019-12-16 09:40:32

I'm really very angry too, I've been buying for a long time and I've never received the unlock key.  It's just a shameful scam!

2019-12-16 17:01:16

I also never got my key, and I purchased as well, so that's why I've decided I'll never buy from this so called developer again.

Steam ID: Lord_raven86
XBOX ID: Lord Raven9232
Discord: Lord_raven86

2019-12-16 21:27:27

Propably this happened after open sourcing, well, didn't happen after it got prepared.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-12-16 21:28:55

open sourcing? You mean other people got the source? I didn't think so. Nice to know... I thought I was one of the only ones.

-