2019-04-27 07:45:00 (edited by JoWier 2019-04-27 07:45:57)

leaving to watch the movie with dad in a few mins, so thought i'd throw this in here.
obviously, i won't find it audiodescribed in the theatre, but just wondering does anyone happen to have it? checked on audiovault, no dice. though not blaiming them since its been what, 3 days since it came out? in india it just came out yesterday actually. very excited big_smile
anyway, sorry if this sounds a little rushed, godda get ready now. byee.

Abay chal.

2019-04-27 08:31:30

We got it last Wednesday, no audio described version though of course.

2019-04-27 11:34:18

Hi,
no, unfortunately not.
Same goes for the captain marvels movie, I guess for those we have to wait for dvd versions (with audio descriptions) to come out.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-04-27 12:40:16

It's available in UK cinemas with audio description, although I don't know if I'll get to see it or not.

2019-04-27 12:42:26 (edited by JoWier 2019-04-27 12:43:27)

wow!
just...
wow!
came back just now. and the movie was, ausumn! all kinds of immotions big_smile
stop...
if you haven't watched the  movie(or movies) yet, dont scroll down. just navigate to the next posts if there are any .*spoilers*
now, for those who have: dam dam dam, iron man! sad sad sad
idk what else to say really.
anyways, will be waiting for the described version
regards

Abay chal.

2019-04-27 14:40:55 (edited by omer 2019-04-27 14:41:50)

that movie, you should defenetly watch it, you wont regret it
i just want to say one last thing,

do not read this if you havent watch the movie

cry
nothing else to say,,,

2019-04-27 18:33:11 (edited by Mitch 2019-04-27 18:40:05)

Yeah. In most United States theaters (at least in all the AMC and Regal theaters I've gone to), you should be able to see it with audio description no problem.
If it's on a movie vault, I personally wouldn't get it, because I feel that that is technically stealing money from the people creating the film.
I assume that if or when Disney+ comes out, it will have audio description, in abbl the territories that it comes out in.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-28 00:55:41

If Disney Plus gets audio description and an accessible app, I will probably subscribe for a few months. I hope that VoiceOver will work on iOS, and that the website won't be too messed up if you want to watch on a browser. Disney actually seems OK with accessibility as sometimes context dialogues pop up and explain about screen reader usage on their website, so, here's hoping. I wonder how to contact them, actually.

2019-05-03 14:11:31

According to this page, we can expect to see the release of the movie for home viewing in August of this year.

AMC Theaters provides audio description for virtually all of their titles (so they claim), and I was able to watch the movie with description.

I hope the little number of posts on this thread isn't evident of an absence of Marvel fans on the forum.  This movie was astonishing in so many ways.  The first half was less than exciting, but definitely picked up once the gang traveled back in time.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-05-03 14:16:05

God, that moovie was amazing!
I liked the ending... SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS!

My mind still hurts with the time travel thing, I don't like to think about it.
Like aaaarg!
Also I'm confused that they let Ironman die, there gonna have to find someone to take the mantle or people are gonna rage.
Lol +1 from me for Morgan being the next Ironman.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-03 15:33:57

Okay, from now on, I think a spoiler warning is completely in effect.
Oh my gosh. That was EPIC. That was literally my favorite final battle scene. While I was hoping for Captain America to be the one who dies, from a story arc perspective, Iron Man's comes full circle, and it makes sense.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-05-03 15:51:43

Yes, I love how Cap dies, it's amazing!
So this might be me misunderstanding, but did he just come back just before he was about to die? Or did he calculate it and get so lucky that he was on that bench just before he died right at that time?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-03 16:04:04

Wait, I thought he was just a really old dude. Did he actually die?
I assume it had something to do with the Infinity Stones...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-05-04 00:20:27

Its also audio described in the US what a great movie!
Spoiler

I think Cap was just old I don't think he died.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-05-04 00:26:48

O nm.

----------

2019-05-04 14:02:22

Cap never died.  When he journeyed to return the infinity stones back to their proper timelines, his last stop was his original timeline where he got his last dance with Peggy Carter.  I don't believe the movie ever disclosed the logistics behind it; it's an otherwise seemless plothole.

The movie's handle of time travel was contingent upon the multiverse theory, meaning that when they traveled back in time to get the infinity stones, their actions would have affected only those timelines and not the universe that they currently live in.  It's explicitly clear this is the case during the scene when Professor Hulk retrieves the time stone.  The Ancient One explains that Bruce Banner's own timeline wouldn't be affected, but the one she occupies would be "overrun."  Banner goes onto explain that Dr. Strange gave Thanos the stone out of his volition and that he would return the stone immediately after saving his future timeline, to which the Ancient One then gives him the stone.

If this is indeed the movie's perception of how time works, Steve traveled to a different timeline to be with Peggy.  He altered this timeline, and would not have met Falcon or Bucky on the bench in that universe.  He would've had to return to the original timeline, and I'm not certain as to how this part of the plot worked.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?