2019-05-01 10:27:27

side-note: forgive me if this sounds like a 12 year old immeture kid throwing tantrums, i'm not in the right mind at the moment. really sick of this shit. lost all most 3 entire days of work due to this "so-called screenreader" and have been all throughout 2018.
now, let's get to the...
*rant*
24/7 lag. pc randomly freezing. overheating. ultra sound breakage. ceriusly, what the fuck is going on. I've hurd people have been reporting and nothing is being  done. and this issue isn't recent too, its been going on since ages. starting 2018 i think. i need suggestions as to what to do. i've hurd jaws has become extremely snappy compared to nvda. in all respects. and yeah speaking of that, the lag while brouzing the web with nvda. jees. i can bairly hear what i'm typing.  and in case you're wonderring, this isn't some ancient pc neither. intell core i 5 3rd gen, 8 gigs of ram, 512 gigs hdd. 3.4ghz. so yes. i'm really confused as to what the fuck are these devs playing at. i mean, what's the point of making new addons or whatever is it that you're doing when the main software works like shit in the firstplace?
really dont know anything more to say. accept this thing is getting on my nerves especially when it happens in school and i miss out on short snippets of work and then i have that to do alongside piles of homework. even right now this is lagging so bad i can bairly hear what i'm typing. this stupid ass screenreader makes me feel like i'm running a fucking seleren processer or something. i need help guys. should i switch to jaws? really considerring that. i mean this year freedom scientific are making tremendous eforts to enhance the experience, what with the picture description and support for math type in office 365 etc. but then again i've hurd that jaws is supposed to degrade your pc's performance overall. or is that  history now? i mean, many people still hate jaws with a passion. I've stood up for NVDA for all most as long as i've been using it, even the whole 2018 when it was being a pain, but not anymore. i'm done. i've
given the guys enough chances, enough time. That's it.
Any helps/suggestions will be appriciated(also sorry for the typos/gramatic errors) as i said i bairly know what i'm typing and i just wanted to get this rant out there.
*end... of rant*
regards
aarush

Abay chal.

2019-05-01 10:39:39

@1, i never had those issues. Personally i think this shit happens not cause of nvda. Maybe you have 1000 bitcoin miner trojans running on your PC?

2019-05-01 10:58:02

I'm afraid I'm in the same position as skylord here.  I have 8 gb of ram myself, have used NvdA with IE and google chrome, and! I'm using the vocaliser voices), and just never had the problems you describe.

I do notice my 3gb ram laptop experiences slowdown with NvdA when windows is updating, but once the updates are done its okay, I also don't really know what you mean about issues in office since I literally use ms word everyday.

I wonder, given your experiences if NvdA is the problem here or if you have something else going on  with your Pc as skylord said.

Personally I always make sure to run malware bites and C cleaner now and again to make sure I don't accumulate too much crap.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-01 11:04:02

@2 and 3:
yeah, at first i thoguht that and i'm sure to do what precautions @3 mentioned as well, but thing is its not just me. I know people running computers with much higher specs than me facing the same problems.

Abay chal.

2019-05-01 11:08:04

have you tried reinstalling your operative system? Maybe the problem is derived from there, not from NVDA it's self.
Is your disk cleaned? How much RAM and CPU does your PC generally use?

Paul

2019-05-01 11:45:38

i know you are using firefox, that issue is on firefox only, update, your, fucking, firefox! why don't people update when it says update?

2019-05-01 12:05:18

I also don't have this problem on firefox. I am using that right now. I even used nvda on a tablet pc with firefox (just tested again) and it worked, even though nvda is responding there generaly a bit slower but not so much that it is desturbing.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-05-01 12:21:42

@6
the only reason i used firefox is cause i thought i'd be able to improve the screenreader's performance but dind't work. apparently its the screenreader problem, not the brouzers. dam

Abay chal.

2019-05-01 12:23:59

Well, if the problem is really about Firefox, then it's really quite a nastie. I still remember those days clearly, when I sometimes even verbally told myself to stay calm and wait, as both sides, NVaccess and Firefox developers were aware of the issue and working on fixing it. I didn't switch my main brouser just because I'm simply so used to Firefox.
In other areas it's still somehow funny, how people are describing all that sluggishness and lag, while I'm basically having none of it. And yes, my machine is no way new: only 4 gig of ram due to motherboard not being able to take more and if I'm not mistaken, that's some older type of ram and yes, it's 64bit win10. There were some issues in the past during sutch processes as batch converting audio and NVDA getting somewhat ill, but that also has been sorted out.
So yeah, what to take away from all this, is always to keep software updated, even if it sometimes takes a bit of learning, sutch as it happened with Skype, but still...

2019-05-01 12:26:15

sorry for double posting.
@5:
My cpu load never goes above 20 %usually, I got 4 cores and its usually around 8 or 9%. Hell, these days its amazing me with going as low as 0.5 to 1% lol. But then suddenly, it overheats then goes up to 100% and everything is messed up. Those who’ve faced the same problems tell me this is not the case when they are on jaws. Idk what to think really. I got 8 gigs of ram as I said and usually stays near 40 to 50% having programs like qc and chrome alongside ms word open.

Abay chal.

2019-05-01 12:27:18

@9
i usually make sure to keep my softwares up to date, that's something that i like doing honestly.

Abay chal.

2019-05-01 14:08:27

I don't have issues that bad, but I do have lag sometimes, freezes sometimes, crashes sometimes, slow in some programs. I'm kind of tired of people being like well I don't have this issue. Well OK, but then don't put on their heir like we're fucking bullshitting. Why the fuck would a collective group of people start making shit up about the damn thing. It's not fucking working for people, if it is working for you, good, but don't sit there and act like we're just making shit up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-01 14:17:23

1.5 TB, 7 CPU core,       8 GB or ram, and lag never happened with nvda,  i have     35 addens installed, and never got lag, i'm using acapela infovox 4 with it, maybe you have something that makes it lag like that, my version is 2018. 1 by the way, i had a lag  before but that was a whil ago

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-05-01 14:53:00

Thing is, almost nobody has such bad performance issues. It must be something else and not NVDA. By the way, I get you are frustrated and all, but get some facts streighth. Developers of NVDA have little to do with new addons being made. That's the effort of the community.

2019-05-01 15:29:06

@12
+1
@13 i have many addons as well, and no matter how much i try to clean them up that doesn't really seem to change much.
@14, yeah i know as i said i was frustrated, i'm well aware those are contributed by the community.
i was just trying to put my issues out there.

Abay chal.

2019-05-01 15:32:00

oh yeah it must not be NVDA, NVDA is great, yeah slurp on them titties. No, because guess win R, nvda -r --disable-addons restarts it with no addons, and the issues persist. Stop fucking denying what is obvious people, jesus.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-01 15:54:50

ironcross32, calm down duede! lol Noone's denying anything. Some of us just don't have the same performance issues as others. You either have NVDA issues or you don't. NVAccess is trying its best to keep up. We're not worshipping their efforts by any means. It's just something to expect, especially from a free product. I must admit, the Microsoft Office support is still a bit iffy, but it's certainly nothing to lose your cool over. I swear. Some of you can be so dramatic. lol

2019-05-01 16:30:38 (edited by Ethin 2019-05-01 16:36:25)

I'd also like to point out that those of us who don't have these issues you claim do blow you off because we don't suffr them, and the main reason that these issues are incredibly difficult to fix, if not impossible, is that every computer is different and every setup is different. If we had them, we'd be more inclined to agree, but I don't suffer 30-second lags unless in particular circumstances (and those are usually when I'm pushing my computer to its limits). So forgive us, haters of us who *don't have these issues all the time*, if we are unable to help you.
@ironcross32, cool it! Your stepping over the line, sir!
@1, I significantly doubt this is NVDA. This sounds like there's another program involved that is causing this.
Oh, and before someone says that I shouldn't blow these people off just because I don't have them, and that NVAccess should fix them, I'll ask you a couple questions before you go insulting me immaturely:
1) Do you know what is causing the freezes? What component in NvDA is causing it? (NVDA Core is not an answer.)
2) Would you be able to fix it if you knew the code?
3) Can you reproduce the problem on NVDAccesses test machines?
Question 3 is of vital importance. Offen when you report a bug or performance problem your going to need to provide some kind of way for NVAccess to reproduce the issue. If they can't reproduce the issue, its kinda hard to fix, you know? Plus, consider how many lines NVDA's source is... the Python code alone weighs in at well over 34000 lines.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-01 17:06:48

No its that bullshit attitude like oh its your addons or its something you're doing or this or that, no bro, I fucking tested that shit, get off your fan boyistic bullshit and realize the damn thing has problems. Maybe not for every single system, but I damn sure ain't the only one, and things are getting worse.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-01 17:14:01

Oh and I think it's only fitting that I apologize to the Jaws peeps for some of the bullshit I said too. Clearly, there is fanboyistic bullshit on both sides. I'm trying to walk away from that shit, and judge these apps for their merit. I still don't like Jaws as a screen reader, nor FS or vispereon or whatever they call themselves as a company. However, that being said, Jaws has like 25 years or there about of history, and they are seeming to be working on some important shit right now, so yeah.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-01 17:50:38

So to the poster, it is definitely not your imagination! There are indeed severe performance issues with NVDA. NVDA sometimes uses about 15% of my CPU on a forth gen i5, it shouldn't be using nearly that much. Also, I do experience the typing lag on some websites. It is somehow in websites with animations or rich text controls. But for sure there are performance issues with NVDA, though offten not as bad as yours consistantly.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-05-01 17:50:40

If we still try to stay serious and on topic, then there's quite something to crack our brains at. So if simply physical capabilities of our machines are not in question, then what else may be at war in this case with NVDA? One thing that actually comes to mind  is the antivirus, as there are many different ones out there and screen readers are known to be looked at as dangerous species by some of those. I'm on Windows defender/security, however it is correctly called nowadays and fortunately there are no conflicts. In the past I have witnessed a situation, where AVG simply killed off the NVDA installer without saying a word. When saying, that I simply don't have issues with NVDA, I didn't mean calling out bullshit, rather got more interested in possible causes of the thing. Possibly there isn't really one definitive answer to this, as there are way too many different hardware/software configurations and different solutions to the problem as well. It somehow starts to remind the situation where some get hit by those nasty buggs coming with every bigger windows update and some simply don't.

2019-05-01 18:06:01

2 or 3 people on here have a loop when it comes to NVDA performance. I wont even bother to quote some of these things, but I will just say, it is common sense that when you report an issue, first and formost you need to disable all addons and see if it still happens. You don't experience the same lags that the OP does, yet you are still raging like a mad person when we say that we are not experiencing your issue. Makes sense doesn't it? Everybody has different programs installed, for all we know your Chrome might be infected. At this point I'm tired of repeating what has been said too many times already, if you are not noticing that the performance is being worked on at the moment, then too bad. I know that NVDA web performance has improved a lot for me recently, so it would not be bad to learn some behaviour on a public forum and then post. I'm not going to kill somebody because they do not experience my performance issues, the fact that this can't be discussed calmly shows the way this community went. I'm so glad that it's not being read by NV access.

2019-05-01 18:28:35

Hi,
just a suggestion. you can get a portable copy of nvda, totally untouched by any custom addon and then try running the copy separate from the main installation and see if the slowdown persists. Moreover, it might be the case that your specific Jennios UltraEloquence and a 10-odd sketchy addons compilation bundle is the one causing the lag issues. I would stay away from these guys if I were you, but who are we to judge. you may also want to downgrade to a version released in the first half of 2018 and find out if it makes any difference using that instead.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2019-05-01 18:37:35

Whenever people tell me that they have problems with NVDA my usual response is that I don't have them. I suffer freezs sometimes but that's usually fixed with a restart of NVDA (and only happends under high workloads). I don't get all bitchy and winy about why people blow me off when they don't have problems I have though. Like I said in 18, NVAccess can't exactly fix it if its not reproducible or locatable, now can they? They're not miracle workers. If NVDA was a very simple project, this might be easy to fix, but given the large number of components and files, I doubt it'll be fixed any time soon given that its such a complex project. ell, we don't even know what component is causing the freezes, whether its a group of components and so on!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github