2019-05-03 03:12:09

Guys, I feel like a big nitwit. I accidentally bought a month of Apple Music, and now I only have $0.94. I can't even get a refund and now I'm a few cents short of this month's iCloud payment, so I feel really dumb.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-05-03 03:18:26

If this is the worst mistake you've made so far in your life, you should consider your self extremely lucky.

2019-05-03 03:44:19

Sorry, but how do you accidentally buy Apple Music? There are several alerts saying do you want to buy this and places to review products instead of just clicking one button being done.

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2019-05-03 06:42:35

so... what is it again we can do to help out? or what do you want .. opinions on this? If you want opinions with this, I fully agree with post 2.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-05-03 09:15:46

+1 for post2, ceriously?

2019-05-03 09:56:42

Wow really? Is that the worst thing you've done in your life? Wtf

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2019-05-03 10:07:36

a troll, like her previous posts.

2019-05-03 10:42:37

Oi, first world problems I would say.

But what is this, now we have twitter style status updates in forum threat form.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-03 11:41:52

No, I do not think it's a troll.

2019-05-03 12:24:53

If you make a monitary mistake, it can feel like the biggest mistake you've made in life at the moment.
Blessings to you, Eliza. I hope it all works out.

2019-05-03 13:13:52

but that's not a huuuuuuuge mistake, your fine. Besides, as 3 said,

jimmy69 so eloquently wrote:

Sorry, but how do you accidentally buy Apple Music? There are several alerts saying do you want to buy this and places to review products instead of just clicking one button being done.

And Aliza is, or used to, constantly pester us with things that were either out of our hands, unimportant, or were just simply rediculous.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-03 22:13:51

Grow up, please.

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

a troll, like her previous posts.

2019-05-03 23:33:17

Actually, there was just 1 button. I meant to hit not now. I don't know if my stupid hand hit this giant trackpad or what happened. The end result is I now officially have no money, and won't be getting any for a couple of months. No, I'm not asking for money. Also, the next person who publicly calls me names will be reported to the first staff member I can find who doesn't hate me.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-05-03 23:35:20

who here called you names?
I mean,  I called you Aliza, isn't that your name?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-03 23:38:11

just skip posts by this person, they're just seeking attention.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-03 23:40:04

There are far worse mistakes to make in your lifetime. You are ver fortunate that that is the only "terrible" monetary mistake. Ever been over a hundred in the hole? No? Well, I have. It was entirely on accident; I had gone to cancel a payment and did so, but I had gone through PayPal and I didn't know that you had to cancel it on PayPals end. So next thing I know I'm being charged twice for the same amount when I had cancelled it before. The total amount I was in was about $208.00 or so. That's only $92.00 before it becomes a felony up here in North Dakota. So yes, I've suffered far, far worse than you have. Life will not get any easier - wait until you get a credit card!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-03 23:54:39

Honestly, the wworst thing you were called was a troll. And honestly? Even the topic name is atention seeking,

Aliza's topic name wrote:

The biggest lunder of a lifetime.

Seriously? Biggest, just ug...

----------

2019-05-04 00:28:59

One time I was in the hole by like $311. Another time, I ended up with a cell phone bill of over $900.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-04 01:38:53

That's a lot of data usage... or phone conversations...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-05-04 02:00:37

Yeah, I think the worst that's ever happened to me was $400, but that was on a family plan. I can't imagine racking up a bill like that by myself...

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-05-04 02:01:51

something they screwed up, I had to call and fight them on it because I didn't actually use that much.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-04 03:20:17

OK at 13, that’s a bit excessive and just shows how weak of a skin you have for any kind of abrasiveness from anyone. He literally just called you a troll that’s not anything bad at all calm down

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2019-05-04 03:45:47 (edited by Guitarman 2019-05-04 03:47:41)

HI eliza.
Well applemusic usually has a trial period which you can cancel before you have to pay. If you used the trial up already then I can see how you had to pay. I can't understand how you got applemusic, it's a process reading agreements and making the final purchase of an applemusic membership. I don't think you can get a refund on this, I've never tried myself, I'm sure it's not like refunding a regular purchase.
I have two suggestions, either get family or a friend to lend you the money until you can break even, or call apple tech support and talk to them about this, but do remember that you will most likely be charged money for this.
Oh and if this is the biggest blunder you have made in your entire life, then you are a very lucky care free person indeed!H
th.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-05-04 06:12:01

Attention seeking or not, here are some things that are helpful for the OP, and good lessons for everyone else. Or maybe a little bit of both.
1. People are right in pointing out that while a mistake like this sucks, it sure as hell isn't the worst financial fallout you could have. Eve been duped by a hacker attack because someone starts a venmo in their name and uses your card? If you physically lose the card, that can happen. Or forget to cancel a service with a high yearly rate? I made that mistake with Hootsuite because its cancellation process was inaccessible, and the accessibility of Hootsuite in general is next to none. $108 down the shitter...except not, because I contacted them right away and asked politely for a refund, explaining the cancellation process wasn't working for me.
2. You *may) be able to save yourself if you haven't streamed anything through that Apple Music month you bought. Contact Apple support and ask nicely if they can refund you. They did for me, because apparently it was displaying a trial signup process when it shouldn't have, and I accidentally bought a month.
3. Really would get a better, more affordable file storage system, like sync.com and google drive, rather than iCloud. Just some food for thought. Either that, or one-off it and get a seagate wireless, for 500gb or 1tb of backup storage that is truly yours to manage.

2019-05-04 10:27:10

@ryok i don't feel like doing that at the moment.
@eliza sorry if that offended you, but i actually read all the posts sent by the users stevejobs, joan baez, and eiliza baez, and they all were nothing but trolling the community. and yeah, i just acused you of having multiple accounts.